• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really going to make us go through the weekend without confirmation?! :(

I have to confess I'm continually amazed at how many guys are in shock with each passing day/week and no announcement.

At some point people will realize that nobody has reliable info other than Verizon. You guys just love to set yourself up for continued disappointment.

Having Verizon's FIOS has taught me about 'dates' 'rumors' 'insiders' 'guys who know other guy's sisters who worked for Verizon 10 years ago' and on and on.

Wait for Verizon to say something and you won't be disappointed. The only reason you guys are disappointed is because you believe these rumors.

Reactions: loda7 and Airmaxx23
Upvote 0
I have a curious question since hearing the source bashing yesterday and this morning. How can someone here "vet" a source? If we can verify this information why would we need the source in the first place?

If someone wants to throw a date out then by all means do it. In this forum it should be taken as an opinion and nothing more. This is not some super secret squirrel society that has they keys to a doomsday device.

End grump

We are all a little tired and a little wired and we all just want a little confirmation from Verizon. Points for partial movie quote :)

This may not be some super secret squirrel society, but it sure seemed to have collected a bunch of nuts.

Reactions: Sumsalty
Upvote 0
I have to confess I'm continually amazed at how many guys are in shock with each passing day/week and no announcement.

At some point people will realize that nobody has reliable info other than Verizon. You guys just love to set yourself up for continued disappointment.

Having Verizon's FIOS has taught me about 'dates' 'rumors' 'insiders' 'guys who know other guy's sisters who worked for Verizon 10 years ago' and on and on.

Wait for Verizon to say something and you won't be disappointed. The only reason you guys are disappointed is because you believe these rumors.

it's fun though. :D

Upvote 0

I believe you...and yet I'm still disappointed. :D

Look into my avatars eyes...that's how I feel.

Upvote 0
Is it just me or does it look like the GN is moving towards the light at the end of the tunnel?

Really hope so. These docks have got me amped again.

Question: Steven or someone who has an idea of how this works when the phone actually does come out, where do we go after this thread closes to continue talking?? Really want to continue talking with everyone when we reach the finish line.

Upvote 0
My brother sent me this this morning:

IMAG0339.jpg

"Look what button showed up yesterday morning in the system."

Edit: I forgot I have to be specific: He works for Verizon. He works in the call center. Did not describe what the button does, but the phone is now 'in the system' whatever that means.

If he doesn't push that button every 108 seconds, we won't be getting the Galaxy Nexus:D

Upvote 0

And you just now decide to let us in on your secret?! Where the heck were you 50K posts ago when we needed you?!!

:D

Reactions: pcriz
Upvote 0
FWIW...Just got back from my local Best Buy. The guy there that is a huge fan of this phone said that the leek that was floating around looked to be very true. He said VZW will have the phones on the 8th and BB and other places at a later date BUT he also was extremely sure that at least BB will be holding a pre-order.

Upvote 0

Question: Steven or someone who has an idea of how this works when the phone actually does come out, where do we go after this thread closes to continue talking?? Really want to continue talking with everyone when we reach the finish line.

All of the moderators, etc will post their home address. You will be subconsciously drawn to the closest one. gotta bump.

Kinda like close encounters of the third kind. Hence the name Galaxy Nexus.

Upvote 0
My brother sent me this this morning:

IMAG0339.jpg

"Look what button showed up yesterday morning in the system."

Edit: I forgot I have to be specific: He works for Verizon. He works in the call center. Did not describe what the button does, but the phone is now 'in the system' whatever that means.

I asked a CSR to add a button to alarm me when the GN is release.... Glad they followed up. ;)

Reactions: overbyc1
Upvote 0
A dock or mount to fit all the different kinds of cases? Think about it. At lease Samsung made its docks so the extended battery for the SGII would not hamper it.

I think when a phone maker designs a phone for its looks he/she does not have cases on its mind.

I find the different kinds of cases to be amusing. I reserve a front pocket for mine. LG made a rough use phone didn't they.

Apple designs their docks around their cases don't they?? Why can't Samsung make their own case with docks that also support the case?

Reactions: jdduncan11
Upvote 0

There will be other threads. I make a motion for a thread to be started in the next couple days, in the lounge, and linked here so everyone who wants it can subscribe. That way we have a 'watering hole' to go to when we aren't in the actual threads of using the phone.

Upvote 0
I'd like to nip this in the bud before it turns into a rumor. The unit I have coming for testing has nothing to do with working out bugs on the phone. I'm not in any way testing the unit to find bugs or lack there of. The units coming to us are for personal use for myself and our firm to try out.

So......how is it???

Reactions: garbageduck
Upvote 0

Sure...

We carry on convo through thread topics in this section.. social banter goes into the lounge. :)

Steven

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

We can very easily start a Galaxy Nexus POST-Release thread in the Lounge for any and all BS we want :)

Upvote 0
No offense to any sources here, but I also don't put much faith in anything I hear. I wouldn't call what we hear from the more credible sources "rumors", but rather informed speculation, just not facts.

There are very few in Verizon who know the truth, and the chances of this leaking to out to someone lower in the chain would leak this information here is very small.

I do expect the phone to be out by the end of the month, but I have no reason to believe it's going to be out on any particular date, whether its the 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th etc. Just don't plan on having it until close to new year's, and you won't be disappointed again.

Reactions: bi0nicman
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones