• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always remember:

377938_2832504818243_1427839103_3123654_498562764_n.jpg
Lol, yes! He was talking about Burn Notice, but thanks for keeping it going

On topic:
I am so giddy right now, I can hardly type right now properly. I can't wait to actually finally see this thing in the flesh!
Ahhhh!! 2 more days. I really mean it, don't you dare pull the rug out again Verizon, don't you dare!!!

Reactions: Craigboy
Upvote 0
I too have never seen a Star Wars movie, and never will. Or Star Trek for that matter (movie or show). Same with Lord of the Rings which everyone raves about...and I consider myself a movie buff.

That's like a "cigar buff" saying he'll never try Cubans.

There's a reason everyone raves about them.

OT:

While I have watched all of the Star Wars movies and own them on VHS (original and "new and improved"), DVD and now Blue Ray I will admit that I have a hard time staying awake when I watch them with the kids now.

I'm the same way. I haven't watched Star Wars since the first day of Episode III's opening. I want to keep it fresh in case I want to watch it with someone who hasn't seen them.

My wife got me the bluray versions but I have yet to see them. I might do Episode IV on my Gnex just to see what the quality is like.

Upvote 0
I know it's happened a couple times that folks have gotten really far to walking out the door but either activating or purchasing have stopped them in their tracks.
Any idea what my chances are? Either way, hopefully I'll at least get to see the bloody thing!

Start by asking him to scan the SKU at the register. It will come up (most likely) as 'not able to sell'. I did everything else, got to that point, and was out of luck. May as well save yourself the time. If it scans ... hallelujah. PM me the store location ;)

Upvote 0
The Return of the King won an Oscar for Best Picture and all 3 received countless Oscar nominations. So what were you saying about being a movie buff again??

Couldn't have said it better, not to mention the books are considered one of the greatest trilogies of all time

(Of course some strange people don't like fantasy stories)

Reactions: 49er
Upvote 0
So has anyone used the camera in the Nexus yet? When I checked it out last night that was really the only thing I ended up messing with, I'm terrible with playing with a phone in the store.

I was impressed by the camera though, I took a panorama shot of the desk and while it wasn't perfect, for my first time ever holding the phone it seemed to come out pretty good. What I was most impressed with was how fast it took pictures though. I took about 10 pictures in 10 seconds and for the most part they turned out pretty decent. Some of them were a little blurry but most of them looked clean and focused. I also like being able to tell the camera what to focus on, all in all the 15th has to be the day. If it's not I will surely throw myself into an airplane!

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I want to root this phone prior to setup but . . . it doesn't look as easy as "unrevoked forever". When I rooted MY Dinc, I had to do it the hard way so I'm not averse to it but when I rooted my wife and friend's Dinc I found the Unrevoked method much easier. Anyone know of the easiest way?

Sure I know about THIS THREAD and also THIS THREAD .

EDIT*** Actually the Superboot method looks pretty easy.

I want to root ASAP as well, but some of these methods are confusing me.

Upvote 0
Start by asking him to scan the SKU at the register. It will come up (most likely) as 'not able to sell'. I did everything else, got to that point, and was out of luck. May as well save yourself the time. If it scans ... hallelujah. PM me the store location ;)

I know, I know. My wife keeps telling me it won't work.
One of her coworkers husbands got really far at a RS in Arlington, VA but was stopped at the activation process. Well, we'll be able to get out to dinner in the area afterwards :rolleyes:
(It's the RS in Columbia Heights in DC btw.)

Reactions: blackwaterTM
Upvote 0
Same results here...have a feeling all the people with their "accounts noted" are gonna be pissed come thursday...these discounts are not things that can just be added..they are preprogrammed to specific phone numbers...if yours isnt in the system for that discount, it does not apply...simple as that

You beat me to it. Release day will be a mixed bag of emotions for many.

Upvote 0
So this Thursday is the big day huh?

No, it isn't. People need to stop saying things like this. Nothing is official yet. The 15th is LOOKING like it may be the big day, but it absolutely isn't yet. Nothing is official until Verizon says it is, and they haven't yet. I'm all for having fun with dates and talking about the phone, but we need to stop talking about dates like they're fact, I don't care what resellers and CSRs and inside leakers say.

That being said, I'm totally pumped for this phone and truly hope that it's this Thursday, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: AppsRUs
Upvote 0
I wish the camera didn't have so many issues. It's the only thing that's stopping my "for sure" thinking of this phone.
Matt Miller from zdnet.com has written several articles on the GN since he bought one a few weeks ago. One of the articles he just released: Galaxy Nexus camera: better than you may have heard (gallery) | ZDNet. Matt put up an image gallery comparing pictures he took with his iPhone 4s, Galaxy Nexus and a couple of other phones he has. He then rated them. Matt admits that he likes the iPhone, but he liked most of the pictures he took with the Nexus better than the ones he took with his i4S. Check out his article and you be the judge.

I personally think if you're going on vacation or any occasion where you want nice pictures, you should use a standalone camera anyway. In the meantime, when you're out and about, the Nexus camera should work well if you don't have your standalone with you.

Reactions: johnnybirdman
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones