• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if calling will do it, I've gotten mixed responses from reps over the phone. The store absolutely WILL upgrade you early, though. Yes, I know, it means dealing with sales reps but if you want it sooner, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

That's not true. I have had the store tell me no to early upgrades before and had to calk vzw csr on the phone to get them to ok it...

Upvote 0
I don't know if calling will do it, I've gotten mixed responses from reps over the phone. The store absolutely WILL upgrade you early, though. Yes, I know, it means dealing with sales reps but if you want it sooner, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Calling works just fine, the general rule is, one month they'll do it no questions asked, more than that depends on who you hit.

Upvote 0
Think positive and it will happen, Everyone repeat after me:

We will hear something this week.
It will release this week.
We will all be playing with our Nexis within a week.

Repeat that 3 times and BELIEVE!!!:D

C'mon Caleb Hanie. "Victory"

(Does it help if we post three times too?):D

Upvote 0
wow, busy night last night around here i see. thankful for the pictures from zedster, not nearly as bad as the 3d mockup makes it look. but im going to plead with everyone, PLEASE STAY LEVEL HEADED and dont ride this coaster up to the top, because if vzw doesnt come forth with info, it will be like a morgue in here again :-\

Upvote 0
well guys and gals i got a responce from the CSR that i've been emailing.....this is the most official information that i've gotten directly from someone, below is her response in regards to me asking where that time frame came from......i asked if that came from her manager, or directly from verizon.....

" I had a training for the phone and at the end it said "available the week of 12-16" so verizon said it lol"

again take it with a grain of salt and i again hope shes wrong.

Upvote 0
wow, busy night last night around here i see. thankful for the pictures from zedster, not nearly as bad as the 3d mockup makes it look. but im going to plead with everyone, PLEASE STAY LEVEL HEADED and dont ride this coaster up to the top, because if vzw doesnt come forth with info, it will be like a morgue in here again :-\

Agreed! and just to help w/ the point. I caledl Verizon yesterday to vent my frustration w/ the mishandled ad that came out Thanksgiving "we don't even have that phone that is a Sprint phone. You are mistaken you saw a Sprint ad" Until there is an official announcement assume this phone will not make it to your hand.

What? My therapist said this will work!

Upvote 0
well guys and gals i got a responce from the CSR that i've been emailing.....this is the most official information that i've gotten directly from someone, below is her response in regards to me asking where that time frame came from......i asked if that came from her manager, or directly from verizon.....

" I had a training for the phone and at the end it said "available the week of 12-16" so verizon said it lol"

That sounds really fishy to me. She might be pulling your leg. They get training for a bunch of phones and they never get release dates. They just get an email the day before release or they receive a bunch of boxes the day of with instructions.

Upvote 0

I don't buy it. You know how many have done the training and no one mentioned that or leaked it? Nope.

Upvote 0

I'm not advocating lying ... but if you tell them you misplaced your phone, I've never seen anyone turned down for an upgrade in store.

Especially if you are even remotely close to your renew date.

Upvote 0

Also, who says "week of" a Friday?

Nope. BS.

(not you, her.)

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0

Did you get her name or ID number so when it comes out this week I can call her and tell her how wrong she was?

Reactions: lickwidravr
Upvote 0

Sage advice.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones