1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. carpmike21

carpmike21 Newbie

I had the same problem a few days ago, so I just bought it on Amazon instead.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mitchg53

mitchg53 Newbie

OMG, am I finally going to have a nexus tomorrow morning??

I was back in another Verizon store yesterday morning and finally had a sales rep who was interested in the gnex. At first he gave me the standard answers but then we got to talking. He saw I had a clue of what was going on and he got excited and also mentioned he is on forums all day. He didn't see any official release date but did have posters. The good news is that my resort town should have 4G possible by the end of this year or early next. I wasn't expecting it until 2013 since we get everything last, but apparently some big verizon executives own second homes here!

3. bdub

bdub Newbie

Soooo your stores saying no, overrules those of us who have stores saying yes? Come on now, keep the faith haha.

4. jeff0r3

jeff0r3 Member

Liez all Liez i tell you.... No Way This Phone is Released Tomorrow... Not THIS PHONE... Nothing is official.. Internal this, word from a CEO CSR in Bumfart Wyoming. Senior CSR Rep of the Midwest Southern Northern District... ITS ALL BOLOGNA!!! When it is posted on VZW's Website then I'll believe it... Til then....

This Thread is now Locked!!!

(Heres to hoping I'm wrong)

5. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

Good Morning! I want to believe but I just can't bring myself to. I'm like a beaten dog who flinches every time someone moves too fast. When someone says, "I got off the phone with a CSR", I end up under my desk in the fetal position. My co-workers are starting to notice.

I totally jinxed us by buying a pouch case from Amazon and a TPU case. Neither have shipped yet so maybe that's a good sign.

I hope this thread only has 26 hours left but we're talking about Verizon, if there's a pooch, they'll screw it.

@kg6epf - I tweeted your ThurZday comment, giving you full credit. Well done!

kg6epf likes this.
  6. eibook

eibook Well-Known Member

I am growing tired of this garbage...just sayin..

tony fazul and Mannequins like this.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Don't worry, the senior members on the thread have all PMed and decided it shall be scott who is the scapegoat for jinxing the release. ;)

johnnybirdman, RichSz and kk4df like this.
  8. RookTheKlown

RookTheKlown Well-Known Member

They're denying because of the gag order. Soon as the announcement hits their stories will change.

I still believe we'll see the announcement today for release tomorrow.

9. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert

Morning everyone! Hopefully this will be the last day of full-time action for my steadfast little OG Droid. It's been a long journey, but the light at the end of the tunnel is near.

johnnybirdman and The_Chief like this.
  10. eibook

eibook Well-Known Member

God I hope so.....

11. AntimonyER

T-minus 1 hour to prime PR time.

12. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

This is, in fact, a rumors and speculation thread... but when My Rep said "be here Thursday morning" I'm taking that to the bank unless I get that awful phone call from said Rep beforehand...

13. statepenn03

statepenn03 Android Enthusiast

My sales training/presentation got pushed up to 10 AM this morning, which means I'm 90% sure there will be some sort of an announcement at 10 today. :(

Mannequins likes this.
  14. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

23 hours until my store opens.

I love that mine is in the mall -- means 8AM opening for special shopping hours.

jasoraso likes this.
  15. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Android Enthusiast

I'm sure it's open today too ;) :p

AntimonyER likes this.
  16. AntimonyER

Nice, also makes you probably one of the first to get it OFFICIALLY ;).

17. Lord save us all from a [Verizon] hope tree that has lost the faculty of putting out blossoms.

-Mark Twain

18. eibook

eibook Well-Known Member

I see what you did there....

DrexelDragon likes this.
  19. altimax98

altimax98 Android Enthusiast

I know im sorry.. but if you were on last night it all makes sense.

There was a leaked email from a business rep who said its coming out tomorrow 'but' to wait a week for a OTA update to get issues ironed out. Makes perfect sense as to VZW not marketing it yet. They need to get the phone out tomorrow and they will advertise it after the OTA. Makes sense.

eibook likes this.
  20. devildriver6

devildriver6 Newbie

Good morning, all.....

21. litobirdy

litobirdy Well-Known Member

22. altimax98

altimax98 Android Enthusiast

I dont know why you bothered replying Chief... Im ignoring all these trolls that have cropped up in the past 48hrs

akellar likes this.
  23. bdub

bdub Newbie

I thought that was just a rep that appeared to be fishing for a commission since he'll be out of town for the first week or whatever...

24. jeff0r3

jeff0r3 Member

That makes no sense at all.. However I hope your right!!:D

25. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

[​IMG]

DrexelDragon likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews