• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody. Been lurking in this thread for quite a while now (my productivity at work has severely decreased as a result). Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to everyone that is posting information. I can't wait for this phone to come out. My OG Droid, like many others, is on its last leg. It's a struggle just to make and receive calls anymore. Here's to hoping for some direct info from verizon this week!

Upvote 0
Now a lot of people have to do some editing to try and make their posts relevant.

Edit: Galaxy Nexus, Are you too good for your home?

adam-sandler-happy-gilmore.jpg

Upvote 0
Is there anyone else hoping those new pics from the bestbuy site are lightened way up for the site? I was hoping for a darker device, black even, like the Nexus S...

Not that it really matters.

Congrats everyone for hitting this milestone.... who else wants to stop hitting milestones? I know I do. GIMME THE NEXUS!

I like the color. I do like the fact that it looks darker than the GSM version. I don't really want a "shiny" phone

Upvote 0
I got a vigor on Friday. Mostly what made me get one instead of waiting was my DX radio was giving me serious issues and I've been wanting to get my girlfriend off of Sprint for the longest time now and the red Inc2 deal was too good to pass up.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this phone. Its lasted me approximately 10hours of heavy use each day, 4g connection is very good, the screen is excellent, it seems fairly sturdy and cell reception is fantastic.

I will still be checking the Nexus out when it comes but the Nexus now has some convincing to do if it wants me to exchange my Vigor for it lol

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
Hi everybody. Been lurking in this thread for quite a while now (my productivity at work has severely decreased as a result). Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to everyone that is posting information. I can't wait for this phone to come out. My OG Droid, like many others, is on its last leg. It's a struggle just to make and receive calls anymore. Here's to hoping for some direct info from verizon this week!

Welcome to the absolute insanity.

Give me Google please :p

After all, this is a Google phone. Plus, I HATE Bing

Fixed it

Seriously, this is getting anticlimactic.

Who's to say that when it finally births, I won't be able to have official ICS on the TP?

HD? Check.

Big screen? Check.

Readability in direct sunlight? Check.

Yeah, it won't make calls, but that's what I have the Dinc2 for.

This is getting so frakking old.

And here we have it fellow Nexicans....the slide into "Han hates Verizon, Part 487"

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
do we know the upc for the lte flavor of the phone? We know the model number and the best buy sku, but I have yet to see a upc. Will open up some doors into searching out the phone online

I don't think we will get that until someone leaks the first package. And it's not in anyone's system yet so you can't really hack it. Do we know if the code varies by brand or if verizon uses the same first 5 digits for all phones? I think I'll try to check today when I go.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
I got a vigor on Friday. Mostly what made me get one instead of waiting was my DX radio was giving me serious issues and I've been wanting to get my girlfriend off of Sprint for the longest time now and the red Inc2 deal was too good to pass up.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this phone. Its lasted me approximately 10hours of heavy use each day, 4g connection is very good, the screen is excellent, it seems fairly sturdy and cell reception is fantastic.

I will still be checking the Nexus out when it comes but the Nexus now has some convincing to do if it wants me to exchange my Vigor for it lol

Sad to see you crawl into the train rather than ride it on the roof with us. But glad to hear you like it so much.

Upvote 0
Maybe doesn't mean much, but launch day buyers of the Rezound will be out of their return period on the 29th. Maybe nothing, or maybe something stupid that Verizon would really care about.

Holiday Return Period didn't start till the 15th

Edit: This could also give some reasoning to the Monday launch of the Rezound.

Once again, I'm desperate, and am playing the role of optimist today.

Reactions: jdduncan11
Upvote 0
Seriously, this is getting anticlimactic.

Who's to say that when it finally births, I won't be able to have official ICS on the TP?

HD? Check.

Big screen? Check.

Readability in direct sunlight? Check.

Yeah, it won't make calls, but that's what I have the Dinc2 for.

This is getting so frakking old.

Talking about ics, I noticed that cyanogen has an very alpha build of ics. I guess I can give it an try and see how that goes lol

Reactions: CaptainRon
Upvote 0
I do think changing the title for the thread was a tad bit premature, Early.

Being able to get an ad that lists the wrong name for the phone only by clicking on a circular that applies only to New Jersey and having to search for it within the ad because it won't appear otherwise hardly constitutes a "Best Buy Page Goes Live!"

:p

In any case, it's still a big change. I know Steven will be tied up for part of tomorrow so I've updated the title and OP in light of the news.

Yeah, it's always easy in hindsight.

A page or two before your post, it was confirmed as showing in a number of regions, and getting the name wrong wasn't anything that concerned me, to be honest. Big box stores are great at typos, e.g., the probable attempt at a trademark turning the other into the RezoundT.

Anyway, I looked at what I'd added to the OP, in the middle of the night right when the news was breaking:

Best Buy page goes live, can add to list - Link (11/27)

And if I followed the links, the page is still live.

So, I updated the OP with news, provided a link to where the discussion hit and updated the title to alert everyone that something was afoot.

I don't claim to be Steven or to be able to word things as well as he does for you cats, just that I'm willing to pinch hit because I knew from our late night talk that he was likely to be tied up today.

As the news progresses, so will the title and OP, per Steven's policy.

Doing the best I can, gang, sorry to disappoint.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones