• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. good point. I wonder where they went. The camera app must work similarly to video watching apps and disappear because otherwise how would we get out of the camera app? turn off the display? Maybe. Interesting.

It is strange. I hadn't even thought of just how many different ways the hard buttons came into play until now.

Upvote 0
Alright, I just lost an hour of my life. I didn't perfect it and make it perfectly, but THIS is the way it should look. Thank God for those Photoshop classes in college. haha

kbqhqt.jpg

Upvote 0
I haven't played with enough tablets. Huh huh. How do the buttons work in honeycomb? Like, how would you back out of an app?

They stay on the screen at all times. In honeycomb the status bar is at the bottom of the screen which is where the buttons lay. The status bar does not change as you move through the OS (in and out of apps). The home, back, and mulitask buttons are always on the bottom left of the screen for you to use any time. The multitask button is actually my favorite feature of honeycomb, because it's no longer about long-pressing (waiting) on the home button, but it's a dedicated button that follows you where ever you go.

Like I said, go watch some Honeycomb demos on youtube, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Reactions: kastleberg
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this was discussed before while most of us are debating processors, soft buttons on Prime. Since this is the first device with ICS on board, I'm curious on its apps compatibility. Would old android apps written for Froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb work fine? And what about the screen resolution issue. Would froyo, gingerbread apps written for WVGA scale properly to fill up larger HD screen space or are they going to look small on Prime's HD screen? I guess honeycomb apps would better fit to the screen resolution of prime since they are written for large screen.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this is discussed before while most of us are debating processors, soft buttons on Prime. Since this is the first device with ICS on board, I'm curious on its apps compatibility. Would old android apps written for Froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb work fine? And what about the screen resolution issue. Would froyo, gingerbread apps written for WVGA scale properly to fill up larger HD screen space or are they going to look small on Prime's HD screen? I guess honeycomb apps would better fit to the screen resolution of prime since they are written for large screen.
Sorry there is no debate on the cpu, it is a Exynos 1.5 dual core.;)

Upvote 0
I was just watching 60mins and there was a "news break" that said "Samsung has delayed launching their new Nexus prime phone on tuesday out of respect for the passing of Steve Jobs"

WTF I googled this and found no OFFICIAL report for thats the reason. Apparently CBS has other sources?

They released a statement the other day saying that's why.

Upvote 0
Sorry there is no debate on the cpu, it is a Exynos 1.5 dual core.;)

Works for me!

I was just watching 60mins and there was a "news break" that said "Samsung has delayed launching their new Nexus prime phone on tuesday out of respect for the passing of Steve Jobs"

WTF I googled this and found no OFFICIAL report for thats the reason. Apparently CBS has other sources?
I don't think "why" questions can be reliably established as fact. Even if Samsung flat out declared it was due to Jobs' passing, one could speculate that the real reason is for some business purpose.

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones