1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. rooktdphi

rooktdphi Member

xbox?

Advertisement

2. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

No, fell through. I called to find out if they'd be able to check me out, and they looked it up in the computer, and they can't. They're holding it for me and will call me tomorrow when they check again.

I'm not holding my breath, though. :(

scottg96 and CinLou like this.
  3. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member

I got a couple cases from a corporate store near me, Bolingbrook, IL. I wish they did have the Otterbox cases in though. Glad to hear they are making them!

4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Thanks! And welcome

Where's mine? :D

5. ebe3692

ebe3692 Well-Known Member

anyone have info on stock in the chicago area?
    (other than the one unit with Han's name on it in west dundee)

6. JustNexus

JustNexus Well-Known Member

Keep tweeting guys. Tweet BGR tweet everyone. Try to start the talk. Flood everyone who works with verizon.

7. nvitone23

nvitone23 Well-Known Member

If anyone has even got to play with the GN in New Jersey, can they please let me know? I haven't even seen the damn thing and some people are buying them haha

bisbers and BabyBlues like this.
  8. Gadgetblurb

Gadgetblurb Newbie

Greetings all!

It has been quite the rollercoaster, I cannot believe how inept Verizon has handled the communications of this device. Back in mid-November, I posted that we wouldn't see the device out the next week (November 24th). Post. The rationale I had was that I hadn't heard from my communications rep, and I always do prior to a launch by at least a week. I run a blog (a small one) that reviews Verizon devices, among other gadgets. The way marketing at Verizon works is the devices first get sent to the big blogs (engadget, gizmodo, cnet, BGR, etc.) Then they get sent to the smaller blogs like mine. While I try not to deal in absolutes, it is highly likely that once you see the the aforementioned blogs come out with their reviews for the Verizon GNex, you will then see the launch. This hasn't happened yet and I would speculate that until these guys get their review devices, you will not see the GNex officially for sale.

I unfortunately have no info on why the device was delayed or when it is being released. My marketing contacts still have no clue. But I can tell you I always get a review device, at least one day prior to launch. Even during the Thunderbolt debacle, I got my test device the day before. This is a whole new level of secrecy.

All this being said, when engadget, gizmodo and the like start coming out with their reviews, you know the release is imminent. Of course, nothing would surprise me on this release. I do however take some pause with this potential indicator, as the phone was to be released today and seemed get pulled on Wednesday with no reviews out. So, who the heck knows what Verizon is thinking here.

9. NCWoodworker

NCWoodworker Newbie

OT

UNCCharlotte just won their semi-final soccer game to go to the NCAA College Cup Champion game! Go 49ers!

IgnatiusXIX and speedyneon like this.
  10. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Someone asked me earlier if I thought the screen on the Gnex was better than the Rezound. I think it’s close, but Gnex has better colors, in my opinion. They pop a bit more.

11. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Ugh. Friends are coming over. Dinner is canceled.

This night just keeps getting better and better.

12. CinLou

CinLou Well-Known Member

Geez.. Sorry Han...have a drink...tomorrow's another day.

13. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

yes

14. harveyklinger

harveyklinger Newbie

Premium1 likes this.
  15. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

Remember how euphoric back before the poop hit the fan and the 9th got pulled? Those were the days.

Les NexMan likes this.
  16. F150FAN

I am from the far southwest suburbs, kinda, and I have not gotten any confirmation at all. Although I had a third party retailer near me say that today was definitely the day but Verizon had pushed it back to the 15th. I heard today pretty much what everyone else has heard. I will try in the morning and see what I can find out.

17. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Android Expert

Grrr... Starting to look into other options :(
    Tweeted verizon and moto about unlocking the razr bootloader. If they did, I would walk from the nexus. Seriously. :(

If its an ISIS and Google wallet problems, thats a bunch of noise as I don't care about either of those.

18. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

I am no twitter expert. I dont tweet much, but I follow a bunch of folks and organizations and I use it for my main mews/interests feed. I never use RSS feeds anymore. When the natural disasters happen where ever, you can get immediate tweets from people on the ground and news. It really is amazing.

Trends
    from the home screen, look at the right side. There are the trends. You can change where you want to see trends from. Worldwide, USA, Major cities, etc. Poke around and find this.

Most trends come from Hashtags. Those are the words that look like this #vzwnexusfail. Or #earthquake or #whatever. When you see a hashtag that interests you, click on it and it will do a search for that #hashtag. Then you can see what everybody is #hashtagging about. That's all I know about hashtags.

This is one of my tweets.

@VerizonWireless @VZWnews #GalaxyNexus is #OnMyWishList it could help me #WinBig Should have gotten it on #Fridayyy but got #vzwNexusFAIL

Ofcourse the @ is directing the message to a specific user. These are known "addresses" or you can name search and find their twitter name. In this one, I sent it to @VerizonWireless and @VZWnews. I hashtagged #GalaxyNexus and the rest. I got the weird looking #'s from the current top trending in the USA. When I did this, my tweet showed up in those top trends. This is the message to you. Include top trending hashtags in your tweet and many others will see it. Someone will see it and be interested, they will click it to see what is going on with those other hashtags. They may re-tweet to all their followers. Thats how you recruit others to your "cause", "fun" or your attempt to trend.

That's all I know and how I use it.

19. altimax98

altimax98 Android Enthusiast

Guys this is going bad.. here is my personal confession:

Ever since last week, i have been in a really bad slump. I have been down and out recently. Dont do much of anything except monitor the forum, sleep, eat and work. I feel ive fallen into a depression, all because of stupid corporate greed. I cant believe they keep delaying it because of the GWallet-Gate Scandal (<-- yes im coining that phrase ;) ) I fear i may do something drastic (think ending of 'Office Space' or second half of 'The Shining') Verizon, i plead and beg, please release this phone so i can get happy again and enjoy my life...

-Yours forever
    Daniel

ASC, BabyBlues and lickwidravr like this.
  20. callmeox

callmeox Android Enthusiast

I woke up this morning with a bad hangover and my Nexus was missing again. This happens all the time; it's detachable. This comes in handy a lot of the time; I can leave it home when it think it's gonna get me in trouble, or I can rent it out when I don't need it. But now and then I go to a party, get drunk, and the next morning, I can't, for the life of me, remember what I did with it. First I looked around my apartment, and I couldn't find it , so I called up the place where the party was, they hadn't seen it either. I asked them to check the medicine cabinet, 'cause for some reason, I leave it there sometimes, but not this time. So I told them if it pops up to let me know. I called a few people who were at the party, but they were no help either.

I was starting to get desperate I really don't like being without my Nexus for too long, It makes me feel like less of a man, and I really hate having to sit down every time I take a leak.

After a few hours of searching the house, and calling everyone I could think of, I was starting to get very depressed, so I went to the Kiev and ate breakfast. Then as I walked down Second Avenue, toward St. Mark's Place, where all those people sell used books and other junk on the street, I saw my Nexus lying on a blanket next to a broken toaster oven-some guy was selling it! I had to buy it off him. He wanted 22 bucks, but I talked him down to 17. I took it home, washed it off, and put it back on. I was happy again: complete. People sometimes tell me I should get it permanently attached, but I don't know. Even though sometimes it's a pain in the butt, I like having a detachable Nexus.

Ninjak, Khatmandu, SPLover and 12 others like this.
  21. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert

I've yet to call or visit a VZW Corporate or non-corporate, BB, RS or Costco that had the phone in stock. It looks like much of NY is left out of the equation. This is very reminiscent of their FIOS TV service where almost every area of the country got an upgrade but the NY area.

22. mitchg53

mitchg53 Newbie

hahaha...that's my old neighborhood. I grew up in yorktown-mahopac.

23. F150FAN

One thing that I found out today while cruising around the Android Market, I came across a Verizon app for their accessories. I decided to download it and see how well it worked. The app will automatically determine your phone and find accessories accordingly. You can however change your device. The Galaxy Nexus is a choice in the app to use to search for accessories for. It will find pretty much what the website does when you search there. Just an interesting find that I thought I would share.

Congrats to those who were able to actually pick up a Nexus today!

24. dizzll

dizzll Newbie

Well my sister just had a baby boy! Gratz to her, but I feel bad... She works for Verizon and I had to ask lmao... She rolled her eyes thru the phone and begrudingly said her store was told 16th. Also added no one really knows why... She works in Seattle, WA in case anyone cares....:cool:

Khatmandu, EarlyMon, crt134 and 4 others like this.
  25. F150FAN

I thought that was King Missile. I have not heard that in a really long time. :)