1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Android Enthusiast

I know we don't technically need an announcement from verizon but I am still remaining skeptical until we get official word from someone....whether it be verizon or someone walking in a store and purchasing it without any problems.

jokeefe10 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

atrain: Sorry not enough caffeine here either... try "Edit Avatar" under "Settings and Options"

3. cwazpitt3

cwazpitt3 Newbie

I think you can use your NE2 there. Did you call?

4. pcriz

pcriz Android Enthusiast

I think picking up a GN will have the exact opposite effect. There will be little or no love making well into next week.

bdub and akellar like this.
  5. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Android Expert

The VZW stores opened at 7am for the OG Droid launch (full disclosure - I was there at 5am), but that phone was heavily advertised. Unfortunately I can't see them opening up early for the GNex when 99% of potential buyers don't even know about it.

6. TheWenger

TheWenger Member

It's that "time of the month" anyway.

pcriz and BabyBlues like this.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

For a second I was like :thinking:. I am not a Queen. Then I saw BB posted after me.

8. statepenn03

statepenn03 Android Enthusiast

My OG Droid's headphone jack works less and less each day. The only way I can keep music from going out when using headphones is to keep my phone completely still. The Galaxy Nexus should be quite nice. :)

9. keegan1014

keegan1014 Android Enthusiast

It's a iconic phone, they can't do that.

IM RED-Y likes this.
  10. Long time Lurker here. :D Here's hoping for tomorrow, though I'm skeptical.

Craigboy and DominoHop like this.
  11. flyinggerbil

flyinggerbil Newbie

anyone else having trouble checking out from tpu-cases.com? i keep getting redirected back to the login page from the checkout page. grrrrrr.

12. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert

Totally wasn't your fault. All these late nights of waiting for a midnight release have finally gotten to me, haha. Thank you so much!

13. If this phone isn't announced sometime VERY soon, then I doubt it'll come out tomorrow. When was the last time a phone didn't launch early at least on their website so online orders/telesales could be delivered in line with store availability?

14. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast

So V's marketing plan has been a miserable failure... They were shooting for 100%, right?

15. have24

have24 Newbie

That's what she said.

Anyways, I thought I had watched a video somewhere of the Nexus with a TPU case on it saying the the extended battery fits in the case but I can't find the video right now. I haven't seen anything about docks though. I'm really hoping it works in the desktop dock though.

EDIT: Man, was gone for like two minutes looking at news, came back and hit F5. Responded to this thinking I wasn't too far behind but now realized I was about two pages behind and that someone already answered this. Its early in the morning and this thread is starting to move.

16. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

But you aren't :p :D All in good fun. :D

17. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Hi Skeptical, I'm AntimonyER, most call me Anti for short. Welcome! ;)

18. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Android Enthusiast

tmi

19. statepenn03

statepenn03 Android Enthusiast

If it's not out tomorrow then I will use the half day I took off to finish up my Chirstmas shopping before a dentist appointment. Either way I will be buying something tomorrow, haha. COME ON VERIZON, UNLEASH THE NEXUS!!!!

20. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Android Enthusiast

Okay I was all optimistic yesterday...But if it really is going to release tomorrow, why are the online CSR's still denying information about it? I mean come on, really now? I havent called any stores yet but when I do and if they all keep denying a date; I think we are pretty much screwed :(

21. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Android Expert

Sorry about that Anti. After the fact I realized you ninja'd her. I didn't mean to imply anything or take away your glory for being so quick. :D

Although it's not good to be "quick" in all things.

BabyBlues and AntimonyER like this.
  22. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

Highly doubt the phone is announced till the day it is released.
    TOMORROW

The_Chief likes this.
  23. Thanks, Anti! Good to have a warm welcome. I've called all stores in my area, but they claim to know nothing. Guess we will see tomorrow. Or today, if there's an announcement.

24. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

You can get some nice TPU cases on ebay for $6.95 shipped.

flyinggerbil likes this.
  25. RookTheKlown

RookTheKlown Well-Known Member

I was having the same problem, but just got a warranty replacement (unrelated issue) earlier this month. Has made the wait a little easier.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews