• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you walked into a verizon store and they said we are selling them tomorrow come back tomorrow....would you walk out and say no way in hell im getting one?

OK MAYBE you would but still thats better then what we have all heard previously.

It's a csr. No, I wouldn't believe them. We've said numerous times they don't know anymore than us. Until Verizon says it, its not official

Upvote 0
Worst case scenario:

Some stores show green light to sell tomorrow, most likely retailers. If it comes down to it, I will be hawking every store in a 10 mile radius in hopes of getting one as confusion over release date rears its ugly head again. I have the morning off...dusting off my tactical gear as we speak for special ops. Let's hope I don't need it.

I don't have tactical gear per se. But I was born with weapons. :D ;)

Reactions: loda7
Upvote 0
Man if this comes out tomorrow I want to be standing at the Verizon in Downtown Denver at 8:30 waiting for it to open at 9 but I have so much work to do all day if I do buy it I am going to slack and not get the shit done haha

ohh man the smarter side of me says wait till Friday but the kid in me says get it tomorrow. I returned my Rezound last night and am rocking an OG Incredible (I miss 4G so much)

Upvote 0
Altimax is right!

The rep told me that it is "for sure, 100% coming out tomorrow".

:D:D:D

So while I'm not 100% sold on tomorrow, this is nice. Last week around this time (the day before supposed launch) we had a ton of bad news already that it was going to be delayed. This week its still either launch or cluelessness. Everyone preaching no release this week consider that for a moment.

Upvote 0
My local corporate store said that there was no news and no release tomorrow. She said she would have heard about it. :(

Others, here, say yes. I'm hoping for the latter.

i've called several corporate stores in the Phx area, and i get the same response: "We haven't received any word of an official release date, so we can't tell you when it will be available."

however, on my last call, i spoke to someone who was very nice, and who is in charge of merchandising in this particular store. she lamented how VZW has buggered this release, and how VZW has been clamping down on the info that they can give out. she then went on to say:

it is a VERY NICE phone! i can also say that, as soon as we get official word from VZW to sell it, we will have enough phones to last for a few days. however, until we get official word from VZW, we aren't authorized to sell it. in fact, if we try to ring it up, it gives a sale price of $10,000, or some other ridiculous figure. that's how VZW prevents us from selling it.

with the iPhone, we just got text messages at 7:00 a.m., telling us, "Congratulations! You are authorized to begin sale of the iPhone." so, we may not know until minutes before it goes on sale.
given the PR statement from VZW to Android & Me, this tells me that VZW is keeping us and its corporate stores equally in the dark. it could be tomorrow, it could be Friday, it could be......who knows?! i still plan on being at the doors at 9:00 tomorrow. luckily, if i get turned away, i'm still only 10 mins from work...

Upvote 0
SquareTrade Warranties | Extended Warranties for 70% Less Than Retail | Electronics Insurance Alternative

Don't give VZ any more money than you have to. I have always used squaretrade for insurance on my electronics and they are top notch. Cheaper than going through VZ/Asurion as well.

Excellent. I have a squaretrade for my tv, but never have made a claim. I noticed Steven used it for his notebook, sounded like it went well. It's nice to hear from others who have used them before.

Tx!

Reactions: SolidOrange
Upvote 0
I have figured out when the Galaxy Nexus will be available.

Remember when people were claiming it was going to come out on 12/12 at 12:12, they were on the right track but Verizon is going after something different then day of the week and month of the year since they've done that before. The clue is that the only real press release they done since the announcement that has really mentioned the Galaxy Nexus has been the one talking about tomorrow, 12/15, being the LTE anniversary. So the the Galaxy Nexus should release on 12/15 at 12:15.
.... or not, I may just be grasping at straws but the good news is that 4G is officially launching in my area on 12/15 so I have that to look forward to once I can replace my OG Droid.

Upvote 0
I decided last week my business for my Nexus is going to Radio Shack because the manager there has been honest with me from day 1 and even put my name on the one in stock and let me unbox it last week. All the VZW stores in the area have lied through their teeth claiming they don't know, don't have stock, yada yada...even one being just plain rude saying "I have no information for you".

I decided to give my local VZW one last chance to come clean and earn the opportunity to get the sale for my wife's upgrade. They still claim they know nothing. They're done. If this phone comes out tomorrow, they will never get a dime of my money again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones