• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat optimistic, but there is still time for Verizon to change its mind and tell these sources something different, so I wouldn't pop the champagne corks yet.

And still no sign of any Verizon advertising, it's a travesty if they release an android flagship phone with no fanfare, and I doubt google is going to want to launch 5.0 or whatever on their network the next time. It's far enough away from the razr launch now that they could focus their marketing efforts on the nexus.

Ive said it before Ill say it again. This is the last nexus we'll see on verizon.

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
After seeing that post from The Source, I look around in this thread and all I see is

PeanutsDance.gif

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
dammit! i just looked at my calendar, and i have a webinar for CLE set for 8:00 a.m. looks like i'll be having my secretary log on for me. desperate times call for drastic measures... :D

same here, got an opthalmologist appointment at 8am, hospital orientation at 930 for a hospital Ill never physically go to at 930. Hopefully be done with all that by 1200 or so and be able to scrounge up a nexus somewhere if they actually go on sale.

Upvote 0
If I was going to Europe for six months I would want a DSLR. Even an entry level one will blow away a phone camera.

Without question! If I'm going on vacation, or anywhere out of the norm, my Nikon D5100 is along for the ride. Europe? Without a doubt, I would not be relying on the camera on a phone. Convergence only takes you so far, if you want to produce something of quality, often you HAVE to go with a dedicated device.

Upvote 0
I was told by a Verizon rep that the 15th was the date last Friday, but I am a little worried there's not one single leak with a image showing that email or Verizon screenshot.

Same except on Thursday. However it was "communicated by regional manager verbally" was the story I got. That came from someone who I would consider a great friend. So I feel certain that he is telling me the truth. Obviously that can all change in the blink of an eye however. Also very possible the person telling him that has no actual idea as well.

Upvote 0
Great news. I hope my local Verizon don't run out of stock by noon on Thursday, because that's when I'm going in. Seeing the "very low stock" from the equipment guide last week, plus hearing that Radioshacks are only getting 1 phone apiece is worrying me on that front.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'll jinx it, but THREE MORE DAYS!!!!

Upvote 0
Okay time for a round of Call Your Local Verizon Stores!

I really doubt Verizon is going to update the equipment guide with a release date until wed. evening. I don't think there will be an announcement at all, and if they decide to it won't happen until wed. evening.

Calling Verizon CSR asking questions is not going to provide any new info...they are being kept out of the loop on this release because of what happened during the last release date.

That's my opinion.....:cool:

Upvote 0
Great news. I hope my local Verizon don't run out of stock by noon on Thursday, because that's when I'm going in. Seeing the "very low stock" from the equipment guide last week, plus hearing that Radioshacks are only getting 1 phone apiece is worrying me on that front.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'll jinx it, but THREE MORE DAYS!!!!

Make another Video please!??!?! :D

Upvote 0
I stopped at a Corporate Verizon and they said they weren't sure when it was coming out. The reason I stopped in Verizon was to ask about making a purchase over the phone whenever it does release since I used my last vacation day on the 9th and now have to work this Thursday. I was told no problem as long as you have a bill to on you account. I assume that means a credit card, not sure, but he checked my account and said I was good. So if any of you have to work that day (hopefully the 15th) this may be an option to make sure you get yours.

Upvote 0
Heck, I can't wait till Wednesday night. Still hoping for a press release Tuesday...pretty please, Verizon? I need the warm fuzzies of an official announcement.

I have an avatar all ready for if/when we get an actual press release. I love doing the avatars but someone found me one for when this is all over and I can't wait to load her in and keep her there for a while. :D

Upvote 0
I've called CSR twice now.. just got off the phone with one 2 mins ago. Asking about the 3g/4g 100$ upgrade.

The first CSR said she couldn't find anything.

So I called again and was put on hold this time since they were going to look.

The 2nd CSR said she found a promotion that applied to "mobile broadband device" not "phones. So afterwards i told her the promo code.

She said that possibly when you go and order the phone online enter the code and maybe it will work.

I don't live in the mid-west.. Charlotte, NC here.. but am upgrading for a 3g device.. am I out of the running? Or were people outside of the midwest lucky to get it on their accounts?

Upvote 0
So, I called my nearest Verizon corporate store today and talked with a CSR there who said that they had the phone in stock and the launch had been delayed. He said that the phone would be available Thursday.

I know, I know yet another CSR story, but I talked with the CSR before The Source's announcement, so I thought I would chime in here.

This is my first post on this thread although I've been a forums member for a while.

Upvote 0
God I hope this time it's for realz

No Joke. and as excited as we have been before. I said this back then a few times. Please don't put "THURSDAYS THE DAY" in the title if it's not verizon official.

No offense to the source or anyone. But we have no more confirmation today than we have for any other day. Please just stop messing with people and hyping this up. There have been at least 4 dates that you have said confirmed before. I don't have time to sift thru hundreds of pages of posts and I kind of live by the title/updates. So it's a giant bummer to see a title like that only to see that the same person that confirmed 2 other dates is now confirming a 3rd.

Upvote 0
I've called CSR twice now.. just got off the phone with one 2 mins ago. Asking about the 3g/4g 100$ upgrade.

The first CSR said she couldn't find anything.

So I called again and was put on hold this time since they were going to look.

The 2nd CSR said she found a promotion that applied to "mobile broadband device" not "phones. So afterwards i told her the promo code.

She said that possibly when you go and order the phone online enter the code and maybe it will work.

I don't live in the mid-west.. Charlotte, NC here.. but am upgrading for a 3g device.. am I out of the running? Or were people outside of the midwest lucky to get it on their accounts?

i live in new hampshire and tried the code while upgrading to the rezound and it said it was invalid. also couldnt get freeovernt code to work either fwiw.

Upvote 0
No Joke. and as excited as we have been before. I said this back then a few times. Please don't put "THURSDAYS THE DAY" in the title if it's not verizon official.

No offense to the source or anyone. But we have no more confirmation today than we have for any other day. Please just stop messing with people and hyping this up. There have been at least 4 dates that you have said confirmed before. I don't have time to sift thru hundreds of pages of posts and I kind of live by the title/updates. So it's a giant bummer to see a title like that only to see that the same person that confirmed 2 other dates is now confirming a 3rd.

Every time the title changes to something positive...something BAD happens.

Upvote 0
Okay time for a round of Call Your Local Verizon Stores!
I'm seeing lots of people saying that they're "making appointments" with their VZW stores. Is this really necessary? I can't think of a store, even here in downtown Boston, that would be so busy (especially at 8 AM, which is when I'll be going) that an appointment would be needed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones