• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question. Been looking at past announcements from when other tech sites reported them, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of consistency as far as time goes. I'd imagine it would be morning to get a lead time on promoting the thing for at least a day on the site but it's really anyone's guess.

FYI, Bionic and the Droid 3 were all announced in the morning. Bionic and Droid 3 PR picked up wind on blogs around 10 A.M.

Yeah, same thing for the Incredible and Incredible 2... Looks like around 10am if the decision has been made.

Reactions: Mooem
Upvote 0
Good morning all! Woke up in the best mood, feeling 100% able to knock out both of my final exams today, going to hopefully grab this phone tomorrow, going to graduate from UK on Friday, and then I have a whole 2 weeks off before I start working.

VERY excited about this!

This is our week!

Congrats on graduation!

Reactions: Trocks797
Upvote 0
Good morning Sexy Nexians! This should be the next to last morning we wake up together in here. I am excited for the phone but get kinda sad thinking about not seeing everyone when I wake up. Don't forget to come to the watering hole once in a while.

Morning BB. Hopefully we are only a few hours away from making everything official. Last time I was at or above this excitement level was when my wife woke me up at 5:30am on January 16th of this year. To tell me she was in Labor. It has a lot of the same feelings, chances are something good is gonna happen today, but will be very stressful and worrisome until it finally happens. (Of course this doesn't even compare, even if it was our 3rd, but there hasn't been anything more exciting since then, so...)

Reactions: Mikey P
Upvote 0
I screwed up....Weeks ago I set up an appointment to donate blood at 10am this Thursday (platelets actually which I'm told requires a special machine that they don't have many of). I'm also donating this blood downtown which is about an hour away from my home/VZW store.

I may have to wait until after work to get my new phone rather than at opening like I had hoped.

Sure I could skip the appointment but that isn't in my nature, so while I'm laying there giving the gift of life, please post your thoughts on your new toy so I have something to read.

That's a good thing you're doing. BTW, while most pheresis setups draw blood from one arm and inject back into the other, you might be able to choose a machine that (more slowly) does both through the same needle... thereby preserving your Nexus arm for later. :cool:

Upvote 0
There isn't a VZW/Costco or RadioShack within an hour of downtown? I'm sure you can find somewhere to swing by before/after the appointment.

Plus, most stores open at 8 or 9. If it's 8, you're golden. If it's 9, just drive to the one closest to the appointment and be there when the doors open. That way you'll have time to do the upgrade and still make the appt.

There are 2 radio shacks and a corp store downtown (have talked to all of them). The corp store opens at 8 am. They are supposed to call me when they "know" and I haven't received a call yet. You should be able to snag one there though I would imagine.

Upvote 0
You are awesome. I didn't realize there was anyone nice in the New England area, but you just went right up to the top of my list of nice people who also most likely enjoy watching Tom Brady play. As of now, you're the only one on the list... but you've given me hope of maybe someday finding more! Lol...

Quiet but another nice New England person here :)
Well I wasn't born here but lived in Mass and RI most of my life!

Upvote 0
guys, this poped up in the costco system
3962602e-054a-c862-469c-9e7394e5b6e9.jpg

Reactions: harpua
Upvote 0
that battery booster looks WEIRD and is this the free bundle it comes with?

no way of knowing but my guess is it comes with a bundle like this included and a bundle with a car dock, desk dock, or something like that which need a mail in rebate like the RAZR did

(check my posts, I posted what the RAZR came with yesterday)

Upvote 0
Good morning everyone -- can't believe that this phone will (SHOULD) be out tomorrow.

Found out that I have meetings from 10:30 - 1PM and 3-4PM today so I won't be as active as I normally am. But hopefully when I come back from all my meetings I can read the good news about the phone being officially announced by Verizon for a 15th release. Then I can go to the store that opens at 8AM tomorrow and get it.

My TPU case is sitting next to me taunting me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones