• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the clap is going around here today. Maybe I should closeout and steer clear for a while...

OT (dexter)
I have been less than impressed with this season. It's like they thought that the Gellar already being dead thing was a huge reveal, but, most figured it out early. So, they ended that story line way too early, and they have had a lot of filler.

We'll see, there is a lot of "set-up" for next season, but, this one hasn't impressed me. I'm hoping for a killer finale to make up for it though.

Upvote 0
More OT Dexter talk

Has anyone read the books? In the very first one, LaGuerta is killed by Bryan, I think. That's also another potential "fix" for Dexter/Debra.

Except Bryan is dead. He showed up as Dex's dark passenger for an episode, but he's gone. A random killing may get rid of her (Deb murder rampage shooting spree!), but I think she's around to stay. Unfortunately.

Also, apparently the books are very different from the series, and from what I've heard, after the first book go downhill. The show is the way to go for this. Not that I've read them, but I trust those I know who have.

Upvote 0
Small question that I'm not sure was answered or not. (It's hard to keep up while working on fixing doors, building cabinets, demolishing walls...)

The ($100) coupon credit towards the account with an upgrade to a 4g (since I'm on a 1Xev) that's working mideast and more towards the east... has anyone found out if it works on the west coast yet? Specifically California is where I'm located.

Upvote 0
OT Dexter

As do I, from the preview. It involves pointy things and necks. I almost wish the show wasn't renewed until February just so I could go into this episode thinking ZOMG THIS COULD BE IT!

Dexter OT

My theory more lies with the syringe you see...

Also, Deb knows about Dexter from the very FIRST book.

Upvote 0
batman.gif

Upvote 0
We are 2 days out from a supposed release. The fact that stores still claim it's not coming this week is troubling. Unless they are just plain lying why, when we are this close, doesn't EVERY store know 100% that the release is Thursday. Maybe because it isn't. Either that, or Verizon truly is dumb and can't properly communicate with their customers OR their sellers. Either way, I'm staying at a 1% chance the phone comes out this week.

Down from yesterday's 2% I see. :)

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I dunno.... we've had just as many random, and some not so random, guys at VZW stores tell us it's dropping on the 15th

And those were probably the same reps calling people back on the 9th telling them not to come in.....

All I am is saying is I am not getting my hopes up... People here hear a date and say yes that is when its coming out...

I heard its coming out Dec. 29th.... From every Verizon rep I have talked to today? Wanna run with it?

Upvote 0
Except Bryan is dead. He showed up as Dex's dark passenger for an episode, but he's gone. A random killing may get rid of her (Deb murder rampage shooting spree!), but I think she's around to stay. Unfortunately.

Also, apparently the books are very different from the series, and from what I've heard, after the first book go downhill. The show is the way to go for this. Not that I've read them, but I trust those I know who have.

I've read the first 4 and loved them, though 4 not as much. I am getting 5-6 when I get off work here in a couple hours. I realize that Bryan is dead, but it could potentially clue us in to what the writers may/may not do. There are a lot of parallels b/w the two, despite story lines moving apart.

Upvote 0
Semi Off-Topic about Verizon:

Has anyone had any experience "porting" a number from another wireless carrier? The FAQ is a little vague on their site about it...says it takes anywhere from "3-24 hours" to complete the process. Does ordering/porting online delay shipping? Anyone know?

Yep just did it with 2 phones a couple weeks ago on my Rent-a-Rezound. In store, it happened basically instantly. Can't speak to online orders although I have heard they can/will take longer.

Reactions: MMcCraryNJ
Upvote 0
Between VZW, Best Buy, Costco, and Radio Shack, there are 10 stores in my area that will be selling the Nexus. I won't be able to slip out at work on Thursday until 11:30am. What do ya'll think the chances are of every one of those 10 stores selling out in the first 2 hours?

I think you will get one. Looks like VZW is only giving us 24 hour notice. Not enough time to get the word fully out.

Upvote 0
Down from yesterday's 2% I see. :)

Yup, as we near the supposed launch date with no announcement from Verizon, my "optimism" goes down. It's currently at 1%. I'm sure there will be, still with no announcement from Verizon, people that will hope against hope that it will somehow magically go on sale in the middle of the day.

Reactions: jkc120
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones