1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Hoping it works out and your son stays healthy most importantly.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xGalaxyNexusx

xGalaxyNexusx Android Enthusiast

RadioShack has a program where if you bring in an old phone, they'll give you $50 off. I'm not sure if they'll be running it for the release of the Nexus, but I know someone who just got it for the Razr. The only condition is that the phone has to turn on. I'd love to save an extra $50, but something tells me this won't be an active promotion for the GN.

3. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Android Enthusiast

OT Classical Music

If you really want your mind blown, track down Charlie Neidich's recording and listen to that movement. He actually tongues every single note in those sextuplet runs!

scottg96 likes this.
  4. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

i still don't understand why people keep making a big deal about this. are you honestly worried that someone is going to steal your phone, find out who it belonged to, find a close up picture of your face, and use it to unlock your device? that seems a little far-fetched to me. :thinking:

Travillion and nvitone23 like this.
  5. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Stay with us!

6. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

Han better hope she doesn't move up to Admiral.

[​IMG]

soy.lor.n likes this.
  7. Les NexMan

Les NexMan Member

He said "Moderately".

Cool.

soy.lor.n, scottg96 and jbdan like this.
  8. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

Not that any of us would...but you can have a 30 return policy. And the buyback program is nice at Best Buy

9. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

+1 A-men!

Steven58 likes this.
  10. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Do we have any stats for most thanks on a first post? Because the Princess is about to enter triple digits. :D

BonJoviGirl likes this.
  11. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Android Enthusiast

Hmmmmmm...okay BB! I'll switch over to my laptop and head upstairs :p

BabyBlues likes this.
  12. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

When I told the csr who gave me the 100 dollar discount, that it was found in the doorways system? He laughed. I asked him if that showed that I knew too much? He said .. Yyyyyup. ;)

So, you may wanna save the "doorways" modifier if you become desperate because you CSR can't find the 3g to 4g smartphone .. thing. ;)

nvitone23 likes this.
  13. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Android Enthusiast

it would help alot of people man.....please:thinking:

14. cole924

cole924 Well-Known Member

Lots of happiness in this thread... but only 2 leaks? Are we getting our GN on Thursday? Or is tomorrow going to be "make an excuse Wednesday"??

15. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

I'm so tired.. I didn't even get MY OWN JOKE! (darnit)

chankyu92, Les NexMan and jbdan like this.
  16. wittcap79

wittcap79 Newbie

Absolutely. But most people do, it's just one of those things. Like how everyone uses the same password for every website, your not SUPPOSED to, but you do, cause its easy. Just like punching in 1016 on every 4-digit PIN required device.

I would wager money if you took 100 PIN-locked phones and used either MMDD or MMYY you'd unlock well over 50% of them.

17. JMKosmo

JMKosmo Android Expert

If I have to wear that rainbow gear..........I'm out!

atrayn22 and ArXane like this.
  18. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Android Enthusiast

OT
    Hell Yeah BB. Hell Yeah.

BabyBlues likes this.
  19. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Yay!

20. DarthSilentBob

DarthSilentBob Well-Known Member

Low brass in the house! I was a tuba player as well, but had to give it up as it wasn't my major.

Penguissimo likes this.
  21. xGalaxyNexusx

xGalaxyNexusx Android Enthusiast

No... I mean I even said I'm not worried about anyone stealing my phone. But that'd be like having a lock screen with the "connect the dots" type thing with your pattern highlighted. You know what I mean?

I personally don't even use a lockscreen on any of my phones, but it's just the fact that a security feature is completely bypassable. But, to be fair, your example is a lot more far-fetched then how it would likely be violated. I'm thinking more along the lines of a girlfriend or wife using a photo of you to read text messages, emails, etc. Sure, if you're worried about that you probably have bigger issues than a faulty FaceLock program... but it's just kinda lame that a program that only exists to lock your device, can be so easily bypassed.

SolidOrange likes this.
  22. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Ninjak, jruther2, nbajam and 10 others like this.
  23. Shades.549

Shades.549 Member

There you go, made my avatar Christmasy, although at the small size it might be hard to tell

Les NexMan likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews