• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats got the matte look to it too right? Not the the "shiny" look?
These are from summer 2010 surely they have changed their packaging and product line, but the one on the left in yellow was the one back then. It killed screens clarity though, but it would not smudge no matter what you did to it with your own body oil!

4043ef2e.jpg

f8b683fc.jpg

Upvote 0
Okay so I just called one RadioShack and they've said they had trouble ringing up the galaxy nexus yesterday but have them in stock. A sales rep just told me it might go on sale today or maybe tomorrow, this is of course just at this specific radioshack but I am a little skeptical. The rep said he would save the last 1 in stock today for me but I don't know how they have only 1 left. I think that would mean they sold the others yesterday even though there was trouble ringing it up?

2 people I have seen now got them at Radio Shack yesterday. Only was is if the Manager will let you take it by leaving a copy of your DL and Credit Card number so they can charge it when they go live in their system. If you can get them to do it you can snag it today.

Reactions: 1Time
Upvote 0
Wasn't there someone just a few minutes ago who was being rung up at the Radio Shack? What happened to that?

I just called a few in my area, and the only one that was forthcoming said that they received emails early this morning telling them to put all stock inside a cage, lock them up, and ignore them until Verizon gives a release date.

Frakking nazi's.

Pretty much what I've been told. But the big change for me was at least finally finding a couple of retailers that actually had the damn thing in stock! One said I could come down to check out the mock up. Even that they weren't allowed to put out!

The whole thing is actually hysterical. You'd think these were plans for a nuclear bomb. :eek:

Upvote 0
So for some of you who may not know, I currently have no phone at all- Imagine how bad I am waiting for the GN! To those who are talking about the phone possibly being canceled- get your mind out of the gutter!!

I'm in the same situation :( fortunately for me I got an ipod so I can at least make calls on wifi, I don't like to promote i-devices except for the ipod! :D

Upvote 0
2 people I have seen now got them at Radio Shack yesterday. Only was is if the Manager will let you take it by leaving a copy of your DL and Credit Card number so they can charge it when they go live in their system. If you can get them to do it you can snag it today.

I can't imagine a store doing business like this in this day and age. Very surprising.

Upvote 0
I've actually heard all the GN ESN's themselves have been blocked in the system. There is no way to activate them for now. (according to my local radioshack manager)

we know that cant be true(unless it happened late last night or this morning), as at least 2 people have them and one took one back after getting it, all of which were activated

Upvote 0
Well the guy at the Radio Shack from last night called me again this morning and told me that the first reserved guy told him to forget it, he'd get it at Best Buy when it came out, so I could have my name first now.

I asked him about the leaving my DL and CC info with him and just activating it, and he said no, they couldn't do that because I wouldn't get a receipt and that would be breaking the rules. I said "Yeah, that's what I figured" and told him about two other radio shacks doing it, and he said that they weren't supposed to do that.

Oh well. He'll still call me when it becomes available, and I said okay, but I'll probably just end up getting it in the city whenever Verizon decides to grow a brain.

This will be my last phone with those idiots.

Upvote 0
There was a Bobby Flay's Burger at the Bergen Mall!?! in Hackensack? if not then I have no idea which area of NJ it's in.

Although this is moving the price scale a bit.... Daniel Boulud makes an amazing burger and is well worth the splurge:

THE ORIGINAL db BURGER
Sirloin Burger Filled with Braised Short Ribs
Foie Gras and Black Truffle, Served on a Parmesan Bun
Pommes FritesorPommes Souffl

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones