• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
NXD66.jpg

lol.

Upvote 0
Like this?

463641284-a64366904da2a39ef960f1a411e1135a.4edaf748-scaled.png

Thats as full screen as you get on stock ROM, but if your looking for more with the massive screen, id say look towards a normal monitor.

Just with the black strip below gone. Would be cool if it worked like video or if someone can make it work that way so you could toggle the bottom buttons to take advantage of the 4.65 beauty.

Upvote 0
I went to the Samsung store in NYC tonight as well. My god, the phone was so beautiful and sexy. You really do have to see it to do it justice.

Just a couple of points I want to share. Some blogs (see: Boy Genius) had a bit of an issue with the size, but I found it pretty easy to use 1-handed and I have smaller-than-average hands for a guy. It's certainly a lot bigger than my D2, but it still felt really good in my hand. This was really my only major concern with the phone, so it was awesome to see that it really wasn't too big at all.

Second comment is that I thought the quality of the phone was very high, despite being made of completely plastic. It's very light, but it doesn't feel like it's made of cheap plastic or anything. The cover on the back has a very nice feel to it and I didn't feel any cheapness to the phone. Coming from a D2, I was obviously in envy of the thinness of the phone. I can't wait to get rid of my D2 hardware keyboard that I NEVER use.

The screen is just beautiful, even when it's turned off. There's just something so elegant about a completely "blank" black piece of glass with no buttons or anything with just an ever-so-slight curve.

Like I said, I've seen hundreds of pictures of the phone and read 20+ reviews, but nothing can do it justice until you see it for yourself. Hopefully, we will all get that chance in less than a week!

My gf was laughing about how I was having such a nerdgasm over the phone when we were at the store, but it's just a brilliant device. I'm so in love, I'm planning to stop in at the Samsung store tomorrow to play with it again! Can't wait!

Upvote 0
Just with the black strip below gone. Would be cool if it worked like video or if someone can make it work that way so you could toggle the bottom buttons to take advantage of the 4.65 beauty.
Trust me that is enough screen real estate for most. Oh and anybody using the browser, make sure you go to Settings>Labs and select Quick Controls. You will get access to this little but extremely useful sidebar.

463655526-d2c2ab1ba1f7b7978e9166eb7f59897d.4edaf748-scaled.png

Upvote 0
I went to the Samsung store in NYC tonight as well. My god, the phone was so beautiful and sexy. You really do have to see it to do it justice.

Just a couple of points I want to share. Some blogs (see: Boy Genius) had a bit of an issue with the size, but I found it pretty easy to use 1-handed and I have smaller-than-average hands for a guy. It's certainly a lot bigger than my D2, but it still felt really good in my hand. This was really my only major concern with the phone, so it was awesome to see that it really wasn't too big at all.

Second comment is that I thought the quality of the phone was very high, despite being made of completely plastic. It's very light, but it doesn't feel like it's made of cheap plastic or anything. The cover on the back has a very nice feel to it and I didn't feel any cheapness to the phone. Coming from a D2, I was obviously in envy of the thinness of the phone. I can't wait to get rid of my D2 hardware keyboard that I NEVER use.

The screen is just beautiful, even when it's turned off. There's just something so elegant about a completely "blank" black piece of glass with no buttons or anything with just an ever-so-slight curve.

Like I said, I've seen hundreds of pictures of the phone and read 20+ reviews, but nothing can do it justice until you see it for yourself. Hopefully, we will all get that chance in less than a week!

My gf was laughing about how I was having such a nerdgasm over the phone when we were at the store, but it's just a brilliant device. I'm so in love, I'm planning to stop in at the Samsung store tomorrow to play with it again! Can't wait!

You are making me want to take a road trip tomorrow:)

Upvote 0
I've been worried about this. Is this phone going to be user friendly for those that aren't tech geeks? :thinking:

This is my biggest fear because it will be my first Android phone and I am so NOT tech smart. To fork out $300 in these economic times is a big deal for me as I know it must be for all of you, and to find myself overwhelmed and frustrated...well I'm just hoping I will figure it out. I just love everything I've read about and seen on video plus I'm counting on all your expertise.

Reactions: rsb148
Upvote 0
horn.jpg

I just want to give a special shout-out for Wilfred B, taking the time and showing the love by showing us all this cool stuff on this Saturday night. :)
Its 4:50 on Sunday morning here, but this thread gave me most of my info before the phone came out so i feel as if i have to give something back. This thread and a few beers keep me going :D

Upvote 0
took the 10 minute trip to see the phone as well, once I heard it was there. I was down several beers but it did not take much for me to realize that this thing is just pure beauty. The wait will be so worth it to have my baby in my hands. I will cradle her like the little sloth bear that she is :)..

Man-bike-with-sloth-bear.jpg

Upvote 0
From the FWIW department, Stopped at Bestbuy tonight w/ mt son to look at a few things and talked to the BB Mobile guy. He said they would absolutely have the SGN on Dec. 11th. I asked if he was positive, if that came officially from Verizon and he said absolutely and that he would save me one if I gave him my info.
I didn't give him my info because I want to get mine on the 8th from Verizon. ;)

I think this supports the 11th date for BB, but I don't think it diminishes the thought that VZW stores will have it on the 8th.

Upvote 0
Just like Plasma tv's Amoled is more prone to burn in, but it's not something you should be concerned with on a phone.

I hope the phone has a feature similar to my TV to deal with image burn in. When My TV had a network logo burned into the screen it has a setting that runs a bright white bar across the black screen to erase the burn in (it's possible that it's a black bar across a white screen, its been a while since I had to clear the burn in off).
I would say that I am concerned about it on a phone because when I was at the Verizon store yesterday looking at a Razr (that did not tempt me away from the GNex) I notices that the home screen buttons were burned in so that I could still see them when I was looking at a mostly white page in the browser.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones