• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live about fifteen minutes from the Samsung store. I might check it out later tonight or tomorrow, if I can convince myself that it is okay for me to not study for an hour or two. If I do go, is there anything specific anyone wants looked at/a picture taken of/tried out?

I second battery cover. I'd love more of a description of the building and how it feels in hand in general. I don't many of the reviews have discussed it much and personally I find that important in a phone. I know it's in NYC where I imagine the reception is good, but maybe test out the GPS! See how quickly it locks in.

Upvote 0
I might not have all the Galaxy Nexus news - but i'll challenge anyone at fashion!

I'm going against everyone and saying wear the heels. Those are cute! However, make sure your clutch/wristlet/bag isn't as flashy as the shoes. Let the shoes be the focal point of the outfit.

In fact,a nice red or black clutch would go so well with this outfit. It's small so it won't take away from the shoes, and it will accent everything together.

Yes... I'll admit it. I'm a 26 year old male with some fashion sense. Ladies can either love it or hate it! lol

Not against everyone, I picked those as well. That was assuming it was a date of course. If not, you may give him the wrong impression.

Upvote 0
Football anyone? Cam? :)

Where's Cam are you ready for this game! 20 min SEC championship I'm a GA native, but not a dawg fan. Hope it's a great game GA is going to have to play their best game of the year and LSU will have to play their worst for the dawgs to take victory. Not likely, but hoping for a barn burner! GL to you and your Tigers Cam ;)

Reactions: Cam
Upvote 0
I second battery cover. I'd love more of a description of the building and how it feels in hand in general. I don't many of the reviews have discussed it much and personally I find that important in a phone. I know it's in NYC where I imagine the reception is good, but maybe test out the GPS! See how quickly it locks in.

I agree. How does it FEEL? Does it feel big and bulky? Or just a little bigger than the rest? Does it feel solid, well made or cheap? :thinking: Am I going to need a "Phone bag" or will my pocket do? ;)

Upvote 0
Is anyone else disappointed the landscape dock doesn't have the hdmi/mhl connection? I guess it would be hard to do since the port is on the bottom of the phone but still...

The MicroUSB is still accessible on the side so you can just plug an MHL into that with the phone in the dock. There's no way three pins can carry enough data for HDMI video.

Upvote 0
waittaminute ... is this another chick-phone? j/k :D

I just returned from Costco... and while I didn't really have the time or the will to stop and chat, I did overhear one rep say to the other ... "yeah I just read the documents they sent us about the grandfathering."

I was very tempted to ask, but I didn't think I'd get a response, so I didn't.

Upvote 0

Where's Cam are you ready for this game! 20 min SEC championship I'm a GA native, but not a dawg fan. Hope it's a great game GA is going to have to play their best game of the year and LSU will have to play their worst for the dawgs to take victory. Not likely, but hoping for a barn burner! GL to you and your Tigers Cam ;)

Go Dawgs! Sic em!

Reactions: DSCR and jbdan
Upvote 0

[Hide]Geaux Tigers![/spoiler]

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
The MicroUSB is still accessible on the side so you can just plug an MHL into that with the phone in the dock. There's no way three pins can carry enough data for HDMI video.
Yeah, that was my first thought as well when I saw only three pins in the original leaks.

USB requires 4 contacts minimum, and MHL uses the same connector. Four pins are 5V power and return, and ser+ and ser-.

Not sure what the three pogo pins on the GNex do, other than just power. Could be similar to those magnetic plugs that aren't polarized, so they can connect either way. Ground on outside two pins and voltage center, for example. Either way, it would nice if they would have added the capability to output signals through a dock.

Upvote 0
New Pic with jeans included:
IMG_20111203_133242.jpg

I am going to dinner first - it is not a date - it is dinner with a friend who is then going to be the one to show me Star Wars for the first time. Yes, Episode 4. :D:p
And while it isn't a 'date' because neither of us has any expectations other than friendly conversation, dinner and movie I am still looking to my 'family' for opinions because it's what a woman stresses over.

From girl to girl (me to you)...that is an AWESOME outfit. The shoes could go very wrong if worn with a short mini...but with jeans...KILLER. And the red top, with a v-neck that isn't plunging...and the jeans have just a teeny sparkle (subtly whispering 'look at my butt'). Really, really great choices!!

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Go Dawgs! Sic em!

More OT college football talk:

As a Clemson fan, i seldom say this, but GO DAWGS!! I want to see the BCS system go down in flames. With Houston losing to Southern Miss, LSU losing would leave no undefeated teams. The fallout could finally be what college football needs to get a playoff system.

Reactions: Crashumbc and jbdan
Upvote 0
Question:
Have about $200 budget for a gift (for myself), I really don't need anything... but browsing around two things have sort of caught my eye. Nintendo 3DS as I really do miss the old Nintendo games. And the Kindle Fire, as I'd like a tablet, however it is only 7", and I would prefer a 10"er...

BOO!

I thought in order to be a Nexus device, carriers weren't allowed to touch it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones