1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. truelove79

truelove79 Android Enthusiast

You realize all these dates are just rumors right? Until we hear from verizon the 15th holds no more water than any other date. My confidence in the 15th has fallen from 2% to 1%. When Verizon announces a date, it'll go up to 50%. When I have it in my hand and activated, only then will it be 100%.

soy.lor.n and bjanow like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vikingking50

vikingking50 Newbie

I have also tried twice and was declined, I live in West MI. They claim it isn't in our area:(

3. akellar

akellar Well-Known Member

Any chance a new thread can be started for this $100 scam? It's getting kind of old going through 20 of the "how do I get it?" posts trying to find out new information on how we are getting bent over. Just a thought.

BobF, Tuesday013, friguy3 and 2 others like this.
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

See, now you are being too optimistic... OTD, and Cincy both had it in their hand and activated, and you see how that turned out... ;) Should be 100% when you walk out of the store with it.

soy.lor.n and johnnybirdman like this.
  5. rove75

rove75 Well-Known Member

Off-Topic - Potty Training

It took my son months to get it. But I hear you, its frustrating. Mine would be fine at guests but when we were home he would let loose. At least he was being polite ;)

Sounds like your daughter is good in theory but not in practice. That what I say about my son about doing things he isnt allowed to do.

6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Morning!

Sounds like me! Teehee. I am the one your mother warned you about. Sounds like your wife has that trait as well.

Morning. *here's a rope* hang on a little bit more

I'm gonna stick up for him. I love Scoptimism

There is a fine line between pleasure and pain......

Another voice of reason. Thanks.

AntimonyER and woodraskam like this.
  7. speede541

speede541 Android Enthusiast

Those depend more on your search history than anything else. As soon as I began looking up NFC and Google Wallet, all my ads weht that way. Then last night I was searching for Deuter backpacks and, guess what?!?

8. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

Even then, they might call you and want it back. Just ask SamMax:)

Edit: I think 100% is only after you have traded your GNex for your new phone.

AntimonyER likes this.
  9. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett Android Expert

BabyBlues likes this.
  10. Aabye

Aabye Well-Known Member

My 100% is when I take off the back cover and make sure they didn't hide a Razr in there.

soy.lor.n and speede541 like this.
  11. TKEnzy

TKEnzy Well-Known Member

So this morning my phone: was only charged to 66% after sitting all night, rebooted, after reboot wouldn't recognize my SD card, won't download apps, takes nearly a minute to get through messages and who knows how long to process a call. I need the Galaxy Nexus. Your move, Verizon Wireless. You've pushed this off long enough already.

12. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

I just bought SlideIt Keyboard for $.10. When I went to Android Market and it asked me which phone I wanted to install it on I noticed they have my Galaxy Nexus listed. Sooooo close, yet so far.

[​IMG][/URL]

K-West and RadYOacTiVe like this.
  13. spaceynyc

spaceynyc Well-Known Member

Mooem and ryancmatchett like this.
  14. Cindir4

Cindir4 Newbie

For me it's this week or bust.

At this point, it will be a very short lived flagship phone. Practically outdated by the time it finally shows up! :eek:

Quad core is just around the corner. I waited this l long, I can wait a bit longer. My phone is fine.

I wanted the latest, greatest most shiney new toy. This one is starting to feel a bit tarnished.

Ninja Monkey and jimbo1mcm like this.
  15. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Android Enthusiast

I love the chive

APKhaos and woodraskam like this.
  16. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Android Enthusiast

Would love to hear about them

17. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Android Enthusiast

....and I will give you the PIN numbers to all my bank accounts also,This way you can order it for me,Thanks you are a true friend.

18. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

You're right! If he had just added that the activation and being in his hands was occuring on official launch day, that would have covered his 100% rating...

19. spaceynyc

spaceynyc Well-Known Member

20. JessicaLynne

JessicaLynne Newbie

Have you tried asking to speak to the loyalty department, as soon as i got over there i got the discount noted on my account.

21. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

Off-Topic - Potty Training

You tried bribes? My neice was apparently the same way. She knew what to do but she wouldn't do it. They tried making her sit on the potty on a regular basis until she would go, but she never would. The second she came off the potty she went. They eventually told her that every time she used the potty she got a treat or ____(insert bribe here). A couple of weeks of that and she was good to go.

ASC, AntimonyER and Deleted User like this.
  22. TKEnzy

TKEnzy Well-Known Member

Not actual ICS. This is moto we're talking about.

23. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I'm going to bet with Teddy..

24. Crayon

Crayon Member

How is it game over? It's a crappy device.

DarbagDarbag likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews