• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be debbie downer but is there any chance Steven or another MOD can help clean up the Verizon $100 off coupon. Maybe add the information to the original post so it is readily viewable.

Sorry but its getting really bad with every poster telling their story over and it is hard enough to catch up on this thread without having to sift through all that coupon talk.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I dont mean to offend anyone but I think alot of us are hear for information on the phone. Thanks!

It kind of IS phone related, seeing as how we all plan to use it on the same thing! We get off topic sometimes when there's no other new news coming. That's what the OP is for, it gets updated accordingly!

Upvote 0
Im in Southern Cali and tried. They said it is for midwest only and there was no way he could add it. He said if I was in the midwest he could do it though.

So if your in the Midwest I would definitely call up and add as you are eligible. Might have to have to throw out the "doorway" wording though as the 2nd call I made he had not heard of any promotions like that until I mentioned that. Then he said midwest only.

Upvote 0
Not trying to be debbie downer but is there any chance Steven or another MOD can help clean up the Verizon $100 off coupon. Maybe add the information to the original post so it is readily viewable.

Sorry but its getting really bad with every poster telling their story over and it is hard enough to catch up on this thread without having to sift through all that coupon talk.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I dont mean to offend anyone but I think alot of us are hear for information on the phone. Thanks!

Mods are discussing the situation and Steven is preparing his post on this. :)

No reason to not get righteous discounts when available to you, ok to work with your carrier to get what's coming to you, they have a lot of discretionary ability on this sort of thing - not ok to be dishonest about it and potentially lose people their jobs.

Looks like we really are in the home stretch.

My hat's off to all of you for staying on this remarkable roller coaster! :)

Upvote 0
It kind of IS phone related, seeing as how we all plan to use it on the same thing! We get off topic sometimes when there's no other new news coming. That's what the OP is for, it gets updated accordingly!
I know everyone is going to use it on the SGN and we are all here to help each other out thats why I feel bad even asking.

Its just tough pulling information about the phone when it seems like 3/4 of each page the last couple days are about the $100 discount.

Like I said im sorry to even ask but it is getting a tad cluttered with that

Upvote 0
I know everyone is going to use it on the SGN and we are all here to help each other out thats why I feel bad even asking.

Its just tough pulling information about the phone when it seems like 3/4 of each page the last couple days are about the $100 discount.

This thread is so beyond the "tad cluttered" that it's silly :p

Reactions: GoogleFanBoy
Upvote 0
OK - No big update but...

I sent my rep a text (he had one waiting for me on the 9th, but texted me that morning saying he couldn't sell it yet). He confirmed the date of the 9th on the 7th as well for me.

Text to him :
Reps are making appointments for the 15th for Nexus. Can you hold me one until I get off work?

His reply :
You got it!

He intimated that the date is correct with his response (without saying so of course).

Upvote 0

I understand. If you've been following the thread at all, really...you'll notice trends. So long as we're not flaming one another, it's all allowable, so long as the mods are ok with it! Besides, today we got a couple big leads saying that this week is THE week. So it hasn't ALL been coupons! :p

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Any news on whether the discount works in california?

YES IT DOES!!!

I used the line of what somebody posted earlier
"I'm wondering about the $100 promotion that is available when you upgrade from a 3G to a 4G phone, my friend got a post card in the mail with the information and the code CH4GE on it, I didn't get one and would like to see if I'm eligible since I'm upgrading to the Galaxy Nexus once it comes out."

and the guy checked it out. I don't think he even typed in the code but did a search on the for the 3g to 4g promo and my account came up as eligible! He put a note on my account. Here's to hoping it gets applied when i get the GNEX!

we had a long conversation before on why the costco rep said my NE2 discount couldn't be applied at the costco kiosk, and him trying to find out of my NE2 discount could be applied to radio shack or best buy (he didn't have an answer for those) but noted to me that his note sheet specifically said costco couldn't redeem the new every 2 discount.

anywho...long story short...IT WORKED FOR ME...it was noted on my account that I was eligible for the $100 discount. I'm SO hoping it goes through!!!!

I'm in the SF/Bay area (specifically inner east bay) doesn't hurt to call!

Upvote 0

I hear you, honestly.

Please rest assured that we seem to be in the home stretch. People monitoring the web are likely to chime in here or via our IRC channel.

If a release trigger or release news or ordering news happens that's in any way significant, one of us (if Steven is not available) will update the OP and the title in as close to real time as our fingers will allow. :) ;)

Upvote 0
So, if I gave one of you Midwesterners (Illinois, preferably) my phone number, could you potentially call me and wake me if the phone goes on pre-order tonight??

^^^This is exactly why I love this forum. We are all so comfortable with each other and are willing to go out of our way to help one another...wait for it...awwww :)

I'm not from the midwest, but I'll be up until 12 eastern time if you would like.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones