1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Electrical Design Engineer
    Northwestern Alabama
    Oh I know. I just don't believe any rumors now. Any discussion of a date I just try to brush off. I do think just because of my own logic that it will be released this week. However, I thought the same in early November. I didn't put much faith it it being released late November or the 9th. I really hoped it would, but didn't believe it. With the phone being IN the stores, I know, I personally held the very one Radio Shack is going to sell me...they only got one in...I just don't see a reason they would allow a whole bunch of phones to sit in the stock room taking up space and not sell them the week before Christmas.

I don't buy this not releasing till January either because releasing right before Christmas is close enough to the new year that people will flock to the stores once the buzz gets out beyond our little niche and they'll see good sales through January on this phone anyway.

Advertisement

2. MysterX

MysterX Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Hehe, so true. I'm quite positive now that we are all sick. "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." :p

-me

atrayn22 and BabyBlues like this.
  3. la teacher

la teacher Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Northridge, CA
    try preschool... peer pressure worked with ours :)

AntimonyER likes this.
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None

We saw how utterly stupid they were when they missed Black Friday.

Dammit. This really is how it started last week. People were doubting the 9th and were ridiculed. Cheetara told me to take my meds and that she would be free of me after last week. Then the shoe dropped.

Well, there's one shoe left. And those who doubt the 15th are doubtless being seen as being unreasonable.

All this has happened before and will happen again.

So say we all.

5. Mooem

Mooem Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    And imagine the the marketing opportunity it'll create for people to have their Nexus in hand during Christmas/New Year time and showing it off to all their relatives/friends. Word of mouth is still powerful in terms of advertising.

6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    Shes already into her second year.. Next ;)

7. Lindseybp

Lindseybp Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    soy.lor.n, NCTurner and MysterX like this.
  8. MysterX

MysterX Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2011
  9. mpsmit3

mpsmit3 Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    East Lansing, MI
    I've been trying to get the $100 3G to 4G bonus by calling CSR's, 3 so far have turned me down. I'm going to keep trying, but also wanted to try to live chat, but can't find where to start one on the web site. Does anybody know where to go to do this?

vikingking50 likes this.
  10. AntimonyER

None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    I think this is perhaps the most frustrating of all... We hear the rumors of the date, and the amount of confirmations start to reach fever pitch, and then our most reliable sources confirm the date, and the next day, kerplunk. Twice now its happened like this.

11. Hilbe

Hilbe Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    This should be posted to the first post in the thread if you ask me. The direct number to Verizon Telesales is 866-745-4679. Their hours are 8am to 11pm ET.

I call them every day at 8am, and if I'm bored I'll also call once in the evening. This is how I got the accessories from them, calling a couple times a day asking about the phone and then the accessories.

12. rove75

rove75 Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Off Topic: Just take off the diapers and put her in underwear. Take her to the bathroom an a regular frequent basis. SHe might have more then a few accidents but she wont like getting wet so she will learn to go. Worked for my sone who is 3 as well.

13. TKEnzy

TKEnzy Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    Media Relations
    South Jersey
    So now the 15th isn't even looking good? Honestly, if it doesn't release this week, I'm wondering if we'll see it in 2011 at all. Why start selling it the week before Christmas? That's an automatic sales week, people HAVE to buy something if they were planning on going the new phone route for gifts. And can you really see them releasing anything in that lost week between Christmas and New Years when nobody does anything? I think it's this week or bust for 2011.

14. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Someone I know who interviewed with vzw corporate for a job was told the 22nd back on the 5th. I was afraid to mention it here more than once way back when because everyone has someone who told them something. If it comes before the 22nd I'll be pleasantly surprised, but not really worrying or holding out much hope. We'll all get it eventually.

15. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    We're blowing up over 1 Rumor. Take a step back from the ledge until we hear a little more confirmation on the matter.

Keep Calm and Chive On.
    Daily Morning Awesomeness : theCHIVE

F150FAN, BobF, tluley51 and 6 others like this.
  16. Gulstaff

Gulstaff Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2011
    Electrical Engineer
    Rochester, NY
    Not to mention the "inside sources" have been correct as far as we can tell. We do this at work all the time, plan for this date, oh crap not ready let's push to this date and re-evaluate as we get closer.

As hundreds have said, there is no way of knowing when we will get the phone. There can be thousands of leaks indicating when the next planned release date is, but if they can't finish whatever they are working on in time then they have to push back to a new date.

All of these rumored dates (at least in terms of 9th and 15th) are almost assuredly planned dates and the only people who know if they will stick to this date are the people that are testing whatever issue they are having and the top execs.

Best Buy, Radio Shack, and the majority of local VZW reps rarely even know the planned release date let alone how the testing is coming.

To those saying "my radio shack rep said still come in on the 15th," these are the sources that were the most wrong. Just like last time, your reps that say still come in this day will either call to cancel or cancel when you arrive. These reps simply have not received the cancellation of the planned release dates (that they may or may not have received in the first place).

There are very common themes here that people (including myself) are desperately trying to ignore.

TL;DR: Rumors are of planned release dates only; they give no indication of whether product will be ready for this date. Local reps are more in the dark than AF is so appointments are no indicator.

VTHockey11 likes this.
  17. bcltoys

bcltoys Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Male
    Marine tech
    Maryland
    The 12th of next year there are 3 of them on thursdays. Since thursdays seem to be days they release phones.

18. Lindseybp

Lindseybp Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    yep.

19. AntimonyER

None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    Ooops, forgetting OT header... Thanks for reminding me.

Off-Topic - Potty Training

Did this for three weeks. no progress. Just lots and lots of puddles and other things. Actually letting her run naked has been the most successful, she won't go unless she has something to catch it. She will go all day with no accidents, using the potty, but the moment you put underwear on her to go somewhere, you have a mess. She knows what to do, she knows when she has to go, she just doesn't care.

20. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    Ugh. Not me. On the 19th I'll be at Best Buy at opening to check to see if the TP is there. If it is, I'm nabbing it and saying bon voyage to Verizon's overripe melon.

21. friguy3

friguy3 Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    This morning I noticed the GNex web ads are back instead of the google wallets ads. They were all over the place when the release date was the 9th and then the disappeared once that didnt happen. Guess google thinks it may be released thurs/fri?!?

coach26 likes this.
  22. OptimusNexus

OptimusNexus Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    They can't do it on live chat, it's gotta be on the phone.

23. devildriver6

devildriver6 Newbie
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Ugh, this stuff makes me not want to read anymore... It was bad, reading the "News" on Google every day, until I found this forum. Then, to get hope over and over again here is wearing thin on me.

I just want to buy the GD PHONE! Is that so friggin' HARD!?

24. spaceynyc

spaceynyc Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2011
    NYC
    that's the thing, it ALWAYS starts with that 1 rumor. I truly believe for the real release date we won't hear any contradiction.

25. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Teacher/Church Planter/ Basketball Coach
    Cincinnati
    Not that we need to get knee deep in $100 discount conversation again
    (lord knows we had tons of that last night)
    BUT by the time I had a chance to call with the new codes last night it was after 11 so they had gone home for the night. I called this a.m. with both codes and neither worked for me. The promotion (as now told by 3 different CSR's on 3 different occasions) is for medium to small business accounts in the Midwest. The CSR took 20 minutes digging for a way to make them work for me and searching for any other promotions that will work for me. There is nothing currently available. I am going to be happy with my last NE2 $50 and my $50 from executive relations and get my Galaxy Nexus for $199. :cool:

Tags: