• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to an AT&T store today to pick up a sim for my Galaxy Nexus I imported. And the first guy I talked to asked me if I had the Nexus S and I said no I have the Galaxy Nexus. His face was priceless, he yelled to another employee that I had the Galaxy Nexus.

The next guy helped me out, and was drooling all over my phone. He was saying that he cant wait to get one and says there samsung rep told him they would have a treat for them early 2012 and he is hoping that it is this phone.

I almost didn't think he was going to give me my phone back at first, he was talking about our favorite site!!!! I felt like the most popular person there.

Anyways the phone is worth the wait and should be here soon for you Verizon peeps.

Upvote 0
Blast Speed tier

i see they have raised some of their speeds, my last comment was from when the performance was 12 i believe. we have the triple play package, so im just guessing what we have, because a tech once told us we get around double what we're supposed to get. we typically get 24-28. i just hope people around us dont start using comcast :p

Upvote 0
So I went to an AT&T store today to pick up a sim for my Galaxy Nexus I imported. And the first guy I talked to asked me if I had the Nexus S and I said no I have the Galaxy Nexus. His face was priceless, he yelled to another employee that I had the Galaxy Nexus.

The next guy helped me out, and was drooling all over my phone. He was saying that he cant wait to get one and says there samsung rep told him they would have a treat for them early 2012 and he is hoping that it is this phone.

I almost didn't think he was going to give me my phone back at first, he was talking about our favorite site!!!! I felt like the most popular person there.

Anyways the phone is worth the wait and should be here soon for you Verizon peeps.

Nice. I would probably react the same way if I were them, haha.

Reactions: Wolfedude88
Upvote 0
Steven: my main question: was there a lot of people gathered around it? Or were you able to fondle it freely for a fair amount of time?

There were a lot of people, but I muscled my way in and when I told the product demonstrator I was going to make a forum write-up about it, he spent a lot of time with me showing me both versions of the phone. He owns the gsm on t-mobile.

Upvote 0
Edgadget Hands on Verizon LTE Version

Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon LTE hands-on (video) -- Engadget

2011-12-03-dsc04492.jpg
I was in NYC today at Rockefeller Center but it so was ridiculously packed
we could barely move thru the crowds! Wish I had known about the GNex being shown.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to stop by tonight and say...I preordered my Nexus today! Or as much of a preorder as it could be at this point. My buddy who is a manager at a Verizon retailer (and sent me a pic of the Cellebrite system yesterday-it's real!) is going to take a phone out of stock for me when they come in. It's not a true preorder, but it's good to know a Nexus will be waiting for me when it finally releases.

Upvote 0
Not a case fan, but I'm getting one to bridge the gap between purchase and when Sena releases their ultrathin pouch for the Nexus.

One very important reason to get a case is Samsung's camera lens protrudes enough to easily get scratched when you set the phone down.

At lease this is the case with the SG2 and Samsung Focus S.

Upvote 0
I just wanna know more about the camera! how'd those shots look? did you take any video shots with the phone? are critics being too harsh on it?

focused pictures were natural and awesome... some of the rapid fire pix were blurry and worthless. Didn't do video.

Upvote 0

I think if the Nexus is clocked equivalently it would have won all of the speed tests.

BTW, the Nexus has the same screen dimming tech that the GS2 and Note do, but no one has found a way to turn it off on the Nexus yet. That's why the screen registers lower brightness on an all white/mostly white background. It's likely something that will have to be an aftermarket turn off since Google/Samsung didn't put a toggle in like they did with the GS2 and Note.

Upvote 0
I think those rapid fire pics are what reviewers are basing their camera comparisons on. Would explain why i and most others dont agree with their findings. Ive said it before, but zero shutter lag is only for when your short on time and need to snap a pic instantly without hesitation.

I think if the Nexus is clocked equivalently it would have won all of the speed tests.

BTW, the Nexus has the same screen dimming tech that the GS2 and Note do, but no one has found a way to turn it off on the Nexus yet. That's why the screen registers lower brightness on an all white/mostly white background. It's likely something that will have to be an aftermarket turn off since Google/Samsung didn't put a toggle in like they did with the GS2 and Note.

Thats what i thought. The Note is clocked at 1.4GHz. What i find suprising is that in the graphics department, even with an older GPU, the Nexus outperformed the Note.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones