1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I'm fine with these specs. How about you guys?

I know r4yN won't be, but people seem to think it will be really fast regardless. I don't think it will be a problem for gaming.

Advertisement

2. Namrak

Namrak Android Expert

Since we have established 3/4 discrepancies so far...did BGR say plastic or metal??? I can't remember, but it could be the fourth difference...

3. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Can someone tell me what the DDR2 is in the RAM spec?

4. Greeninferno

Greeninferno Newbie

as long as its stock android these specs will do fine for me
    (i know i know considering its a nexus it will be stock but i didnt fell right just posting "Yes")

5. Mannequins

Mannequins Well-Known Member

I got my desktop for gaming. I just want a really fast and smoother browser experience, and i believe ICS is going to give that to us regardless of the processor.

6. S1dewinder

S1dewinder Guest

Exactly. It's like watching the weatherman and she or he says, "there is a definite chance of scatter light with a mix of darkness tomorrow morning." Something is going to happen. There will be some weather and there will be some announcement.

7. gilgehmesh

gilgehmesh Well-Known Member

I'd like to know about the battery size. I think the specs look fine. I'll play the real demanding 3D games on my PC so that's okay. I do really wish for sdcard slot, especially one that's compatible with microsdxc, though.

8. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

BGR's specs:

IRC specs:

Screen size is slightly different. . .

Mannequins, gilgehmesh and Namrak like this.
  9. gilgehmesh

DDR2 mean something like Double Date Rate 2... not Dance Dance Revolution 2.

Edit: Compare to DDR, it has faster data transfer rate but higher timing and latency states. A good DDR would be like 2-2-2-5 (a good BH6 RAM) but top out around DDR400 where as a good DDR2 would be like 5-5-5-10 but maxing out around DDR800. DDR2 does go up to DDR1066 but with higher timing and latency states, something like 7-7-7-11.

EarlyMon likes this.
  10. Steven58

Steven58 Recognized Incompetent Moderator
    Moderator Thread Starter

:eek::D

Dunno.

I don't know.. this doesn't sound promising.

Welcome to The Nexus Prime thread! :D

UBRocked and EarlyMon like this.
  11. Steven58

Steven58 Recognized Incompetent Moderator
    Moderator Thread Starter

OP updated to include latest leak.

EarlyMon likes this.
  12. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Android Expert

I think it will be awesome. r4yN will probably be happy when some reviews come out.

r4yN likes this.
  13. the7nd

the7nd Member

I believe it is a category based on how fast it can transfer data.

I think this puts it at a speed of: 400-800 Mbps

Scroll down to NKK's post for a more detailed explanation.

14. Mannequins

Mannequins Well-Known Member

1. screen size
    2. 1.3mp ff camera
    3. 1.2 ghz
    4. 9mm ??

15. gilgehmesh

I hope black_man_x is not totally serious here. I would prefer the battery to not suck.

16. nkk

nkk Android Expert

Without being too technical, it is a bandwidth spec ( the technical spec encompasses a lot more like that, but it all boils down to different bandwidths). The options for memory are DDR, DDR2, or DDR3. DDR2 allows for 3200 MB/s of bandwidth, and DDR3 for 6400MB/s. Since we are not doing and video editing or even real hard multitasking, we do not need DDR3. Also...I am not sure there is a DDR3 phone module in production. Anyway, it means the phone's memory (RAM) will be able to transmit data to the processes asking for it much faster than older phones (and by older I mean 8 months ago IIRC).

IF you want a more technical explanation, look at wikipedia.

Nkk

EDIT: wrote clock speeds instead of bandwidth. Oops. :p

BlueBiker, the7nd and Namrak like this.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Yeah, I was thinking either thickness or screen size for #4. IRC's specs for screen size is slightly different.

18. VTarantino

VTarantino Member

And while we're at it, let's not forget gsmarena's specs of:
    1.5GHz Exynos
    PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU
    8MP rear camera
    2MP front camera
    2050mAh battery
    dual-mode GSM/CDMA radio (+LTE, of course)

Based on what people have been teasing about how it won't disappoint, part of me wants to lean towards these specs more and more. Also, if I'm not mistaken, gsmarena had the first leaked pic of the (Galaxy [Nexus) Prime]...

19. Namrak

Namrak Android Expert

Yeah I'm of the opinion he's just tweeting at this point for attention. I mean how can a screen be too colorful??

gilgehmesh likes this.
  20. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

If it comes out with GSM's specs I will be blown away. I'm happy with the lower specs, but we'll see.

Hopefully they will announce it next Tuesday in Hong Kong. Here's hoping.

21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I think he's being sarcastic and commenting on the fact that the phone can't satisfy everyone. At least that's how I took it.

lennydude and UBRocked like this.
  22. VTarantino

VTarantino Member

It's been a long time since I've researched hardware to build a computer, but if memory serves me correctly, old RAM used to be able to either transmit or receive one packet of data with every clock cycle of the CPU. That is, one packet of data per tick-tock.

DDR allowed for data to be sent with the upswing and downswing of the clock. That is, one packet of data with tick, one packet of data with tock.

DDR2 is going to be the next evolution of that, but I'm not sure exactly what the difference is.

23. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

LPDDR2 is the latest type of RAM used in smartphones made in the last 6-9 months or so. It's available in different speeds and also single versus dual-channel, but there's probably no way to find that out w/o confirmed specs from the manufacturer.

4.63" vs. 4.65" could be the same thing w/roundoff or conversion error, the screens may(?) be manufactured w/metric instead of English measurements. I know dot pitch is always measured in fractions of a millimeter.

the7nd likes this.
  24. gapi

gapi Android Expert

I'm not doubting it. As a photographer I am interested in seeing a section of the image @ 100%. I know its a phone but I do look at all of them @ 100% that I can to compare.

25. pcj

pcj Well-Known Member

Cool, the 19th...can't wait.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews