• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people here won't like this but I wonder how many of us would already have caved and bought an iPhone if they had released the iPhone 5 instead of the 4S. An iPhone with at 4"+ screen and LTE. It would be almost perfect. The video and the camera would be great.
Well, if Verizon keeps dragging their feet, we might just get that oppotunity.

Upvote 0
Nah, if the film wasn't taken off it would have no effect on the waviness, but the video itself would be very blurry and look as if it was taken through a lens coated with vaseline.

But I agree, I've seen some samples that I thought looked outstanding and others that looked like poop. I've also seen some cameras from the Razr that were outstanding and others that looked like crap. I don't know if it's a QC issues with these cameras, but the variability looks to be tremendous.

I agree. One of the Brits put up a video that looked amazing, but most of the others look like the dog video. Not sure what the answer is.

Upvote 0
Sounds like the typical regurgitation that's been happening since early November, unfortunately.

There was also a post a few pages back about someone being told the nexus was in the equipment guide with the 15th associated with it (like the 9th was at some point), but that it had since been removed (again). :(

Not sure, the corp business rep and all the vzw corp stores I spoke to said it was listed in the system as the 15th, not just something they had heard. So I don't know if it's just something put in the system as a "tentative" release date or what.. but that's all I've heard from any of the stores, is the system says the 15th.

Reactions: jdduncan11
Upvote 0
Again you prove how little you do know about football. No quarter back can go along for the ride. We will leave it at that. I am not going to carry this conversation forward anymore because it is all about opinion and nothing about the nexus.

good luck to you

You miss the point of what I said entirely. I know PLENTY about football. I just don't follow it. His numbers are garbage. HE doesn't win anything. Brady wins things. Rogers wins things. Tebow...is just along for the ride it seems.

I hate the Bears. So my being from Chicago has nothing to do with what I said.

He is exactly like Paris Hilton. She's a socialite - and has a following based on that. He's a deeply religious person - and has a following based on that. I conceded that it was the other side of the spectrum, or did you ignore that entirely?

I'm not looking for a fight. I'm simply pointing out that he's not all people crack him up to be. It's like Fedor, before he made it to the United States to fight. The "#1 p4p fighter in the world" got himself smashed...repeatedly.

Upvote 0
I know people here won't like this but I wonder how many of us would already have caved and bought an iPhone if they had released the iPhone 5 instead of the 4S. An iPhone with at 4"+ screen and LTE. It would be almost perfect. The video and the camera would be great.

I would absolutely be in possession of an iPhone 5 already. But I refuse to be locked into 3G only for the next 2 years.

Football OT

At what point can we stop pretending Tebow is a good quarterback, and acknowledge the Broncos winning has almost nothing to do with him?

Upvote 0
Not sure, the corp business rep and all the vzw corp stores I spoke to said it was listed in the system as the 15th, not just something they had heard. So I don't know if it's just something put in the system as a "tentative" release date or what.. but that's all I've heard from any of the stores, is the system says the 15th.

I'm hoping we see a leaked screen shot of the equipment guide soon then if it's in fact listed for the 15th. Not holding my breath, though, obviously.

Upvote 0
lmao I just read through your guys little argument..was that just serious??
This thread should one day take over the drama "Days of our Lives."

Edit: Broncos defense is BEASTLY, even though they do allow a lot of numbers on the ground.
Again you prove how little you do know about football. No quarter back can go along for the ride. We will leave it at that. I am not going to carry this conversation forward anymore because it is all about opinion and nothing about the nexus.

good luck to you

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0

i had already made up my mind before the 4s announcement that if what you said what have happened, i was getting it

edit: and my wife has already stated, after using a DINC and now a DINC2, that she is waiting until next summer/fall for it

Upvote 0
Sounds like the typical regurgitation that's been happening since early November, unfortunately.

There was also a post a few pages back about someone being told the nexus was in the equipment guide with the 15th associated with it (like the 9th was at some point), but that it had since been removed (again). :(

Well, based on what I heard from Freedom Wireless, and
FWIW, stopped at a Verizon reseller in Cameron Park since I was right by it. I asked about the Nexus and he said "yeah it's not out yet. It was pushed out again. It was supposed to be the 15th but they pushed it to the 18th or 19th". He said of course they want this thing out by Xmas.

If this is true (major NaCl here), Verizon is dumber than I thought to miss another Xmas shopping weekend. So if that's true, it must be something major to miss yet another weekend.

Okay, i just tried to do this via phone by calling big red customer service (800-922-0204). The lady I spoke to was very nice and tried her best to help. But I got nowhere. She claimed to have no knowledge of this $100 promotion. I tried giving the promotion code from the droid-life article (Verizon Promotional Mailer: Receive $100 Off Any 4G Smartphone, No Limitations Found – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog): CH4GE. But that yielded nothing. So, I'll try to send an email to see where that gets me. A $100 discount is worth the effort. :)

Okay, and while on the phone I asked about the Galaxy Nexus. She said she knew about that phone and would check to see what the updated release date was supposed to be. Then she said, 'Hrm...sir one moment please'. I said, 'Hrm? That doesn't sound good.' And she said something is wrong because the Galaxy Nexus doesn't pull up in her equipment guide today. She said it did yesterday and had a date of the 15th. But today, *poof* nothing about the Galaxy Nexus in her system. She could find information about accessories, but not the phone. Take this with a grain of salt, but methinks there is more stormy weather ahead for big red nexus fans. :(

-me
I'm not so sure I trust the 15th anymore.

Upvote 0
when is a discussion called fighting. I fin it hard to believe they will shut down the thread due to what was talked about so relax and enjoy

We're not arguing, it's more like spirited discussion. I hold no malice toward this person. If my sarcasm comes off as offensive, than I apologize...but by no means am I aiming to stir up trouble!

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
Exactly. Ill get excited when it actually goes on sale. Rumored release date after release date gets old after a while.
I absolutely agree. The only way to really be sure is when it goes up on the Verizon site (and at this point, even then I'll be skeptical). I keep telling myself I'm gonna stop checking the forum, but it's become like an addiction, I just can't stay away. After such enormous build up, I certainly hope when I finally do get the Nexus it's not a disappointment.
To quote Spock: "Sometimes having, is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones