1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. nexus15

nexus15 Member
    None

Oct 14, 2011
    Quoting you but this is directed at anyone this applies to.
    If you get a phone tomorrow PLEASE PLEASE photograph the phone on (live) and your receipt (not blurry) [preferably in the same image file] this will be instrumental to the rest of us attempting to get a phone tomorrow if we have some evidence to show while we are saying:
    'come on, other people around the country are already getting theirs. Your other [radioshack/costco/corp store/whatever] stores in [city,state] has already jumped the gun.'

Advertisement

escobar0o3 and Tytan like this.
  2. Yadao

Yadao Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    So if you show a random girl a picture of a baby, she'll let you make one with her?

Not the best example, but it's still not likely gonna happen. :p

3. OptimusNexus

OptimusNexus Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    Ugh I hope 3rd party messes this up and Verizon gets whats coming to them. This has just been nuts.

escobar0o3 likes this.
  4. cdavis

cdavis Newbie
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    So it's been a little since I posted on this thread, but I do have to say I am quite proud that we not only managed to pass the DInc thread which was never thought possible, but we killed it. Now just have to see if we can double it. (We aren't to far off considering the number of posts in this single thread related to one phone.) Anyways goodnight all.

5. AcousticRx

AcousticRx Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    I'm sure im ninjad pointing this out, but xyboard is now available, but no SGN. So that rules LTE being the reason. :p

6. TheStapher7

TheStapher7 Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2011
    Just got thanked by the site and it's only like my 5th post! :eek:
    What a great feeling you guys are THE best! :D
    But the credit belongs to MacroPlanet, I just referred his tip in.
    Time to get some sleep though, hoping for some good news when I wake up.
    Goodnight all and Good Morning the rest!

7. Major54

Major54 Newbie
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    Retired
    Panama City, Florida
    Sorry if this has already been covered but this thread moves so fast. Has it been pretty much established that some stock of GN's are or have already been returned to HQ? If so, I see no positives in that no matter how optimistic one is.

The best case scenario for returns to HQ would be to have the rom reflashed. In a scenario like that, it could be either good (Google Wallet - yes it will work on a GN) or bad (VZW wins a concession and gets more carrier customization ie apps or the bootloader).

Worst case scenario would be a cancellation obviously and as bad as that sounds, there are no conspiracy theories, just basic economics. For example if VZW legal teams feel there is a good case for them being found in violation of C-block spectrum licenses, the 150 million or so (that figure is pure speculation based on 150,000 units ordered) would be relatively minor compared to the fines and any civil litigation resultant.

I'm sorry but Google is no more angelic than VZW. Wait until the 11th hour and say um, yeah, about that Wallet thing you "asked" us not to include? I know, I know, this all sounds like a deliberate downer but at some point we have to be realistic.

The driving force(s) behind when (or in a worst case "if") the unit is released is definitely not the relatively small market segement that is chomping at the bits to see it released (that would be us). Verizon has never courted the knowledgeable customer. Takes a lot less tech and less skilled sales promotions to satisfy those that are enticed by exotic television commercials.

Don't get me wrong, I would throw 7 fits of rage were it to happen. At some point though, we have to without resignation acknowledge that there are enough tangible factors to be considered in this whole fiasco that these delays and if true, returning of units to HQ, may mean that the folks that this Nexus means the most too are simply not factored in high enough on the list of priorities to make a difference at this point.

But it didn't stop me from buying 2 cases and order an extended battery just to make me feel better today. :p

chankyu92 likes this.
  8. escobar0o3

escobar0o3 Member
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    Did anyone notice that if you go to vzw.com/galaxynexus now, you get the websites template now instead of a blank page like an hour ago..?

whiskeycoke and TheStapher7 like this.
  9. AcousticRx

None

Oct 23, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    No stock is being returned to anyone's knowledge major ...lets hope not!

10. homegeek

homegeek Well-Known Member
    None

May 28, 2010
    Supervisor of an IT Helpdesk
    Chicago, IL
    I guess I will not have to worry about deciding which store to stop by on the way home from work tomorrow morning.

11. Yadao

Yadao Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    No it's the same, that's what they meant by blank page.

12. Major54

Major54 Newbie
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    Retired
    Panama City, Florida
    Thanks Acoustic! :) Sorry to sound so damned analytical but after 27 years of dealing in corporate arbitration cases, the inner geek does get over-run by hypotheticals from time to time...

13. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    Spring, TX
    Http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=Samsung Nexus
    So you are taken to the above link now instead of the email sign up page when you enter vzw.com/galaxynexus Its blank but still has the Verizon navigation bar at the top. Wow! Could today still be the day?!? I've been asleep so maybe I got ninja'd. Too excited to care! Lol

14. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Reason for the delay: Verizon has decided to rename this phone: The Galaxy Chaos!!

15. JRowMe

JRowMe Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    WiiWant, coach26, efApple and 4 others like this.
  16. Member112085

Member112085 Guest
    None
    I can't even imagine how bad it must suck to be a Verizon CSR right now. In our frenzy for this phone, I think we've forgotten the other victims of this debaucle - the CSRs that Verizon has basically thrown to the wolves (us) to bear the brunt of the abuse for their poor handling of this release.

Mr. Link and CinLou like this.
  17. AcousticRx

None

Oct 23, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Naw man. Verizon is turning us all manic in here. I mean the stingin xyboard just released

18. 49er

49er Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2011
    Who's getting A NEXUS TODAAAAAAY!!!!!! (OPRAH VOICE). :D:D

Jon Nale and johnnybirdman like this.
  19. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Well... in general I think people who act abusively are responsible for their own abusive behavior. But yeah, I sympathize with service workers who have to face frustrated customers.

Member112085 likes this.
  20. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm sorry, but I see this statement repeated often 'the phones are in the stores'. Let me repeat this for the fourth time, as of yesterday afternoon I could not find one VZW Corporate, non-corporate, RS or Costco on Long Island that had the phone in stock, not one. This probably reflects a total of 14 different locations that I either called or visited.

So please folks, don't assume that 'phones are in ALL stores', they are not. I can't make that any clearer.

21. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    Good Morning GNexers! Still have to catch up on about 500 posts(!), but I will post here and then go back and finish. I drove by my corporate store on the way to work this morning, because based on original schedule, ad material was supposed to go up last night. No dice. That pretty much kills any regular launch theories for me. I don't have a reseller store near me, so that was MY only shot of getting one today. Good luck to the rest of you, I hope as many as possible are able to stick it to the man and get their GNex today!

22. nkk

nkk Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2010
    You could have made it clearer. I took that liberty. :p

I do agree with you a little. Although I think it is foolhardy to assume that all stores have it, I think it has been shown that there exist a finite, nonzero number of stores who have taken receipt of a nexus shipment. And, because some stores have it, it is reasonable to assume that in the near future and given there are no plan changes, all stores should have it.

-Nkk

cusjs likes this.
  23. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 4, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer
    Rhode Island
    Morning all..... Hopefully we get the news we have been. Waiting for today

24. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Male
    1st-grade Teacher & Adjunct Professor
    Queensbury, NY
    Good morning, all. Obviously, I don't feel good about a launch today, but here's to at least one of us getting our hands on this baby... Or at least some official news for crying out loud. :)

49er likes this.
  25. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Ive posted this before, but the sales guy at a beautiful new VZW non-corporate store seems to me to be the guy who is most credible to me. He was pretty adamant and very sincere when he told me his close friend, that works at Google, told him it was pushed back to January. I've seen nothing that would make me believe otherwise.

After all, we're only about 3 weeks away from 2012. But I must confess, I'm still amazed at how many guys still really think it's today. Talk about gluttons for punishment! :)

Tags: