• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I just talked to a CSR and he stated that the Gnex would not be out until Jan. Feb. Not what I'm trying to hear right now... I am growing so impatient with VZW

I said awhile back that my VZW non-Corporate store told me his friend that works for Google told him January. People said he was nuts when I posted that. Uh huh. Even if it is released on the 15th, that's a whole big 2 weeks from January anyway...not so far off.

There's just something going on here guys that we aren't fully aware of and it makes me more uncomfortable with each passing day...or should I say each missed release date?

If it's really as late as Jan/Feb, then I would absolutely have to think about the wisdom of waiting for this thing. At that point we really will be quite close to the release of new phones that may be better or, at the least, consider current phones like the very very solid Rezound that will see ICS too.

Only VZW could make this phone 'a thing of the past' before it's even released. Pretty amazing. :mad:

Upvote 0
For what it's worth guys,

I stopped at a Radio Shack, and also a 3rd party retailer who said they will have the phone on sale for the 15th. Radio shack had no inventory, but the 3rd party seller said he has them in stock, but unable to sell until the 15th. I'm sure 15th is new launch date.

Is there anything posted online that gives credence to a 15th release? It seems to me that the resellers are all just quoting what they read here? Where did the original 15th date come from?

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
Is there anything posted online that gives credence to a 15th release? It seems to me that the resellers are all just quoting what they read here? Where did the original 15th date come from?

Sounds like the typical regurgitation that's been happening since early November, unfortunately.

There was also a post a few pages back about someone being told the nexus was in the equipment guide with the 15th associated with it (like the 9th was at some point), but that it had since been removed (again). :(

Upvote 0
After watching a ton of different videos recorded by the GNex, I have to say...some look wavy as hell (like the one recorded with the dogs) and some look perfectly fine, and even other look really amazing.

I wonder if there is some sort of protective plastic on the camera lens, and if there is, I wonder if the waviness is a result of people not taking it off?

Nah, if the film wasn't taken off it would have no effect on the waviness, but the video itself would be very blurry and look as if it was taken through a lens coated with vaseline.

But I agree, I've seen some samples that I thought looked outstanding and others that looked like poop. I've also seen some cameras from the Razr that were outstanding and others that looked like crap. I don't know if it's a QC issues with these cameras, but the variability looks to be tremendous.

Upvote 0
All you can say is the guy wins. You can call it luck, but luck does not keep coming week after week. I dont know how he does it but he does

I don't follow football much, but I will say this:

Tebow didn't make that kick. Everyone needs to get off hit nuts. He's maybe a hair better than Caleb Hanie (or any other craptastic QB).

I don't know if it's the fact that he's overtly religious that garners him this fanbase, but it seriously needs to end. This reminds me of Paris Hilton being famous for being a whore (different end of the spectrum, I know, but point stands.)

Upvote 0
I think we should all take about a two hour break. Go for a walk. Bake some cookies. Call your mama. Call your Grandma!.......just step away for a bit. Nothing will be missed.

Hey Grandmadroid!

I am quoting you because I don't remember if I have. :)

I want to share something with you wonderful gals and gents.

My family is willing to forego searching for XMAS gifts for me as I have stated that I only want a Nexus this year. They are all banding together to pitch in for the cost of the phone. Currently, I have one reserved by a friend (manager) a 3rd party retailer whenever he can put my name on one. The caveat here is that if it releases before XMAS, my family has asked that I wait.

So we made a compromise. I can purchase the phone if it launches before XMAS. My CSR is allowed install the 4G SIM and battery to activate the phone so that it can be properly sold as my NE2 upgrade. Then we must remove the SIM and battery, place all items back into the box and reactivate my service on my DROID X2. Once completed, I will drive to my parent's house and drop off the phone for safe keeping until XMAS day. I am not allowed to do anything other than activate the phone; that is it!

So if this phone drops any day before XMAS, I will get the best material gift, guaranteed, ever. My first time with ICS. My first time will be XMAS day! This compromise is outside of my normal comfort zone. However, my family wants to have a part in making my material XMAS wish come true and am grateful.

Last but not least, I will be working an 8 hour day on December 25th. My son will be a day shy of 14 months old. I will get time with my family on XMAS just not the entire day. Let's all take a moment to be grateful, gracious and reflective...

...Merry Christmas (or whatever it is that you celebrate during the winter season) to you all!

jmar

Upvote 0
I said awhile back that my VZW non-Corporate store told me his friend that works for Google told him January. People said he was nuts when I posted that. Uh huh. Even if it is released on the 15th, that's a whole big 2 weeks from January anyway...not so far off.

There's just something going on here guys that we aren't fully aware of and it makes me more uncomfortable with each passing day...or should I say each missed release date?

If it's really as late as Jan/Feb, then I would absolutely have to think about the wisdom of waiting for this thing. At that point we really will be quite close to the release of new phones that may be better or, at the least, consider current phones like the very very solid Rezound that will see ICS too.

Only VZW could make this phone 'a thing of the past' before it's even released. Pretty amazing. :mad:

I don't doubt your friend head that. There have been so many rumors floating around that anything is possible. If thus phone is delayed to Jan. they would lose a lot of money. I don't think there plan is to actually release it that late though. They would have a PR nightmare on their hands wity not meeting their own deadline. That being said anything can happen.

Upvote 0

Tebow didn't make that kick. Everyone needs to get off hit nuts. He's maybe a hair better than Caleb Hanie (or any other craptastic QB).

I don't know if it's the fact that he's overtly religious that garners him this fanbase, but it seriously needs to end. This reminds me of Paris Hilton being famous for being a whore (different end of the spectrum, I know, but point stands.)

I disagree. Yes it takes everyone on that team, but the fact is they are 7-1 now with Tebow. He has changed the atmosphere of that team. He's a good kid who works hard and has been told over and over he can't do it.

I give him props.

Upvote 0
All you can say is the guy wins. You can call it luck, but luck does not keep coming week after week. I dont know how he does it but he does

That was more of a compliment to their knack for finishing against the odds.

However, I've reserved judgement for Tebow until next week. It's one thing to have more will to win than other average-ish teams. It's an entirely different thing to pull out a win against a true playoff contender.

Not trying to downplay his accomplishments, as they've been insane.

Upvote 0
You are right about one thing. You dont know much about football. What you said just makes no sense, I am not even a fan of his or the Broncos, I was making a point that he knows how to win. by the way the guy is nothing like Paris Hilton

oh and surprise you are from the chicago area surprise

Enough said

Upvote 0
here's a recap of my day of nexus information searching...

verizon store #1 (corporate)...

asked the lady about the galaxy nexus, response "it was supposed to be out friday, but was delayed. we don't have any info on when the new release date is, but i believe it should be out by the end of the month."

verizon store #2 (also corporate)...

rep: "can i help you?"
me: "galaxy nexus..."
rep: "supposedly the 15th."

best buy also said it was supposed to be out last week, but also said they had no new info on launch date.

anyway, i also FINALLY got customer service to note my account that i'd be eligible for a "manager approval" or "manager override" or something like that so i can upgrade early (my date is 12/29). i specifically mentioned both that i wanted a 4g device, and that i wanted the nexus, and she didn't say that i wouldn't be able to get any of the 4g phones (i.e. she didn't tell me no razr, no bionic - as some people have been told). she told me i'd be able to get any 4g phone...this was after she had me on hold for a good 5 minutes, i guess talking to her supervisor...

the caveat - she said i'd have to order the phone through customer service, that i wouldn't be able to go into a store to do it.

my question for everyone - is she right? she said she noted my account, wouldn't the store be able to see this and allow me to upgrade in store?

Upvote 0
I know people here won't like this but I wonder how many of us would already have caved and bought an iPhone if they had released the iPhone 5 instead of the 4S. An iPhone with at 4"+ screen and LTE. It would be almost perfect. The video and the camera would be great.

not me. had an iphone before and i'll never own another one. i hated it from the moment i started using it.

Upvote 0
I have been to 2 BJs and neither allow you to just walk in, you MUST be a member and have to show your card to get in the door at both places. First time I was there I wanted to look around before I joined and they wouldn't even let me do that. Different stores might have different policies though.

Here in WNY you walk in without showing your card, you just need it when you check-out.

Upvote 0
Nah, if the film wasn't taken off it would have no effect on the waviness, but the video itself would be very blurry and look as if it was taken through a lens coated with vaseline.

But I agree, I've seen some samples that I thought looked outstanding and others that looked like poop. I've also seen some cameras from the Razr that were outstanding and others that looked like crap. I don't know if it's a QC issues with these cameras, but the variability looks to be tremendous.

True. I bring it up because on my Vibrant that I recently sold, there was a very small piece of protective plastic (almost like a static screen protector) covering the lens that I truly did not even notice was there until a full year after I owned the phone. And the only reason I found it was because I was wiping the lens to get rid of some fingerprints and I felt the side of the protective plastic.

If it is not that, then this is likely a software issue with the camera software overcompensating with digital stabilization. Wonder if there is any way to turn off or change stabilization settings.

Upvote 0
You are right about one thing. You dont know much about football. What you said just makes no sense, I am not even a fan of his or the Broncos, I was making a point that he knows how to win. by the way the guy is nothing like Paris Hilton

oh and surprise you are from the chicago area surprise

Enough said

You miss the point of what I said entirely. I know PLENTY about football. I just don't follow it. His numbers are garbage. HE doesn't win anything. Brady wins things. Rogers wins things. Tebow...is just along for the ride it seems.

I hate the Bears. So my being from Chicago has nothing to do with what I said.

He is exactly like Paris Hilton. She's a socialite - and has a following based on that. He's a deeply religious person - and has a following based on that. I conceded that it was the other side of the spectrum, or did you ignore that entirely?

I'm not looking for a fight. I'm simply pointing out that he's not all people crack him up to be. It's like Fedor, before he made it to the United States to fight. The "#1 p4p fighter in the world" got himself smashed...repeatedly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones