1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Highland Park, IL
    That one guy did report that we would see a ton of marketing/advertising for this starting this week (presumably Monday) for a release on the 15th... who knows at this point, though.

Advertisement

2. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Male
    Computer Home Theater Repair Installation
    IN
    So...I noticed the Best Buy reports today and decided to call my local Best Buy to see if (for some crazy reason) they were given the go ahead on an early release. So I called before I went there I asked for the mobile manger he was busy so I spoke with with another employee. I ask the rep if the Nexus launched yet and he looked it up in his computer and tells me it launched today, I asked if he was certain because it was about a 2 hour trip, he places me on hold for a few minutes and then says YES it released today I also checked the upc.

So I frantically drive all the way over there and that rep had already went home for the day, the rep that was there said yep it launched today did you want one, of course! We went through the process and got to the payment part, and the sku wouldn't scan it wasn't in there system. (hmm D

bradm77 and scottg96 like this.
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Female
    Masquerading as a responsible adult
    Jersey - born & bred
    yes. and i refuse to update from the market

no sorries needed. I knew it my quote

I love dolphin for viewing of social media. not that I use it much lately. This forum has become my go to for entertainment and social interaction online. :D

CinLou and EarlyMon like this.
  4. Eastonl

Eastonl Newbie
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    The 15th is a rumor, so why would you believe that anymore than the rumor it will be after the 15th. THEY ARE ALL RUMORS.

Yadao likes this.
  5. VJKotts

VJKotts Member
    None

Turned on the TV and started watching football. I caught the "DROID RAZR play by Motorola" Ugh.

6. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Clemson, SC
    i was about to post this pic again any way, thanks for the intro. :D

[​IMG]

everything circled was done by the rep, AFTER he activated my razr. he also confirmed that i had until Jan 15 by word of mouth.

scottg96 and Kengh like this.
  7. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Android Expert
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    Classy-man
    USA
    I saw some Ohioans got some response with the 100$ coupon so I decided to chat up a CSR about it to no avail. She said it wasn't an online offer and to call customer care.

Verizon has the worst internal communication I've ever seen. How can some employees know about the discount but some don't? :mad:
    It's $100, that's a lot of money! If not for info from Phandroid, (and maybe in spite of the info) I'd spend 50% more.

Sigh. I didn't even bother asking about the Nexus, btw. I just feel sorry for the CSRs on that front.

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    The difference in results between the 9th having been a shot in the dark and it being a known internal date that leaked appears to be too small to measure.

Each date brings a new hope, and is always completely valid - until they change it. ;) :)

zx10droid likes this.
  9. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Washington, DC
    I just hoped that when Verizon figured out people's plans to rent Razrs and Rezounds that they didn't make it their agenda to intentionally push the nexus past the holiday return date. Thus trapping anyone who thought they were being clever into either giving up on the nexus, or paying full retail for it.

scottg96 and atrain311 like this.
  10. bcltoys

bcltoys Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Male
    Marine tech
    Maryland
    This is how I see this week going Thursday morning there will be another 4G outage and you all know the rest of the story.

11. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia

12. 1Time

1Time Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011

The Nexus is only $200!?! Or did you have your own ne2 discount or the $100 rebate upgrade?

13. darejer

darejer Android Expert
    None

Nov 1, 2011
    SoCAL
    Drexel, I don't think that anyone would argue with your logic. It is simply that this roller coaster has been anything but logical. Will VZW do what any company with any kind of intelligence would do? 50/50

spaceynyc, BabyBlues and EarlyMon like this.
  14. juicehead9

juicehead9 Newbie
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    GVILLE SC
    I have a razr right now going to exchange for nexus, if it had an unlocked boot loader it would rock! Just saying....

15. timetoroot

timetoroot Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Ohio
    My excitement for this phone has been diminishing a little due to all of the delays making it feel like the elusive unicorn that will never arrive. But then I held a display unit at Best Buy today for the first time and my excitement has once again been restored! It is fantastic! The rep said I was the fifth person today who asked about the release. I was saying how ridiculous these delays have become and he said he has noticed such delays often occur with the phones that the most people want. His theory is that the carriers want the phone they think will sell the most to be as bug free as possible upon release. He mentioned such delays with the iPhone and Evo as well. He said with phones like the Rezound and Razr they just push out because they will only have moderate sales and bugs can be handled OTA. Before I left I had to go over one more time to fondle the GNex. Massive eye roll from the girlfriend!

16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Almost all of our rumors have been credible - until they failed to materialize.

Thinking rationally and using trust are sometimes mutually exclusive.

That's something to think about, right there. ;)

17. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member
    None

May 23, 2010
    SE Pa

I have been to 2 BJs and neither allow you to just walk in, you MUST be a member and have to show your card to get in the door at both places. First time I was there I wanted to look around before I joined and they wouldn't even let me do that. Different stores might have different policies though.

18. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia
    INCEPTION! :p

19. Yadao

Yadao Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Have we heard anything from the sources yet? Seems like we usually do by now after taking some bad news.

20. gapi

gapi Android Expert
    None

Well after hearing of a discount coupon I went for it in chat. No Go.......

Here you go........

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience. You are now chatting with 'Owen'
    Owen: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
    allen: I have a motorola droid and am looking to upgrade to a 4G phone. I understand there are coupons that can be applied to my account for said? I was looking for it.
    Owen: I'd be happy to assist you.
    Owen: When you have an upgrade, if you click 'upgrade device' on your line, the prices listed next to the phones would reflect your discount amount.
    Owen: Did you have a specific phone in mind?
    allen: I keep hearing of a Galaxy Nexsus but never see it. Are there coupons?
    Owen: There aren't specifically coupons, the system would automatically apply discounts for upgrades when you have one available and use it.
    Owen: I don't have any current information on the Nexus, sadly.
    allen: OK. Perhaps the $100.00 coupon I heard of is for new accounts or a specific phone?
    allen: OK. Perhaps the $100.00 coupon I heard of is for new accounts or a specific phone?
    Owen: That sounds like it is within the range I have seen for various phones for various customers.
    Owen: The exact amount of the upgrade discount varies by phone and customer.
    allen: I already have a $50.00 discount available, is there a way to add to it?
    Owen: Was this the amount you get with an upgrade, just to clarify?
    allen: Yes, my contract is up 1/1/2011. So I'm shopping phones, plans and providers looking for the best incentive.
    Owen: Okay, I see! Did you want any help selecting a 4G phone to see which you'd get at the lowest price?
    allen: Well, I hear its best to wait and see what the Galaxy Nexsus is like and how much it costs. so I am browsing ahead.
    Owen: I see. I wish I had some more information on that in advance, but I don't.
    allen: OK, the main reason I am hear is I heard of a $100.00 coupon that could possibly be sent to me but I guess the rumor is false.
    Owen: Yes, that's likely just something that got churned out without necessarily being correct.
    Owen: While I had you on this chat, have you heard about our Home Phone Connect device, which could save you money on landline service?
    allen: I have a Comcast land line in my cable plan that would have ill effects if I killed it but thanks. I would like an extender as I do qualify but they are high dollar.
    Owen: Okay, I see.

Owen: Were you looking at a specific extender? allen: Its for when your coverage is weak in your home. I get callers saying they ring the phone 4 or 5 times and I only hear it ring once.
    Owen: Indeed, and did you see one you wanted, or did you want me to see what I can try and find for you?
    allen: I only seen one and quickly forgot it after the sticker shock. Please see what you guys have now.
    Owen: Okay, let me check everything!
    Owen: Not finding much of one, sadly.
    allen: OK, I'll let you off the hook. Thanks Bye.

21. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    It depends on your definition of "credible". The guy at the reseller near me said it was the 15th, but was pushed AGAIN to the 18th or 19th. His words, and I didn't say anything about the 9th or 15th, this was volunteered from him without any prompting. He seemed sure of the date, but he's just a reseller employee (I don't think he was the manager, but maybe he was). I forgot to ask where he got that info, unfortunately.

But folks, I think we should have learned by now to not get our hopes up TOO much for these rumored dates. Even if Verizon did have a firm internal launch date (which is questionable), things are obviously volatile and may change at will. The last official word from Verizon was simply "end of the year", so until 12/31, I guess I will wait. But given some of the wording from the VZW twitter feeds, the "on track to announce the availability by the end of the year" instead of "on track to release by the end of the year", I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they push it into 2012. :( If that happens, though, I'm going to get a Rezound and hope for a CM9 build and S-OFF soon. That or consider AT&T and the SGS II skyrocket.

22. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    $299 regular
    $249 4G sale
    -$30 loyalty reward

mountainlover, BabyBlues and 1Time like this.
  23. Steven58

Steven58 Why, WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE... brats!
    Moderator Thread Starter

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    New Jersey, US of A
    sorry, I'm taking the night off to go to a movie. :) I haven't really been here today much either. Am I fired? :p

jmar likes this.
  24. 1Time

1Time Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    If I had purchase a Rezound now with the $100 off promotion for the upgrade to a 4G phone, am I able to just return it for the Nexus without paying any extra, in other words does the promotion still transfer from the Rezound to Nexus? Thanks in advance.

25. darejer

darejer Android Expert
    None

Nov 1, 2011
    SoCAL
    What bad news?

Tags: