• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, forgive me if it was posted earlier and it should have been posted by me.

Here's to the men and women who lost their lives in Pearl Harbor and to the men and women who avenged them in the war.

My grandfather was one of the latter and one of the greatest men I've ever known. Miss you grandpa, see you soon.

Upvote 0
The Wife58 took a huge spill at work and got hurt badly yesterday. They called the ambulance.

Oh no, very sorry to hear that. Hope she'll have a full recovery and be home well before Christmas.

and worse then getting banned himself he might have his free GNEX revoked:D

I high hosey Steven's GNEX!! :D

Wow.....finally caught up after a few days. Took a nasty spill and haven't felt much like joining in. However, wanted/ needed to add my thank you to Steven. Always a gentle-man .....and much appreciated.

Oh no, you too? Feel better quick Grandma! I haven't seen you around since the early days of the thread -- don't be a stranger, eh?

I said I was a hypocrite. Just being consistent, I guess. :)

It sounds as if you bent over way backward to make things right, and it must've felt so frustrating to be left hanging. I've more than once seen you apologize in this very thread for things you didn't even do, so you're allowed to be human too. ;)

Stevens conciseness got the best of him, he felt guilty about the general direction of the forums attitude towards P3. I am not speaking for him I am just trying to convey what I think his agenda was and that was to very polite way to ask everyone to forgive P3 for his harsh personality, and not continue to bash.

It takes a lot of humility to admit his past mistakes, it's even harder to forgive someone when they don't reciprocate.

Well said Sam. A certain free Nexus is testament to the gratitude people have for all his efforts to elevate the tone here.

Upvote 0
I have been on Verizon wireless all day intermittently and that lil chat box hasn't popped up. They must be sick of us :)

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Also if the phone is truely 'delayed' and isnt set to release on the friday I hope enough (RS, independent resellers) stores screw up and release anyway that corp stores beg the higher-ups and it gets released. I could liken it to a dam where when you have some small cracks of water squirting out its not long before the whole thing collapses. In the initial morning rush all the big wigs would be doing is screwing their own corp store employees out of commission as we turn to other means to get what we want.

But again hopefully its a fully sanctioned release and it doesn't resort to such things. I have Friday off but would hate to take all morning and a tank of gas calling around and driving around trying to secure the precious.

Oh I also ordered the palm pre touchstone back cover and a touchstone base... going to mod the phone (not hardcore, just with a removable microusb tip) to be inductive. Cost me less than $20 for both parts from amazon.

Upvote 0
On another note, forgive me if it was posted earlier and it should have been posted by me.

Here's to the men and women who lost their lives in Pearl Harbor and to the men and women who avenged them in the war.

My grandfather was one of the latter and one of the greatest men I've ever known. Miss you grandpa, see you soon.

I wonder how many ppl realize it's not only 12/7 but the 70th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor!?!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Also if the phone is truely 'delayed' and isnt set to release on the friday I hope enough (RS, independent resellers) stores screw up and release anyway that corp stores beg the higher-ups and it gets released. I could liken it to a dam where when you have some small cracks of water squirting out its not long before the whole thing collapses. In the initial morning rush all the big wigs would be doing is screwing their own corp store employees out of commission as we turn to other means to get what we want.

But again hopefully its a fully sanctioned release and it doesn't resort to such things. I have Friday off but would hate to take all morning and a tank of gas calling around and driving around trying to secure the precious.

Oh I also ordered the palm pre touchstone back cover and a touchstone base... going to mod the phone (not hardcore, just with a removable microusb tip) to be inductive. Cost me less than $20 for both parts from amazon.

All I know for certain a have a cellular connection that I am a regular at, they informed me they have 3 phones and I could have one Friday morning. I mentioned the leaked delays he said as far as he knew he was still OK to sell it. He said he would call me before Friday if something changes. So if I don't get a call today...

Upvote 0
do any of you think google/samsung will actually contact us pre-launch (pre-vzw announcement?) for registering for nexus info on their sites? had completely forgotten that i had done that shortly after the original google/samsung event.

You will probably read that email on your Galaxy Nexus. ;)

Upvote 0
Finished 1 problem in 2 1/2 hours. Good thing this final isn't tomorrow, I'd be screwed. /OT

I'm starting to let myself have a little bit of hope that Friday might still happen. My rep said as of 7pm they didn't have official confirmation that the date was no longer Friday but would text me if he did get confirmation before he left work (9ish). Never got the text, so maybe JUST maybe Verizon is trying to "Third Riech" this release and was trying to stop the leaks. Bums me out to know that the phones are sitting in the back of the store with no knowledge of when I could walk out with one.

I was told by a manager that verizon DID NOT want to make much noise about the release, in his words "theyre really trying for a silent release for now". Sorry about your finals man, im in the same boat (exams next week). I was also told I could get mine friday morning by the same manager (i mentioned this a couple thousand posts back i think lol).

Even if it's only me using it to feel better about the lack of sleep I'm getting while studying, I BELIEVE I WILL GET MY NEXUS FRIDAY AT 10 :D

I'll let you all know if I do if we dont hear anything tomorrow (unlikely I know)

Reactions: Kenahng
Upvote 0
I was told by a manager that verizon DID NOT want to make much noise about the release, in his words "theyre really trying for a silent release for now". Sorry about your finals man, im in the same boat (exams next week). I was also told I could get mine friday morning by the same manager (i mentioned this a couple thousand posts back i think lol).

Even if it's only me using it to feel better about the lack of sleep I'm getting while studying, I BELIEVE I WILL GET MY NEXUS FRIDAY AT 10 :D

I'll let you all know if I do if we dont hear anything tomorrow (unlikely I know)

Haha I'm trying to study like crazy right now because I know Friday will be ruined for me if I end up getting the Nexus that morning.

Reactions: chandl90
Upvote 0
which stores do you guys think will start selling it this week? the authorized retailers? radioshack? costco? looking for ideas here

the store i spoke to was corporate... actually, both that i talked to were corporate and confirmed a friday release for me... well indirectly in one case.

Case 1:
I was told something along the lines of:
"im not a betting man, but i am the manager, and if you wanted a nexus, I would see you friday morning at 10am"
Case 2:
Me: "I was told I would be able to pick up a galaxy nexus when the store opened on friday, is this still correct?"
Rep. "Ya, I dont see why it wouldnt be."
*** I did call the Case 2 store right when they opened today, so the email may not have been read yet***

Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. I believe what I say and that friday is still on, but dont hold me to that please :)

Upvote 0
Wow, you step away for a few hours and BOOM a whole bunch of stuff happens. :eek:

First a foremost, congrats to Steven. I can't think of someone more deserving of something like this.:D:D:D I'm also glad that Mrs. 58 is feeling better.

Second, to all the members that set this up. You guys and girls are simply amazing. You are all the reason that I love this forum so much and missed it while I was gone. To the last you are all just simply awesome. :D:D

Third, congratulations to Mikey P and altimax98 on the new babies!:D:D

Fourth, Welcome back Stigy!:D:D

Fifth, 69K?!?!?!? Holy Cow! Who expected that?:eek:

Sixth, I still don't have a Nexus. :(

Seventh, I just caught up from 5 pm today and now I'm going to my coffin.,

Upvote 0
Wow, you step away for a few hours and BOOM a whole bunch of stuff happens. :eek:

First a foremost, congrats to Steven. I can't think of someone more deserving of something like this.:D:D:D I'm also glad that Mrs. 58 is feeling better.

Second, to all the members that set this up. You guys and girls are simply amazing. You are all the reason that I love this forum so much and missed it while I was gone. To the last you are all just simply awesome. :D:D

Third, congratulations to Mikey P and altimax98 on the new babies!:D:D

Fourth, Welcome back Stigy!:D:D

Fifth, 69K?!?!?!? Holy Cow! Who expected that?:eek:

Sixth, I still don't have a Nexus. :(

Seventh, I just caught up from 5 pm today and now I'm going to my coffin.,

Lol have a good sleep or whatever you call it. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones