• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I just called the corporate store in downtown Denver and they have no information, no release date, and no idea when Verizon intends to announce a release date. I am losing hope that tomorrow will be the day.

:D As a test I just called a corporate store and asked if they had a white Razr and he said "Nope" I asked if he knew when it was coming he just said they haven't told us yet, it will probably just show up some day. Same answer for the Nexus. CLUELESS

Reactions: soy.lor.n
Upvote 0
has a phone ever been announced on the day of release?

There was a post in here somewhere in which someone mentioned the Bionic, I think, being announced after it was actually available. The closest I have heard of is the day before. However, nothing about this has been even close to normal. Verizon is clearly going to do whatever they want with this phone.

Upvote 0
If the Nexus does go up for sale tomorrow, think we can order it online too? Or would going to the store be faster?

Obviously, going to a store tomorrow morning and picking one up will get it in your hands faster versus an online order at this point. I guess an online order would be good for those that want to assure they can get one and are unable to go into a location and pick one up.

Upvote 0
I think tomorrow is finally going to be the day for the Galaxy Nexus, too many stores getting inventory and emails saying they can sell it tomorrow. No official PR from Verizon yet but from the sounds of it tomorrow is the day... Less than 24 hours to go!!

Us east coasters are so gonna have our Nexuses before a lot of you! :p

I am ok with that. You folks on the east are my first round of troops. I get to continue sleeping while you investigate. I wake up rested pick up my phone and check in. You wake up think OMG I hope it is true and run to the store not knowing.

Upvote 0
Remember, he's a lawyer, they are trained to turn a simple statement into a paragraph of legalese. Not shortening phrases to a three letter acronym. ;)
Ha yea, he also has 4,000 posts on a FORUM with atm probably being one of the most commonly used acronyms. Just kiddin Han, you know I've been bustin your balls since day 1, but secretly I<3U ;)

Upvote 0
So, just called my Verizon Store. It's technically a Cellular Connection not a corporate store.

Asked the rep about getting a Galaxy Nexus. He said it comes out the 15th, which is tomorrow. I asked if they have any in stock and if I could get one tomorrow then. He said yeah we have them we just have to wait until tomorrow. Took my name down and I'll be there when they open at 9am to buy it.

Seems official to me, he actually typed something into the computer before saying the 15th (I heard it in the background). I am now relaxed and confident I'm getting a GNex tomorrow morning!! :D:D:cool:

Upvote 0
I'm sure you wont have a problem, from what I heard, most corporate stores have zillions in stock. I got an appointment since I'm in a small town going to an authorized retailer instead! See ya at the watering hole!

I hope to run into at least one person. Would be nice to be able to say hi before we all go back to the anonymity of the watering hole.

Upvote 0
Just talked to a verizon wireless zone manager (One who had previously been saying "I have no information" every time I talked to him.

Me: "I was hoping to give you my name and number for the nexus just in case it comes tomorrow".

Him: "it DOES come tomorrow, we have the Fedex/UPS shipment arriving around 12PM tomorrow so you can pick it up then."

He was 100% sure that he was given instructions to sell tomorrow.

Reactions: CinLou and cbd
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones