1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. yowas

yowas Newbie

So I just called my store and the dude said they announced it a few min ago? Did they?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jokeefe10

jokeefe10 Well-Known Member

what store in jersey are you talking to?

3. truelove79

truelove79 Android Enthusiast

I'm going to try to resist saying "I told you so" when the Nexus does not launch tomorrow. :(

4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Ugh. If this doesn't release tomorrow I feel bad for the Mods. There's going to be multiple lock downs and who knows what else.

I'll try very hard to not be the cause this time.

:p

jasoraso likes this.
  5. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Android Enthusiast

OH My god it looks like tomorrow is actually going to be the day....I am offically excited now

6. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

:D As a test I just called a corporate store and asked if they had a white Razr and he said "Nope" I asked if he knew when it was coming he just said they haven't told us yet, it will probably just show up some day. Same answer for the Nexus. CLUELESS

soy.lor.n likes this.
  7. dimsdale

dimsdale Newbie

I just called another VZW corporate store in MoCo Maryland (just outside Wash DC).

Me: So can I come in and get a Nexus tomorrow?
    Rep: Let me check.... (pause...comes back)... Sir that phone has been delayed again. We don't currently have a date.

8. There was a post in here somewhere in which someone mentioned the Bionic, I think, being announced after it was actually available. The closest I have heard of is the day before. However, nothing about this has been even close to normal. Verizon is clearly going to do whatever they want with this phone.

9. 49er

49er Well-Known Member

Obviously, going to a store tomorrow morning and picking one up will get it in your hands faster versus an online order at this point. I guess an online order would be good for those that want to assure they can get one and are unable to go into a location and pick one up.

10. RookTheKlown

RookTheKlown Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor, go rent Clerks 2. :)

11. TeeJ911

TeeJ911 Android Enthusiast

I am ok with that. You folks on the east are my first round of troops. I get to continue sleeping while you investigate. I wake up rested pick up my phone and check in. You wake up think OMG I hope it is true and run to the store not knowing.

CaptainRon and Les NexMan like this.
  12. Rybnik

Rybnik Android Enthusiast

My, my! What ARE you watching on that computer of yours? ;)

13. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

I'm not, when it does :)

Les NexMan likes this.
  14. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

What are the chances that the phone will sell out early in the day? When was the last time a phone sold out (that wasn't an iphone)?

15. dakster

dakster Well-Known Member

Picture or it didn't happen.

Les NexMan likes this.
  16. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

This feels very similar to the last few launch dates... :(

17. Are you the thread troublemaker, Han?

18. nyg010

nyg010 Android Enthusiast

Ha yea, he also has 4,000 posts on a FORUM with atm probably being one of the most commonly used acronyms. Just kiddin Han, you know I've been bustin your balls since day 1, but secretly I<3U ;)

19. WyntersEnd

WyntersEnd Member

So, just called my Verizon Store. It's technically a Cellular Connection not a corporate store.

Asked the rep about getting a Galaxy Nexus. He said it comes out the 15th, which is tomorrow. I asked if they have any in stock and if I could get one tomorrow then. He said yeah we have them we just have to wait until tomorrow. Took my name down and I'll be there when they open at 9am to buy it.

Seems official to me, he actually typed something into the computer before saying the 15th (I heard it in the background). I am now relaxed and confident I'm getting a GNex tomorrow morning!! :D:D:cool:

20. WheresTheBeef

WheresTheBeef Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably though I'll try to find some kind of Macgyver method to get it done.

21. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

I don't think so. I'm sure everyone knows by now that "ugly" isn't tolerated here. ;)

we make an exception for Steven's avatar

22. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

I hope to run into at least one person. Would be nice to be able to say hi before we all go back to the anonymity of the watering hole.

23. jmg731

jmg731 Lurker

Just talked to a verizon wireless zone manager (One who had previously been saying "I have no information" every time I talked to him.

Me: "I was hoping to give you my name and number for the nexus just in case it comes tomorrow".

Him: "it DOES come tomorrow, we have the Fedex/UPS shipment arriving around 12PM tomorrow so you can pick it up then."

He was 100% sure that he was given instructions to sell tomorrow.

CinLou and cbd like this.
  24. Jersey Tom

Jersey Tom Android Enthusiast

Not publicly that I see

25. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

WHAT?!?

anyone know of a good forum for ugly people?;)

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews