• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so laughable.

It's 12:30 EST and we haven't gotten one update that is going to release from big red themselves. When this blows up in people's faces tomorrow, this thread is going to hit 100k easily. Instead of the Star Wars theme - it's going straight to "Flame Wars".

Anyone else numb to the pain when this doesn't release tomorrow? I love how people are so certain this is going down, but what evidence really tells you that? We've seen documents before. We've heard from CSRs before. What we haven't heard from is big red themselves.

Trouble lurks ahead. Be careful.........

Upvote 0
My line of accessories :)

3Mv1R.jpg

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with 4 corp stores across Central Jersey (from Trenton to Toms River). All of them refused to give any info on stock or release date. Got the "This device hasn't been released yet nor do we have a release date" line. The most helpful was the Lakewood store. The guy I talked to actually started typing and said to keep calling and asking about it. lol I guess I'm gonna have to play it by ear tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I stopped into my Verizon Wireless Corporate store after breakfast today and FWIW...

I spoke with a guy who had a manager name tag on, and I asked if the Galaxy Nexus was going to launch tomorrow. He told me it was supposed to launch last week, on what he thought was the 7th but had gotten pushed back. He said he hadn't heard anything from Verizon and it would not be launching tomorrow since he would have definitely heard something by now.

I then asked if I could see the demo phone and he let me hold it and stuff. I really like this phone a lot, it just seems perfect. However this information kind of scares me, however him being hazy on the previous launch information gives me some hope that he has no clue what he is talking about.

They already had the white RAZR out on display, it's ugly.

Upvote 0
Just took a visit to my local Verizon store in Northern Kentucky...

I walked in and immediately received assistance. I told the rep I was looking to upgrade to a 4G device. Naturally, he asked if I knew which one. I told him the GN. He said is almost these exact words - ***That hasn't been released yet. There are rumors about when it might come out, but I haven't heard of anything close to an actual release date.***

It's driving me absolutely crazy that some stores are saying "Its a go and we have plenty of stock!" and other stores are saying "There is no information on a release. We have no idea when it's coming out."

Upvote 0
Called two Chicago Verizon corporate stores. One said they have no stock and have heard nothing about the release of the phone. The other said they received shipment and are starting sales first thing tomorrow morning. Of course, I will not divulge which store has the Nexi so that I can hoard them all for myself!!! Muahahaha.

Imagine these are all Nexi.
hold-all-these-limes.jpg

Hahaha.

Seriously, it might be the same store I've been talking to!

Upvote 0
welp, just called the same store ive been talking to and i have another round of info for those willing to listen/read:

(and this was the first thing i said when they answered)...

I said: "for the galaxy nexus launch tomorrow, are you going to have enough stock or should i make an appointment?

he said: "ummmm...*talks to someone off phone, cant hear what he says..."you should probably make an appointment"

He takes my info down and says "it's still first come first serve basis, but if you dont get one tomorrow we are overnighting them for the next day (friday)"

i told him i will be able to get there after work tomorrow at the soonest, he said that should be fine.

SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I called around and tried your method. The 2 corporate stores said plenty of stock but no official word on launch. BJs said the same thing. Cellular Connection (authorized retailer) said they don't have their stock yet but "we do know we will be into launch so if we don't get them in by tomorrow we can order one for you." Almost exactly the same as you heard.

:eek: Stay calm, stay calm.

Reactions: DarbagDarbag
Upvote 0
I'm having these weird deja vu feelings... of um... last Wednesday.
1. For sure it will be on Thursday
2. Kellex tweat saying Friday
3. Tomorrow it will be Monday
4. Friday it will be for sure on 12/22
5. On 12/22 D4 will launch and no word on GN

No, because last Wednesday was still 48 hours to launch and we started hearing almost non-stop bad things. We are less than 24 hours, and over 90% of the things we are hearing are either tomorrow, or no info yet, which more than likely means just a clueluss CSR.

Reactions: Stang68
Upvote 0
Anyone else numb to the pain when this doesn't release tomorrow?

I'm pretty much numb to it. I'm just glad that I'm excited by the TP and that my Verizon-loaned Dinc2 is working flawlessly.

If it happens, great. If not, great.

Way to go, Verizon, for spoiling the only good thing you came up with all year.

Idiots.

Upvote 0
Just called my local VZ Express center and asked about the Gnex launching tomorrow. Off the top of his head the sales rep did not know. He asked the store manager who looked it up in their system and then informed me that it is scheduled to launch tomorrow, but they do not have any in stock right now. I asked him if they received their shipments for today, he told me yes. Asked if they usually have phones in stock on launch day and he told me they always do. Not much of importance here, just found it intriguing that it is in the system for a launch tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones