1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Shades.549

Shades.549 Member

There you go, made my avatar Christmasy, although at the small size it might be hard to tell

Les NexMan likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast

Greetings Mr. Reynolds! I just wanted to say I loved you in Dr. Horrible.

Captain Mal and DCRussian like this.
  3. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

A pre-order would be nice, but highly doubt it's going to happen. :(

4. Reborn58

Reborn58 Android Enthusiast

In 24 hours we could all be going to bed for the last night without our Nexus....

5. timetoroot

timetoroot Well-Known Member

ROFL!! Was just lurking tonight but had to log in to thank this!

6. wittcap79

wittcap79 Newbie

But that's the thing, it's NOT a security feature, nor is it really intended to be one. It's a gimmick.

7. Alright Guys! I just finished unlocking my bootloader and rooting my LTE Gnex. Im going to warn you all right now. DO NOT use superboot to root your Gnex when you get it, root it manually until a better solution comes out. I got a boot loop from it and after searching on the internet I found that others had this issue on production devices. I ended up wiping the cache and formatting which saved my butt. I was pretty pissed for a second thinking i just ruined my baby before the release date.

I had no problem activating it with my home made micro sim and I have not received any updates in the 7 hours its been on. Anyway its up and running now and I LOVE IT! You guys will not be disappointed! :D

8. clearym

clearym Member

I'm thinking that might be 130kB/s cuz most routers top out at 54Mbps...

ASC likes this.
  9. Sketchr

Sketchr Android Enthusiast

But I'm guessing you're going to stay up and see:cool:

jbdan likes this.
  10. jamesoja, SPLover, DCRussian and 2 others like this.
  11. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

jimbo1mcm likes this.
  12. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert

God, I love that every time I hit refresh there's more to read. :)

Reborn58 likes this.
  13. bigmahlman

bigmahlman Newbie

brinox likes this.
  14. EmotionalNinja

EmotionalNinja Well-Known Member

Pictures or didn't happen.

15. JRowMe

JRowMe Well-Known Member

16. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Android Enthusiast

17. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

Ocean City area. I have only called the reseller I go to. I havent tried any of the other stores. But there are at least 4 other stores within 10 miles. Plus the mall and BJs have corporate stores. but they are like half hr away.

18. xGalaxyNexusx

xGalaxyNexusx Android Enthusiast

Eh, I guess that depends on your interpretation of it. I was looking at it more like the new thumb print devices that allow only you to start your car or access a locked room. but whatever. Not a big deal, just thought it was disappointing to know that a picture sufficed. Mooooooving on.....

19. JustNexus

JustNexus Well-Known Member

I just got home from a 14 hour day of being a model monkey in excel. Nothing better then sitting down and drinking a cold beverage and fantasizing about my nexus.

20. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

a girlfriend secretly reading my text messages means we're breaking up, whether that means using a picture of my face to do it or not. basically, if i can't trust my girlfriend enough to not secretly read my texts, or if she can't trust me enough to feel like she doesn't have to, face lock is not my biggest concern.

point taken though. personally, the only people with access to a close up picture of my face are people i trust enough to leave my phone unlocked around anyway.

xGalaxyNexusx likes this.
  21. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Can't photoshop worth flip so does anyone have some tips so I can "christmas up" my avatar?

22. xGalaxyNexusx

xGalaxyNexusx Android Enthusiast

Boy you're hard to please. Is that your MO? Not really participating in conversation, but rather just picking out little things here and there that get on your nerves? lol... just joking around. Like the rest of us, I'm really just ready to have the device in hand and learn about it that way. Until then, reading forums and watching vids are my only GN-related options... ugh.

23. ruestor

ruestor Member

Claire Danes was also in the movie THE FAMILY STONE. (Diane Keaton, Rachel McAdams, Sarah Jessica Parker etc.)

IndecisiveElle likes this.
  24. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

I too slept with my xoom last night. I woke up to check GNex news 3-4 times through the night. Hopefully tonight will be better.

jimmypop13 likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews