1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Millinium

Millinium Well-Known Member

Like everyone says if you keep waiting you will be waiting forever. You have to figure out what you want and what you are willing to live with and then choose the phone that best suits you. There will always be a better phone right around the corner....and if you are with Verizon who knows how long that corner really is. Just be thankful they are getting a pure Vanilla device (which is in itself a miracle.

Advertisement

cusjs and Nashdroid like this.
  2. 92hatchattack

92hatchattack Well-Known Member

I dont know why they would put this out for ATT without LTE. This ticks me off. Does AT&T have LTE up right now? Not really... But in 6 months im gonna bet it will be in my area.... and then I'd be stuck for another 18 months before an upgrade to an LTE device. That blows.

3. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Android Expert

I also would like to see how ics is. I think the sgs2 will satisfy my needs if I don't care too much about getting any updates

4. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Android Enthusiast

All I know is that I will have the single greatest phone Verizon has to offer! Look ma, I am king of the world! (for the next eight minutes anyway)

UBRocked, Namrak and rhietpas like this.
  5. Rightontime

Rightontime Member

Honestly I'll probably end up on Cyanogen mod when it goes on ICS so it probably wouldn't make any difference but I'd still prefer this phone over the GSII.

6. iSyntac

iSyntac Member

Well put sir. There's always going to be another phone on the horizon with seemingly better specs, so basing ones decision solely on what processor or gpu a phone has is very much a losing game. The Prime is gonna be great, whether it ends up with the omap or exynos. Would it have been nice to have the best of the best when it came to phone internals? Absolutely. But to make a 1.5GHz Dual Core and older GPU deal-breakers?? Where's the sense in that??

7. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

Maybe the old Exynos had some issue with LTE but apparently Sammy got that worked out for Galaxy Note with 1.4Ghz Exynos/LTE. They even managed to pair Tegra2 with LTE in Tab 10.1 way ahead of Xoom. Nvidia stated there is nothing to prevent Tegra2 work with LTE radios. I think it's pretty safe to assume that the new 32nm Exynos sampling now is probably going to work well with LTE as well.

8. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Android Expert

well right now I have love hate with cm 7. It doesn't work all the time for me get some force closes . Well I lime prime more also but don't know if I can wait till spring when it will be an four or five month old phone

9. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Android Enthusiast

I just think after post #6000, it will end up being a linear relationship. I'm doubting we can beat 1k posts in 24 hours, but who knows. And out of curiosity I took a look at the Incredible thread for comparison, and was BLOWN AWAY that there were almost 40k posts! I wonder how that model looks...

Hopefully we WONT have 40k posts by the time the NP is released!

10. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Android Expert

Amen.

11. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

That is pretty hilarious. Surprised it's coming from those iSheep at TIMN :p

12. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

At this point, I'm beginning to worry about size of this thread. Just hope data server at AF has enough capacity to handle this much traffic/data. Anyone from Function, Stratosphere forum would remember that forum/thread loss disaster when a mod tried to merge two forums. And there was no backup to recover from that. Hope that doesn't happen again.

cusjs and The_Chief like this.
  13. nkk

nkk Android Expert

Hey...you might be right. But I have to defend my right to babble on about statistical modeling. If I don't, I fear that I will have little else to say. :p

-Nkk

burntorangefan likes this.
  14. nkk

nkk Android Expert

You have to remember the DINC was supposed to be announced through 3 or so trade shows, so each show got the posting boost we got from CTIA in this thread. Also, since the shows were fairly close, the rate kept up in between those shows so it was not like three boosts; it was one long continuous boost.

As to being linear after 6k, probably, We might make small improvements, but I doubt we will reach the 70k my graph says we should by the 27th.

Nkk

EDIT: Sorry, Chief. I can't stop.... :)

15. jaydotelloh

You could always talk about which processor is better and how you wont buy it unless it has a octo-core 64ghz processor...:p

16. @black_man_x The Panda King
    On the real... Vzw device is nice.. But the real beast is coming on att.. Expect greatness in the 1st qrt of 2012..
    If this was already posted I apologize. Seems verizon is getting another watered down phone.

17. Mate01

Mate01 Member

I can't believe all the talk about this phone. It needs to come out NOW!

18. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Agreed. Thanks vz_wired and any other source info to this point.

Now...

...when in the name of all things holy is this thing gonna drop? :D

Nashdroid and Sandroidfan like this.
  19. gilgehmesh

gilgehmesh Well-Known Member

Hmmm... unless black_man_x is yanking us around (which maybe, who knows), it looks like he's saying there really is another version for other carriers with perhaps superior specs to come later (GSM Arena specs?) Also, is he saying that Verizon's version is not a Nexus or is he saying that the other carriers' versions are not Nexus? I'm confused. :thinking:

20. jaydotelloh

I hope not, I'm already struggling to keep up with the thread at work. October will turn out to be one of my least productive months...:eek:

21. nkk

nkk Android Expert

Wait...are you implying that it WON'T have 8 cores? Or that it won't by 64GHz? I may have to seriously reevaluate my choice of phones...

Nkk

EDIT: Also, for the model, it has inherent error due to the fact that my graphs are posted in the thread being evaluated. Not that I think that error is really appreciable, but if we are going to point out errors in modelling, that is a rather large design error.

22. I'm going to say the verizon version wont be a true nexus and will just essentially be something to get ics out to the masses with. I think the phone he is talking to will be the true nexus. I could be wrong but with verizon and their history I could see it being that way.

gilgehmesh likes this.
  23. kastleberg

kastleberg Android Enthusiast

Anyone else feeling tomorrow bringing invites for Tuesday's Hong Kong event?

24. nkk

nkk Android Expert

My only problem with the VZW phone not being a Nexus is that it means the first phone with ICS will not be a Nexus, and that seems to be hard to believe.

We on VZW have to accept that:
    1 The phone is a Nexus and will come out soon (YAY)
    OR
    2 The phone will come out soon, but will not be a Nexus and thus (at least by my logic) will not have ICS
    OR
    3 We wait until the rest of the world gets a Nexus, and then we get something that may or may not be Vanilla but will be ICS

-Nkk

25. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast

My thoughts exactly. With all the hype we've been getting from sources, I think option 1 is the most likely. I sure hope so.