• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut tells me that vzw and google came or was coming to some kind of agreement over the weekend. This would explain why the source PM'd me saying it was looking to be Thursday.

My gut also tells me that an email went out confirming that date, this morning.

Steven

Upvote 0
I'll buy the phone whenever it drops provided I can still get double data (or unlimited via the unlimited mobile hotspot thing...) but I need this weekend to be the cutoff for my full time job on this thread.

I promised myself I'd have 25,000 more words written on my novel by the end of the month and I've written like 200... Need to get back on track and get it finished!

New Novel idea: "The Forum" inspired by real life events. The story of how one band of downtrodden geeks survived the most horrific geek tragedy of all time: The Verizon Galaxy Nexus Release. The plus side, its 98% complete, and all you have to do to finish is stick around ;)

Upvote 0
I'll buy the phone whenever it drops provided I can still get double data (or unlimited via the unlimited mobile hotspot thing...) but I need this weekend to be the cutoff for my full time job on this thread.

I promised myself I'd have 25,000 more words written on my novel by the end of the month and I've written like 200... Need to get back on track and get it finished!

OT
What genre do you write? Big historical fiction reader here.

Upvote 0
Confirmation:

Talked to the Radio Shack guy that has been completely honest with me from day 1 and he said his Verizon Rep called and talked to him and said tentative date was Thursday. I trust this guy completely. He's not tried to withold info or BS me with info he didn't have. He has told me straight up what he knows every time I've talked with him and has no reason to lie. He has one phone and it is locked in his desk with my name on it. The phone is sold to me already and he knows it. He's just waiting on launch day.

This right here is why I don't expect to see it this week. If there is a chance the date can be delayed, you can bet Verizon will delay it. Until a date is solid, internally and revealed to the public, I believe Verizon will continue to push it back. They said the end of the year and they've already lost xmas sales, what incentive do they have to release it anytime before the 31st?

Upvote 0
My gut tells me that vzw and google came or was coming to some kind of agreement over the weekend. This would explain why the source PM'd me saying it was looking to be Thursday.

My gut also tells me that an email went out confirming that date, this morning.

Steven

I would like to know what you ate that has made your gut so talkative? ;)

Upvote 0
I've been wondering why it looks like it's going to be a soft launch on the GNEX, and my conclusion is that the initial shipment is going to be for people like us and not the general public. This isn't because Verizon has a soft spot for phone geeks, but because it having a new OS with a learning curve. The people in this type of community are going to have an easier time with the learning curve and if they have any problems they know they have a community to help with the issue. John Q. Public doesn't have these resources in their arsenal, instead they rely on their friend or family member who "knows about these things " to get them up to speed. So by doing a soft launch they get their staff of unpaid tutors trained before the device gets into the hands of to many of the average customers.

Upvote 0
I hate to be a killjoy, but can we at least HIDE the clapping going forward? Boy, I don't want to have to put up a PSA. Thanks!

I've been saving this one for something special.

tumblr_lks6fzJvuF1qhfyv3o1_400.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones