• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Nicely done John!

I would be careful about "I touched it" posts. In some states that could get you some serious time in the big house. ;)

You live in Texas. The promotion is only for the Midwest and the Northeast.

Well. I thought Indiana was in the Midwest?

By the way, AFTER this thread comes to a close where do we all meet up again at? :D

Upvote 0
whoa people are creeping on me, jesus i've had 1k plus views of my profile. lol.

Don't worry I haven't crept on your profile.... yet.
My eyesight is still good enough to see your pic on the side

But seriously if you need me to give you a call when something concrete happens about this phone since you are going to be off studying for your finals just let me know... I promise I wont call and just sit on the phone breathing hard at the middle of the night all stalkerish. :D

Upvote 0
OT-

This is wayyy late but i found a picture of my car :) its the day i bought i a few years ago.....thi spicture doesn't really do it justice but....

49328-laxstar785-albums-pics-picture18-2010-04-10-18-54-45.jpg

Upvote 0
By the way, AFTER this thread comes to a close where do we all meet up again at? :D
Didn't you see my PSA before? :p
By the way, quick plug for everyone - come join the Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole thread in The Lounge! All the names you know, with all the off-topic antics you can handle. :D

I expect it's where everyone will be after this thread closes when the GNex finally launches, but it's open now! So come hang out. :)

Reactions: backs4iu and Rybnik
Upvote 0
has anyone that got their upgrade date moved up also gotten them to move up the NE2? one of the stores i called said he thinks he can work something out (getting me the phone in store thursday rather than me having to call CS to order it thursday and not having it til friday) - but he said he wouldn't be able to move up the NE2, that i'd have to wait til the 29th to get that...

Upvote 0
well I can honestly say I am starting to get my hopes up some that it will actually be thursday.....lets hope it holds true! Going to go to the gym tonight to pass the time.....last time i was there i dropped 275 on my chest while i was benching hope that doesn't happen again...lol

Pics or it didn't happen.

Oh wait, found a pic for you:
bench_press.jpg

Upvote 0
Just called my local store to make an appointment for Thursday. Here's the conversation I had with the rep:

Me: I'd like to make an appointment on Thursday to pick up a Galaxy Nexus.

Rep: We're not taking appointments, so it's going to be first come first serve.

Me: So the Galaxy Nexus will be launching on Thursday?

Rep: Yes.

Me: In that case, would you be able to put a phone on hold for me? I'm not going to be able to be there right at store opening.

Rep: No, I can't put one on hold, but we're not going to sell out on the first day. We have a bunch of phones.

Me: If you don't mind me asking, how many would you say you have?

Rep: I'd say we have just over 200 in stock.

Me: Over 200? Holy cow.

I'm certain that number is solid. Remember when I went to Best Buy and bought mine but had it taken out of my fingers, I looked inside their closet as she took it out. I saw AT LEAST 50 INSIDE. They were stacked 5-6 high and filled the entire top of the cabinet. If Best Buy is getting 50, you can bet Corporate Verizon stores are getting at least 200 of them.

Upvote 0
OT:

I've been seeing/hearing a whole lot of uses of the word "frak" in the last week or so. It makes me miss the days before I watched post-New-Caprica-BSG and spoiled the whole series for myself... :(

What do you mean? You watched Caprica and didn't watch BSG? I don't think it ruined anything.

Im 2 weeks behind. Shhhhh.

You will freak at the last scene in the last episode!!

wuut.jpg

Upvote 0
HAHAHA that is awesome.....i actually can bench that and i only weigh 184 :) i used to play football and lacrosse.....i have to say it would be a bit odd having someone video tape me bench pressing at the gym

but seriously love that pic

You're definitely in the zone in that pic. You lift harder than most grown men, which is saying a lot for an 8 year old girl :D

Reactions: 220com2
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones