1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. brent_strong

brent_strong Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Sorry to keep asking, but I haven't seen an answer to whether the $100 discount would apply to buying a phone at full retail.

Or don't we know?

Advertisement

2. DSG04lightning

DSG04lightning Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2009
    OT Data plan

I found out from the CSR last night that if you accidentally or another CSR takes off your data plan and you have unlimited you have 14 days to get it back. Then after that you have 60 days to get it back but it has to go to a special department and get approved which they do (they just want to know why it was cancelled)

Off topic just wanted to share

BobF and RadYOacTiVe like this.
  3. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    atl
    I have NOT watched Caprica.
    I watched all of BSG, but the last few seasons (after New Caprica) ruined the earlier seasons which I had mostly enjoyed (after taking a while to get into it - Roslin is the worst)

4. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Twin Cities, MN
    Re Grimm

It isn't bad. The basic premise loosley reminds of an old dean koontz book called twilight eyes. The main character in the book can see "goblins" that look like normal people to most, but they are not. The book is a very good read, and I really liked the main result of where the goblins came from (don't want to spoil it, but it's worth it).

http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Eyes-Dean-Koontz/dp/0425218643

Grimm starts off like that, but I haven't seen enough of it to get a feel for it. So far it's been ok.

Get the Koontz book. Its a good read!

5. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    Ok, I haven't been able to keep up but I have a question.

What discounts are available for me? I am upgrading from a Droid Incredible to the Gnex. I have seen various $100 discounts and living social deals. Am I eligible for anything? I don't live in the Midwest...

6. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    I think that's his point. You've used one, and don't like it. Refusing to even touch it only because it's such a popular phone would be puzzling.

7. Tuesday013

Tuesday013 Member
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    North New Jersey
    OT: Grimm is good, has potential to be great. Its much darker the Once Upon a Time. If you get a chance check out an episode.

drbugsmn likes this.
  8. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 4, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer
    Rhode Island
    sorry.....there so much rando stuff i missed it.....and im adding to the rando stuff so not like i can say much.....bookmarked nonetheless

9. Rybnik

Rybnik Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Music
    Yes, this hives with why I finally have an authorized scheduled appointment too. Yay, I am full of schoptimisn this afternoon!
    Edit: sunofanUrkle!!
    This auto-correction is really elevating my anger!

bdub likes this.
  10. tluley51

tluley51 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Upstate NY
    OT: Movies
    See, isn't that the same thing as me saying I won't see Star Wars because it is old and outdated and I just prefer not to? Yet I get called out because people in here think Star Wars is something to worship and it is something I have no desire to watch. I consider myself a movie buff whether you Star Wars fans agree with it or not...I am the minority here for sure so most everyone in here is going to disagree with me, it happens. Looks like I hit a soft spot for some of you ;)

You don't like the i*hone after using it, I get it. That doesn't make you close minded. Just like me not wanting to see Star Wars doesn't make me close minded, or NOT a movie buff.

11. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa

I can vouch :) the Cubans actually don't hold a candle to a few Nica's I've had the pleasure of smoking. Hondurans not so much imo

12. Duluke

Duluke Member
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    I just got text from Verizon telling me that 4G is lighting up in my area on the 15th. They are giving out special candy bars with a "Golden Ticket" for a chance to win a Razr to the first 100 customers to visit the local corporate store. Hopefully I will be there when they open to get a GNex and golden ticket. If I win a Razr it might end up on Ebay.

13. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    Industrial Electrician
    South Jersey
    This thread will be closing soon says this guy;

[​IMG]

drbugsmn likes this.
  14. m1scr3ant

m1scr3ant Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Chicago suburbs
    My guess is upgrade only.

brent_strong likes this.
  15. flyinggerbil

flyinggerbil Newbie
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    attorney
    DC
    agreed. i had an iphone for a year and hated it. the os is clunky and locked down. i couldn't switch to android fast enough.

16. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Highland Park, IL
    Good morning Nexicans.
    I'm staying home because I have a really bad fever... and what's just great about this is that my giant tests, projects, labs, and essays are all due this week :/ Looks like I'll be busy today (assuming I plan on going back to school tomorrow).

Anyways, we're closing in on the sacred day! :p I don't think anyone here understands how giddy I'm going to be when I go to the store and pick up this phone... wait a second, you ALL understand :D

Rybnik, jbdan and atrain311 like this.
  17. zogster

zogster Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2011
    My mom called this morning about getting the $100 promotion on our lines. No dice. However, she inquired about any other promotions that VZW was running. The rep said that we could get a $9.99 monthly discount on our data packages.

I hope the rep wasn't screwing my mom out of unlimited data. She's not exactly the most tech savvy and I doubt she even though to ask if it keeps the unlimited plan, but if it's really $10 a month savings (times 4 lines) then we'd save $480 a year. Others may be interested in this promotion.

I am going to call after I get off work and try again on the $100 promotion. The rep told her that it was Chicagoland only. I'm only about 2 hours south of Chicago. If people in California have gotten it I don't see why I shouldn't be able to, considering it was supposedly a "midwest" promotion and I am right smack dab in the middle of the midwest.

scottg96 likes this.
  18. Stigy

Stigy Some say...
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Male
    I don't like that I am not getting any concrete information from the stores around me except BJs.

jokeefe10 likes this.
  19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None

Oooh, I gotcha. I watched all of BSG by myself, and later re-watched the whole series with my wife because she'd never heard of it.

It was strange, but before the re-watch, I thought that the whole New Caprica BS took a whole season to unfold. It was so frakking dull and boring that it seemed longer in my head.

The second time around, it wasn't too bad.

I actually liked Roslin. But #6 was my favorite. :p

20. Incredidroid

Incredidroid Member
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    OT:

I would say that people that refuse to even try the iPhone are close minded too. Here is how I would relate to two, even though they are apples and oranges. Renting a movie is like trying the iPhone either from a friend or a store. Just because you have rented the movie, or tried your friend's iPhone, doesn't mean you have to go out and buy the whole box set, get the iPhone on a 2 year contract.

If you refuse to even touch your friend's iPhone or look at it in a store, then yea you are probably a little close minded. Also close minded /= a bad thing.

21. Rybnik

Rybnik Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Music
    OT:
    What the hell is that avatar!???

3vil likes this.
  22. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Highland Park, IL
    Edit: Double post, my bad. The thread is acting a little strange right now for some reason.

23. Incredidroid

Incredidroid Member
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    double post. yay for the system acting up.

24. smittysmitt3434

None

Jul 22, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN

Sitting at my favorite tobacconist now. I am about to light up a Tatuaje 7th Capa. Awesome smoke.

jbdan likes this.
  25. nyg010

nyg010 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    North Jersey
    Sorry all, I wasn't ignoring all your posts between me not watching (and refusing) to watch Star Wars to me hitting on Minnie Mouse. I just got out of my OS Administration Final, and now am too lazy to respond lol.

On Star Wars though: I always judge a book by its cover, and already know I'm not going to like it- so there you have it. I'm probably the biggest geek ever but SW never enticed me one bit lol.

tluley51 likes this.
Tags: