• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the curve today just before the phone was ripped from my hands by those horrible.............I mean........ummmmm..........yea the curve.

Seriously though the curve is very subtle and you don't notice it at first. If you start to think about how perfectly the phone is fitting into your hand though you start to remember the curve is there. It is just about perfect, IMHO.

I'm gonna +1 this because when I played with one last night I actually forgot about it and didn't even notice the curve.

Reactions: landolakes
Upvote 0
Is it possible to change your username on here? If so, how? (I have been a long time reader/lurker, newbie poster)

Phases said:
Username Changes: We will take username change requests on a case-by-case basis. We may or may not allow it - depending. Up till now we have allowed all requests. However if you choose to request it - please make sure you know what you want. To have it changed a second time will take some extra convincing on your part. This is not something we particularly love to do. If you would like your username changed, PM me.
from the site rules and guidelines:http://androidforums.com/introductions/704-site-rules-guidelines.html

Reactions: NEXUSorBUST
Upvote 0
I hope it's not the 15th. I have an all day 9-10 hour manager meeting, which starts before stores open, and I can not leave the building until it is done with. The Nexus will be sold out by the time I can get to a store at 5:30 pm. Bad news today, bad news for the 15th, for me :(

I have a mtg 3hrs away the same day...what i did was put a deposit, $200, down so they would hold it for me...it's from a premium retailer and not a corp location

Upvote 0
I remember what felt like a week or so ago, when I hit the 35kth post, I was thinking how crazy this all was. Now we are rounding 40k more than that. You guys (and I) are absolutely mentally ill, crazy and nutz. :p

images

:D

Upvote 0
I have a mtg 3hrs away the same day...what i did was put a deposit, $200, down so they would hold it for me...it's from a premium retailer and not a corp location

Yeah, I have a premium retailer that said they would hold one for me, and two Verizon stores. But I have a feeling that if it comes down to them selling out in a few hours and have just one left (mine that is held) they would sell it rather than hold on to it.

I might try the deposit thing like you did. Worse that happens is they sell it and refund my $200 :mad:

Upvote 0
Been at work all day, can anyone give me the readers digest condensed version (dating myself aren't I?) of whats happened today?

SamMax got a nexus at costco. had it activated, had it home, then got called by the store to return it.

OfTheDamned and Cincy both had one in their hands and activated at BestBuy, but the transaction could not be completed as the UPC was not in their system

Anon (SecretSanta) got one from a VZ reseller, is still posting pics and info through OTD.

Others have confirmed RadioShack has tried to sell them one, only to be blocked at activation, or because of the same missing UPC issue as BestBuy.

Newest rumored release, 12-11, 12-12, or 12-15.

I think that's all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones