• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with conflicting stories still coming about the phone, what are everyone's plans for tomorrow?

A) Getting to the Verizon store a couple hours early to be the first in line.
B) Showing up as the store opens.
C) Waiting to get confirmation on this forum that they are indeed selling.
D) Snuggling with a bottle of Jack Daniels until official word comes from Verizon.
E) Other, explain:__________________________

Upvote 0
So with conflicting stories still coming about the phone, what are everyone's plans for tomorrow?

D) Snuggling with a bottle of Jack Daniels until official word comes from Verizon.

Nothing really. While I want the phone hopefully it will eventually be released. After hearing about the VT situation it has reminded me that this is a phone nothing more and life and family are the most precious thing we have and can be taken away from us at any moment!!

Reactions: KSToto
Upvote 0

Im going with Option D. Ohh who am I kidding. Ill be right here for any first sign of a sale. So option C for me.

Upvote 0
Even Kellex is trying to help us out:

Tip: How to Make Your Wait for the Galaxy Nexus Easier

nexus-fix-og-650x342.jpg

Reactions: Shibby513
Upvote 0
SAMSUNG PULL NEXUS FROM SAMSUNG EXPERIENCE SHOP

Samsung Yanks Galaxy Nexus From Columbus Circle Shop - NYConvergence.com

December 8, 2011 at 3:04 pm
Image via Wikipedia

One of the season’s most eagerly anticipated phones, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, made an unannounced debut and was just as quietly pulled off the shelves a day later. The phone was on display at Samsung ‘s Experience shop in Columbus Circle over the past weekend but was gone on Monday. Store employees told Digital Trends that the decision to remove the phone “came straight from the top.”
Digital Trends writes that everything about the phone’s U.S. debut has been odd. The name keeps changing, its unveiling was moved to Hong Kong instead of San Diego. On top of that, there is no Droid branding and Google and Samsung haven’t named Verizon as the U.S. carrier. And Verizon is keeping mum.

Upvote 0

Going to wait for reports, since I am in AZ the East coast will give me my news. Then, no matter what the news is, I am going to contact peeps at the couple of stores I have been talking to and ask if they can sell me the Nexus now!!

Upvote 0

Going with option E). Working for 6 hours, then heading to my friend's college graduation. Then off to enjoy the weekend. Simple as that.

Upvote 0

E) Other, explain:_____Return ReZound______

Upvote 0
I need to navigate away from this forum once and a while. Didn't hear about that till now.

I actually don't watch the news and use satellite radio so this is where most of my world news comes from. Thanks for keeping me informed everyone. My family thinks I've started paying attention to the outside world....i'm not telling them I get it here.

My prayers go out to the families in distress and all involved.

Upvote 0

other: wait until my insider tells me

Upvote 0

I am going with E: Call my corp store at 9am tomorrow to confirm that its not for sale.

Upvote 0
I just remembered a dream I had last night ... I was in a store and heard that they had Galaxy Nexus accessories. (But not the phone itself.) I went and found a car dock that looked pretty cool, but after I opened it I was really disappointed. It was this weird, folding monstrosity that fit over the center console or something, and it was clearly too big for my car.

After I woke up I remembered the pictures we've seen of the real car dock, which is sleek and streamlined, and felt an enormous sense of relief.

I'm a little worried about what this says about me ... that I would be dreaming not about the Nexus, about about Nexus accessories.
What I find strange, and intriguing is that in both yours and mine, the objects were bigger than they actually are in reality, also the notable disappointment both of us experienced. I think that just speaks volumes about how anxious all of us have become surrounding this device... Thnx Verizon, thnx a lot!:mad:

Upvote 0
Hazlet NJ

Spoke to store manager and she said it delayed for the 2nd time( she had big grin on her face, almost giggling). asked if she has them in the back and she said no but still smiling and giggling. asked about accessories or demo and yes to both but i could not see them.

as i was about to walk out i asked another sales person about it and he said it will be out tomorrow.

so I'm guessing she has them and knows more then she is telling me.

Update:
just went to costco and she said they were set for tomorrow then got an email that release is delayed till the 14th @ the latest, so kinda a day to day type of plan.

she also said the combo pack they sell would come with car cord, screen protector and leather case. it may also come with a free mail in offer for a desk or car dock. they do have 6 in the back and they don't even have access to look at them only the store management.

the hazlet store on 35 and the costco on 36? those are my two possible purchase locations.

Reactions: K-West
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones