1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. cusjs

cusjs Android Enthusiast

I think we all do, first Verizon and now this:(

BabyBlues and cwazpitt3 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

I agree with you...............
    From what i understand the quad core phones have a "5th" core that does everyday tasks and the only time the phone uses the quads is when they are needed.
    This allows the phone to not use too much power. Open to correction.....:):):)

3. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert

Welcome! We're glad to have you here. :)

I feel your pain - my Droid has completely stopped notifying me of received text messages, and also is refusing to put through about half of the ones that I send out.

bp08 likes this.
  4. theWUbear

theWUbear Member

I currently have a nokia phone from 2005 running verizon backup assistant.

When I get my galaxy nexus, it will immediately import my gmail contacts, correct?

Will I then need to use verizon backup assistant to import my current contacts?

Will they replace my gmail contacts? Will they all automatically be added (creating hordes of repeats)?

5. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

6. m1scr3ant

m1scr3ant Well-Known Member

"As early as..." is vague, and probably purposely so.

7. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

I don't see it where? :D Does Costco run Verizon? They should they seem to know more about the Nexus.

8. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Android Enthusiast

minnie mouse is in that avatar? Where i don't .....ohhh yeaaa your right lol

nyg010 likes this.
  9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Welcome to the final stretch (I hope it is anyways!)

bp08 likes this.
  10. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

jbdan and Stigy like this.
  11. cusjs

cusjs Android Enthusiast

Stigy likes this.
  12. Mooem

Mooem Android Enthusiast

As early as the 15th. Semi-ambiguity ahoy! But still, looks like the floodgates are opening for leaks on the 15th.

Come on Big Red, I'll show you mine (money) if you show me yours (Nexus).

vikingking50, kcs7272 and Stigy like this.
  13. Bmxant

Bmxant Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, I'm using a $10 Go-Phone :D

14. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

I wonder if that is a common thing to have in their listing. Be a pretty good burn by Costco on Verizon if they had to add the "as early as" specifically for this phone...

15. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

I want to root this phone prior to setup but . . . it doesn't look as easy as "unrevoked forever". When I rooted MY Dinc, I had to do it the hard way so I'm not averse to it but when I rooted my wife and friend's Dinc I found the Unrevoked method much easier. Anyone know of the easiest way?

Sure I know about THIS THREAD and also THIS THREAD .

EDIT*** Actually the Superboot method looks pretty easy.

16. RazorSharp

By the way, quick plug for everyone - come join the Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole thread in The Lounge! All the names you know, with all the off-topic antics you can handle. :D

I expect it's where everyone will be after this thread closes when the GNex finally launches, but it's open now! So come hang out. :)

Garland06 and BabyBlues like this.
  17. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Long shot... but do you think Verizon is trying to rebrand it the Nexus Prime just like the "Droid" line?

18. Duluke

Duluke Member

I had the same thing happen. Watch for random Facebook postings and text messages.

19. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

So this means that it is not releasing today or tomorrow at Costco!

20. cusjs

cusjs Android Enthusiast

21. esmort

esmort Newbie

I have seen a lot of people ordering the Diztronic/TPU case. Does this case allow you to use the docks with case on? Was just curious why it is so popular?

22. gapi

gapi Android Expert

[​IMG][​IMG]

NCWoodworker and nyg010 like this.
  23. Mooem

Mooem Android Enthusiast

From the H in the network indicator (HSPA+?), I gather that is a GSM device?

BigFwoosh likes this.
  24. RazorSharp

I wouldn't mind that at all, I like "Nexus Prime" much better than "Galaxy Nexus," but it's far too late to change the phone's name now. Nexus Prime was likely Google's internal name for the phone before Galaxy Nexus became official, someone at Google probably goofed and left "Nexus Prime" in the text of one of the updates sent out.

soy.lor.n likes this.
  25. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Android Enthusiast

I just realised something...didn't most of the relevant PR updates from Verizon go out to various other websites way before they appeared on Verizon's? Aren't we more likely to hear news on the Phandroid front page (or BGR or DL or whoever) before it pops up on the Verizon PR page?

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews