1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Android Enthusiast

Okay time for a round of Call Your Local Verizon Stores!

Advertisement

GalaxyNexus, nvitone23 and scottg96 like this.
  2. summamd

summamd Member

Ive said it before Ill say it again. This is the last nexus we'll see on verizon.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  3. Keyan

Keyan Member

After seeing that post from The Source, I look around in this thread and all I see is

[​IMG]

4. huskerkate

huskerkate Android Enthusiast

5. summamd

summamd Member

same here, got an opthalmologist appointment at 8am, hospital orientation at 930 for a hospital Ill never physically go to at 930. Hopefully be done with all that by 1200 or so and be able to scrounge up a nexus somewhere if they actually go on sale.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  6. mobgob

mobgob Member

I need some suggestions for a decent case. Don't want to break the bank and have to spend 24.99 at the Verizon store for one. Any suggestions?

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  7. dantheman7

dantheman7 Member

Without question! If I'm going on vacation, or anywhere out of the norm, my Nikon D5100 is along for the ride. Europe? Without a doubt, I would not be relying on the camera on a phone. Convergence only takes you so far, if you want to produce something of quality, often you HAVE to go with a dedicated device.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  8. Mooem

Mooem Android Enthusiast

Heck, I can't wait till Wednesday night. Still hoping for a press release Tuesday...pretty please, Verizon? I need the warm fuzzies of an official announcement.

GalaxyNexus and robpeck like this.
  9. df2rools

df2rools Lurker

Went to radioshack and a bunch of other places saturday.

radioshack told me to pick it up on the 13th (tomorrow).

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  10. 49er

49er Well-Known Member

So is that $100 promo thingy only for upgrades? Gonna be buying at full retail, so I'm guessing this thing wouldn't apply. Anyone?

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  11. sarxsvt

sarxsvt Well-Known Member

Same except on Thursday. However it was "communicated by regional manager verbally" was the story I got. That came from someone who I would consider a great friend. So I feel certain that he is telling me the truth. Obviously that can all change in the blink of an eye however. Also very possible the person telling him that has no actual idea as well.

GalaxyNexus and scottg96 like this.
  12. DrexelDragon

Called three corp. stores: One still saying the date was pushed back and a new one hasn't been announced, other two didn't answer...

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  13. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Android Expert

Great news. I hope my local Verizon don't run out of stock by noon on Thursday, because that's when I'm going in. Seeing the "very low stock" from the equipment guide last week, plus hearing that Radioshacks are only getting 1 phone apiece is worrying me on that front.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'll jinx it, but THREE MORE DAYS!!!!

GalaxyNexus and DrexelDragon like this.
  14. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  15. eyetek

eyetek Well-Known Member

I really doubt Verizon is going to update the equipment guide with a release date until wed. evening. I don't think there will be an announcement at all, and if they decide to it won't happen until wed. evening.

Calling Verizon CSR asking questions is not going to provide any new info...they are being kept out of the loop on this release because of what happened during the last release date.

That's my opinion.....:cool:

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  16. DrexelDragon

Make another Video please!??!?! :D

17. stang6790

stang6790 Lurker

I stopped at a Corporate Verizon and they said they weren't sure when it was coming out. The reason I stopped in Verizon was to ask about making a purchase over the phone whenever it does release since I used my last vacation day on the 9th and now have to work this Thursday. I was told no problem as long as you have a bill to on you account. I assume that means a credit card, not sure, but he checked my account and said I was good. So if any of you have to work that day (hopefully the 15th) this may be an option to make sure you get yours.

GalaxyNexus and Thunper like this.
  18. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

I have an avatar all ready for if/when we get an actual press release. I love doing the avatars but someone found me one for when this is all over and I can't wait to load her in and keep her there for a while. :D

GalaxyNexus, CaptainRon and Mooem like this.
  19. BustaNY

BustaNY Member

I've called CSR twice now.. just got off the phone with one 2 mins ago. Asking about the 3g/4g 100$ upgrade.

The first CSR said she couldn't find anything.

So I called again and was put on hold this time since they were going to look.

The 2nd CSR said she found a promotion that applied to "mobile broadband device" not "phones. So afterwards i told her the promo code.

She said that possibly when you go and order the phone online enter the code and maybe it will work.

I don't live in the mid-west.. Charlotte, NC here.. but am upgrading for a 3g device.. am I out of the running? Or were people outside of the midwest lucky to get it on their accounts?

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  20. sox08

sox08 Android Enthusiast

CH4GE is the code with thanks going to a mr. solo

GalaxyNexus and jasaero like this.
  21. chemist109

chemist109 Lurker

So, I called my nearest Verizon corporate store today and talked with a CSR there who said that they had the phone in stock and the launch had been delayed. He said that the phone would be available Thursday.

I know, I know yet another CSR story, but I talked with the CSR before The Source's announcement, so I thought I would chime in here.

This is my first post on this thread although I've been a forums member for a while.

GalaxyNexus, jmar and scottg96 like this.
  22. Rhystatic

Rhystatic Well-Known Member

No Joke. and as excited as we have been before. I said this back then a few times. Please don't put "THURSDAYS THE DAY" in the title if it's not verizon official.

No offense to the source or anyone. But we have no more confirmation today than we have for any other day. Please just stop messing with people and hyping this up. There have been at least 4 dates that you have said confirmed before. I don't have time to sift thru hundreds of pages of posts and I kind of live by the title/updates. So it's a giant bummer to see a title like that only to see that the same person that confirmed 2 other dates is now confirming a 3rd.

23. rothnic

rothnic Newbie

Was anyone able to get the $100 off using the code if they were told they are outside of the regional discount?

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  24. sox08

sox08 Android Enthusiast

i live in new hampshire and tried the code while upgrading to the rezound and it said it was invalid. also couldnt get freeovernt code to work either fwiw.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  25. Digital504

Digital504 Newbie

Every time the title changes to something positive...something BAD happens.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: