1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

Advertisement

Mr Nexy, cusjs and harpua like this.
  2. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Please reconsider. I got a little uptight a while back and came through it OK.

I enjoy what you contribute to the atmosphere here. It will not be the same.

Just say never mind and trudge on with us.

Shades.549, steevo1 and Cam like this.
  3. litrekid

litrekid Member

4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

I am sorry to hear you are leaving Han. Your presence here defined this thread, and it will be missed. I hope you reconsider, because the vast majority of people here are top notch, (the numerous condolences over my grandmother's passing is just one of many high class acts from the people here). I don't think you will find a more informative, and fun place on the web for us GNex addicts.

steevo1 and F150FAN like this.
  5. brightside

brightside Newbie

Han, I for one, will miss you on this thread. When I first came to this thread in the beginning of November, I wasn't sure if I was going to get the SGN. However, after reading the general enthusiasm on this thread from several members (especially you), I am definitely waiting for this phone to release.

I realize that you are very frustrated right now, but you may be influencing others without even knowing it.

I feel that overall, you've been a very positive force on this thread. :)

chankyu92, steevo1 and mountainlover like this.
  6. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Android Enthusiast

7. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

While Mods jobs are taxing and at times overwhelming, they generally do their best. Their best is not always the best thing (as I've personally discovered in this thread aka fake photogate) but as I have also discovered what they do is in the spirit of the right thing. They have the responsibility of protecting AF name and as such Rob's name as well as advertising revenue. I suggest if you feel wronged by a Mod and have addressed them as such, write to Phases. He is truly a third party as a mediator and has always treated me fairly

drbugsmn, red66charger, pcj and 4 others like this.
  8. ASC

ASC I'm Shy

I'm hoping we both get them very early on release day! (or earlier if we get lucky on a pre-order!)

Les NexMan likes this.
  9. nbajam

nbajam Well-Known Member

The pattern is evident. The dates keep changing because the release date keeps changing.

If you honestly think there's absolutely no difference in credibility between a word of mouth from a sales rep vs a corporate wide email discussing future releases and laying out a timeline for them and receipt of accessories and demo devices, then I'm really not sure I can help you.

woodraskam likes this.
  10. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

Han/Ben, please reconsider.

Yes, you push the limits at times (that's part of your charm), but you are as much a part of the forum as anyone else. And it won't be the same if you are not here on December 8th ;)

You have talked others from the ledge, and brought them back. They sucked up their infractions and stayed on.

This appears to be a miscommunication that can be mediated.

Don't take your ball and go home. You're better than that. The Force will suffer.

11. mside78

mside78 Guest

+1

12. cole924

cole924 Well-Known Member

The problem with all of us is that we try to find patterns. Why not just sit back and watch it all unfold. I'm frustrated too that I want my new phone, but I'm going to be patient. I cannot work myself up and say DECEMBER 8th!!!! because i'll be mad if it doesn' come true.

I'll watch and wait. :D

IndecisiveElle likes this.
  13. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Android Expert

I wish you could reconsider. You've been posting in this thread far longer than most of us, and despite the quantity of your posts, they were high quality as well. At least half of my almost 500 thanks probably went towards your posts. We laughed together, we cried together, we told Verizon to you-know-what together. The thread'll definitely be different without you.

I understand that you're upset over the infraction, but the mods are the first to admit that they make mistakes. They don't claim to be perfect. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to live and let live.

If this is really it, though, then I, and the rest of the posters in this awesome thread, will be sad to see you go.

See you when we see you, Han.

14. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

Very true. Like I said, it's mostly for dreams (mine). Plus, the way I see it, the Verizon model number was unknown to us at the time of that article. LOL. Just dreaming... But still hopeful!!!

Nexus Prime Support Page Uncovered?

Mr Nexy and zx10droid like this.
  15. mside78

mside78 Guest

Exactly what i said. nice call!!

16. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Plus, now that we know you are actually Ben Kenobi masquerading as Han Solo, we got a whole nother chapter of the story to play out ;)

salizai01 and BlueBiker like this.
  17. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

IndecisiveElle likes this.
  18. zedster

zedster Android Enthusiast

Don't leave, we'll have to eat you if you do
    [​IMG]

drbugsmn, steevo1 and brocktice like this.
  19. Bklynchildxbc

Bklynchildxbc Newbie

just wondering since i was spending so much time focusing on the SGN when the Rezound was released did VZW announce it at all as far as the date to the general public or did they just release and then start advertising it?
    i ask cause maybe they going to do the same with SGN most people that have smart phones don't research online like us so is Verizon going to release it as just another phone or do you think they know the android community has a close eye on things? maybe these leaks and rumors are VZW planned knowing the people that really want that phone are us and they know we watching hmmmm

20. artnsx

artnsx Well-Known Member

So if I plan to troll the verizon website tonight at midnight looking for new information on nexus, whats the best technique?

21. zx10droid

zx10droid Android Expert

it was announced prior to release, iirc the previous week

22. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

I really don't understand why people out there in the Gnex universe keep talking about an 11/29 release date. A TUESDAY release? 2 days from now and nothing??

Maybe I need new glasses, folks, but I'm having a hard time seeing it...

Cam, scottg96 and TheRoosevelt like this.
  23. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread​

More Drama Than the Kardashians

dantheman7, BobF, droid904 and 14 others like this.
  24. zx10droid

zx10droid Android Expert

news.verizonwireless.com then f5 until your heart is content(or your f5 is broken)

25. Ginga

Ginga Lurker

since i cant post a link yet... phonearena has a new article about resuming shipments of the nexus due to the volume bug

yay first post after a looooooooooong time of lurking

BlueBiker likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: