• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
called 2 radio shacks around me hoping they would give me similar news, but both said they didn't know anything

Amplifying info: the person who answered the phone apparently could understand what was on the screen in front of him and he had to call a co-worker over for help. Also, I did not volunteer anything about Friday, just asked when I'd be able to purchase. I've got to use my phone recording app more often so I can catch those subtle hints. I'll call again tomorrow to make sure.

Upvote 0
This is what I was trying to say earlier. If stores have the phone and are ready to sell, they'll sell when they were told they can sell. Unless Verizon specifically tells each store they can't sell on the 9th, it will be sold on the 9th.

I must say, that would be a rather odd launch; some stores launching it unofficially :D

+1

I remember awhile back best buy sold a phone( can't remember which one) a few days before vzw did and ever since then verizon has always given bb a hard date that they could sell and not as soon as they got inventory in. Looks like that may happen if radio shack sells the phone fri.

Upvote 0
This is what I was trying to say earlier. If stores have the phone and are ready to sell, they'll sell when they were told they can sell. Unless Verizon specifically tells each store they can't sell on the 9th, it will be sold on the 9th.

I just left my VZW corporate store and was told by my buddy "We were explicitly told to not sell ANY of the phones until we got a direct ok from Corporate"

I'd say that Verizon has told locations exactly that.

Upvote 0
OFF TOPIC: Just noticed this little funny from a printer cartridge box sitting on my desk. ....I WAS thinking about her bottom line

Attachments

• IMG_20111207_150212.jpg
    IMG_20111207_150212.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
Didn't many Verizon stores report receiving GNex accessories over a month ago?

What is the record for how long accessories are sent to Verizon stores prior to the phone actually releasing?

Since some stores have already received the GNex, what is the longest that Verizon stores have had phones in stock before the phone was actually released?

Please don't tell me that Verizon never promised a release date as I have been waiting about 2 years since Verizon promised me a Nexus phone!!!

Something seems very odd to me about this whole situation.

Upvote 0
My 3g actually seems faster then it normally is. I guess its because there are not as many people clogging up the bandwidth. :p

On my little old Eris, 3g is working faster, then it went to 4g....then to 5g!!...then a picture of the Gnex appeared on the home screen.....now the frigging phone is smoking and melting. The Gnex picture is morphing into a Walmart smiley face.......shit, the phone just blew up!! WTF!!!!!!!

Rockin and smokin

Billd

Upvote 0
Just stopped by my Verizon corporate store and played with the Nexus. Pic to be posted when I get home. CSA said pushed back but he's still not convinced it won't happen Friday, units in store. There was no 4G on the phone you will see in the pic. I asked about it. He said all 4G is down today. They are rolling out upgrades to the towers. Should be finished by midnight tonight.

IMAG0003.jpg

Upvote 0
FWIW my VZW retailer buddy told me he went into the system today to order some Nexus' for the store, and it said they were available but wouldn't let him order any. I'm hoping this doesn't mean that they are stopping shipments to fix whatever is wrong with the LTE radio and send out all new ones. I'm hoping it was just an error in the system. I'm hoping the LTE issues are all related to the system and not phones. I'm hoping it all means nothing. I'm hoping...I'm hoping...

Upvote 0
I have a band concert to play in now, but here's what I have to say:

To those who say that stores have been told explicitly NOT to sell on 12/9 anymore; it was essentially made internally official through the Equipment Guide that it would launch on all channels 12/9. They may have changed it to "coming soon", but as others have pointed out as well, that doesn't necessarily mean "later than 12/9" (stop being pessimistic :p)

My point is, there's no reason we couldn't see the phone launch this Friday. There have been rumors pointing to other stores delaying until next week but considering the fact that people have HELD THE PHONE in stores already, I'm still hopeful.

Reactions: KSToto
Upvote 0
I just hung up with my local Costco. I asked the lady when the Nexus would be going on sale. She said Friday morning. I then went on to ask her if she had heard anything about the delay. She said she was aware of the delay rumors, as was her manager, but they were still planning on selling the phone Friday morning.

Sounds like Verizon has yet to contact all retailers. The only question is will they get around to contacting all of them before business hours on Friday. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0
Didn't many Verizon stores report receiving GNex accessories over a month ago?

What is the record for how long accessories are sent to Verizon stores prior to the phone actually releasing?

Since some stores have already received the GNex, what is the longest that Verizon stores have had phones in stock before the phone was actually released?

Please don't tell me that Verizon never promised a release date as I have been waiting about 2 years since Verizon promised me a Nexus phone!!!

Something seems very odd to me about this whole situation.

Usually does not get phones in store until are ready to be sold. Nothing about this launch is normal though so who knows, I still think they wanted to sell on friday and am hoping it stays that way but who knows since everything is ass backwards with this launch.

Upvote 0

I must say, that would be a rather odd launch; some stores launching it unofficially :D

+1

I called a bunch of corporate stores around. 3 said they don't have it, 2 said it was Friday but got delayed. Then I called an authorized reseller hoping they would say they'll still sell it on Friday but they said they were waiting on Verizon to give them a date

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones