• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT Data plan

I found out from the CSR last night that if you accidentally or another CSR takes off your data plan and you have unlimited you have 14 days to get it back. Then after that you have 60 days to get it back but it has to go to a special department and get approved which they do (they just want to know why it was cancelled)

Off topic just wanted to share

Upvote 0
OT:

No, is that good? It seems kind of cheesy to me.

(I love Once Upon a Time and Terra Nova, go figure.)

Re Grimm

It isn't bad. The basic premise loosley reminds of an old dean koontz book called twilight eyes. The main character in the book can see "goblins" that look like normal people to most, but they are not. The book is a very good read, and I really liked the main result of where the goblins came from (don't want to spoil it, but it's worth it).

http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Eyes-Dean-Koontz/dp/0425218643

Grimm starts off like that, but I haven't seen enough of it to get a feel for it. So far it's been ok.

Get the Koontz book. Its a good read!

Upvote 0
Believe it or not there are actually people out there (like me) who have used both an iPhone and an iPad and still find them to be useless. We don't all dislike the iPhone because "everyone has one". For some of us, a tiny screen and outdated OS is just not good enough.

I think that's his point. You've used one, and don't like it. Refusing to even touch it only because it's such a popular phone would be puzzling.

Upvote 0
ok, so heres the good and bad news...

the bad... of course, she wasnt able to preorder it

the good... ok, the original intent of the call was to get the $100 promo noted to her account also, since it was noted to mine last night. before hanging up, she asked the csr "do you happen to know anything about some nexus phone?"... he then proceeded to say yea, its supposed to be in stores VERY soon but i can let you pre-order it if you want right now. of course she said yes, and they started going through the order process. heres where it gets interesting. he told her that up until today the nexus was not even searchable in their system, meaning it had been removed from the search but that this morning at some point it is now back and searchable. he went though the whole order, added the phone to the "cart" i guess you would say, added an extended battery and proceeded to check out. this is where the hangup came. he said that after he had done all that, it wouldnt let him check it out through his system. it will let him add it to the order, and the battery, but its blocked from being actually closing the order and placing it through.

so imo even though she couldnt order it, the fact that the csr's can now see the item and find it in their system is GREAT NEWS. its coming guys, sooner than later!

Yes, this hives with why I finally have an authorized scheduled appointment too. Yay, I am full of schoptimisn this afternoon!
Edit: sunofanUrkle!!
This auto-correction is really elevating my anger!

Reactions: bdub
Upvote 0
Believe it or not there are actually people out there (like me) who have used both an iPhone and an iPad and still find them to be useless. We don't all dislike the iPhone because "everyone has one". For some of us, a tiny screen and outdated OS is just not good enough.

OT: Movies
See, isn't that the same thing as me saying I won't see Star Wars because it is old and outdated and I just prefer not to? Yet I get called out because people in here think Star Wars is something to worship and it is something I have no desire to watch. I consider myself a movie buff whether you Star Wars fans agree with it or not...I am the minority here for sure so most everyone in here is going to disagree with me, it happens. Looks like I hit a soft spot for some of you ;)

You don't like the i*hone after using it, I get it. That doesn't make you close minded. Just like me not wanting to see Star Wars doesn't make me close minded, or NOT a movie buff.

Upvote 0
I've found the Nicaraguan and Honduran are just as good if not better, you get what you pay for and just pay extra on Cuban's because of the forbidden fruit factor

/I swear I was in Europe when I smoked them!
attempting to start cigar talk

I can vouch :) the Cubans actually don't hold a candle to a few Nica's I've had the pleasure of smoking. Hondurans not so much imo

Upvote 0
I just got text from Verizon telling me that 4G is lighting up in my area on the 15th. They are giving out special candy bars with a "Golden Ticket" for a chance to win a Razr to the first 100 customers to visit the local corporate store. Hopefully I will be there when they open to get a GNex and golden ticket. If I win a Razr it might end up on Ebay.

Upvote 0
This thread will be closing soon says this guy;

blue-grim-reaper--large-msg-119561934095.jpg

Reactions: drbugsmn
Upvote 0

agreed. i had an iphone for a year and hated it. the os is clunky and locked down. i couldn't switch to android fast enough.

Upvote 0
Good morning Nexicans.
I'm staying home because I have a really bad fever... and what's just great about this is that my giant tests, projects, labs, and essays are all due this week :/ Looks like I'll be busy today (assuming I plan on going back to school tomorrow).

Anyways, we're closing in on the sacred day! :p I don't think anyone here understands how giddy I'm going to be when I go to the store and pick up this phone... wait a second, you ALL understand :D

Upvote 0
My mom called this morning about getting the $100 promotion on our lines. No dice. However, she inquired about any other promotions that VZW was running. The rep said that we could get a $9.99 monthly discount on our data packages.

I hope the rep wasn't screwing my mom out of unlimited data. She's not exactly the most tech savvy and I doubt she even though to ask if it keeps the unlimited plan, but if it's really $10 a month savings (times 4 lines) then we'd save $480 a year. Others may be interested in this promotion.

I am going to call after I get off work and try again on the $100 promotion. The rep told her that it was Chicagoland only. I'm only about 2 hours south of Chicago. If people in California have gotten it I don't see why I shouldn't be able to, considering it was supposedly a "midwest" promotion and I am right smack dab in the middle of the midwest.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
I have NOT watched Caprica.
I watched all of BSG, but the last few seasons (after New Caprica) ruined the earlier seasons which I had mostly enjoyed (after taking a while to get into it - Roslin is the worst)

Oooh, I gotcha. I watched all of BSG by myself, and later re-watched the whole series with my wife because she'd never heard of it.

It was strange, but before the re-watch, I thought that the whole New Caprica BS took a whole season to unfold. It was so frakking dull and boring that it seemed longer in my head.

The second time around, it wasn't too bad.

I actually liked Roslin. But #6 was my favorite. :p

Upvote 0
OT: Movies
I would agree, but isn't it the same thing to come into an androidforum and say that people refused to buy the i*hone are close minded as well? So everyone in here is close minded?

Just because I don't want to see one of the greatest/best rated movies of all time doesn't make me close minded, just like people in here don't want an i*hone. It's strictly preference.

OT:

I would say that people that refuse to even try the iPhone are close minded too. Here is how I would relate to two, even though they are apples and oranges. Renting a movie is like trying the iPhone either from a friend or a store. Just because you have rented the movie, or tried your friend's iPhone, doesn't mean you have to go out and buy the whole box set, get the iPhone on a 2 year contract.

If you refuse to even touch your friend's iPhone or look at it in a store, then yea you are probably a little close minded. Also close minded /= a bad thing.

Upvote 0
Sorry all, I wasn't ignoring all your posts between me not watching (and refusing) to watch Star Wars to me hitting on Minnie Mouse. I just got out of my OS Administration Final, and now am too lazy to respond lol.

On Star Wars though: I always judge a book by its cover, and already know I'm not going to like it- so there you have it. I'm probably the biggest geek ever but SW never enticed me one bit lol.

Reactions: tluley51
Upvote 0
Sorry all, I wasn't ignoring all your posts between me not watching (and refusing) to watch Star Wars to me hitting on Minnie Mouse. I just got out of my OS Administration Final, and now am too lazy to respond lol.

On Star Wars though: I always judge a book by its cover, and already know I'm not going to like it- so there you have it. I'm probably the biggest geek ever but SW never enticed me one bit lol.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones