1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

Hello REZOUND

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett Android Expert

3. CinLou

CinLou Well-Known Member

Lou Anne is my middle name (actually Lou and when I got confirmed I chose Anne in honor of my Mom. Why she gave me a middle name of Lou is beyond me!

drbugsmn and Aabye like this.
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

yep!

5. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

I can wait two more weeks, I'm just not confident at all they won't change it to a first quarter release before then. A date is what we need.

6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

7. Androidcurious

Androidcurious Android Enthusiast

So the fact that they *didn't* say the phone was releasing tomorrow is a good sign?

8. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

If Verizon pulls a last minute reversal, they are really making their employees look like idiots....twice

9. Valyrian

Valyrian Newbie

I'm not quite in Boston, but shoot up 93 and you'll go through my town before ya hit 495. That said, I plan on checking in with the corp store @ the rockingham park mall in NH. They're the #1 store in the northeast (according to them) and I figure they'll have a bunch. If I can get confirmation tonight or early tomorrow AM that the thing is available, I'll be buying mine there in tax free Salem NH!

10. matt999000

matt999000 Well-Known Member

ryancmatchett likes this.
  11. AntimonyER

Welcome! Hold on tight! This thread is flying today.

12. CinLou

CinLou Well-Known Member

so can we then go into BB's thread? I'm afraid I might have a panic attack not being able to "talk" you guys!

13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Well at this point, if it doesn't release tomorrow, I think we can agree that all store reps have lost total credibility, through no fault of their own of course.

That includes the Love Tunnel and Cheetara. Anything they tell us can still be considered to be true based on what they hear, but I will be convinced that Verizon is either BSing their own employees or are so mind-numbingly stupid that they continue to finalize dates only to push them back at the last minute. Any leaks of any dates will thereafter be treated with extreme prejudice and hostility until it actually comes true.

If so, I'll be in TP bliss and I'll just feel sorry for everyone still enslaved to Big Red.

14. Jersey Tom

Jersey Tom Android Enthusiast

Even if tomorrow is the day... work starts at 7am. No vacation time left (all of my FIVE days for the year are accounted for!). Lunch break isn't until 1130 so guess I'll be waiting until then.

15. jzrawlins

jzrawlins Lurker

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

flyinggerbil and MysterX like this.
  16. Mooem

Mooem Android Enthusiast

If that recent statement is true, then I would surmise there not being any sort of press release today announcing availability. Why put out a statement like that if they are planning on saying something today (unless it's going to be much later today). Unless of course this is a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Also, kind of odd that we've only heard from androidandme about that statement and no one else yet.

However, I still think Thursday is in play.

17. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I will be getting a call/text this evening regarding the Thursday morning Nexus purchase currently planned. Will pass along what I find out if we don't already know more by then.

18. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

You are never going to get a specific response like that from contacting their PR, that's only going to come from a press release.

19. RookTheKlown

RookTheKlown Well-Known Member

rhietpas, 3vil and Mooem like this.
  20. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Android Enthusiast

Same here, dood I talked to was open for the most part, said that they have had them in the back since last week, but no news officially yet. He frequents these forums too, which I thought was cool.

man this thread is MOVING! Hard to believe that the end is in sight. It's been a long ride.

21. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

Wait a minute...doesn't this just sound like a canned email responce to a email sent to Verizon PR from Android and me?

The Galaxy Nexus is still on track to launch this year. We will definitely send a press release to announce availability. Feel free to visit www.verizonwireless.com/galaxynexus to sign up for email alerts to be one of the first to know.

at first I thought it was Verizon debunking tomorrows release, as far as we know this guy emailed Verizon a week ago and just got a canned response today.

22. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

It's open now. We spend most of our time here but some familiar faces are there too. I had withdrawals during our server issue today, I'd be like a lost puppy if I had to leave everyone

salizai01 likes this.
  23. TKEnzy

TKEnzy Well-Known Member

In honor of Cindy Lou Who, of course.

CinLou likes this.
  24. AntimonyER

Yeah, but hey you gotta admit, Uno: The Trilogy is awesomely ironic. ;)

woodraskam likes this.
  25. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

When you get there in the morning, just do the stick-a-pen-down-your-throat-til-you-puke schtick and claim that you're sick and need to leave immediately.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews