1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Mahalo

Mahalo Android Enthusiast

My store in Tampa confirmed my appointment for 9AM and is plugging one in for me right now so it will be fully charged. She was taking it out of the box for me to give it some juice as we spoke on the phone. She said that she did not expect a huge rush at the store since there is no time for advertisements and most people only know about it from "online forums."

Advertisement

mcchea and Slide83 like this.
  2. nismo300zx96

nismo300zx96 Member

For that guys sake they better be...I can and WILL be a major ahole if i take the day off of work and go there for nothing.

3. EricFoss

EricFoss Newbie

rhietpas, jimbo1mcm, hgray and 4 others like this.
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Hey, hey, watch it!!

5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Ok, so Press office is back from lunch, two more releases about the LTE rollout. Once they get those finished up, its our turn. Can you feel it?

6. eddieruko

eddieruko Well-Known Member

haha my co-workers wonder why i'm laughing all the time.

wow. i tried to come up with a witty picture of being nexecuted. note to anyone tried to google image "executed"... safe image filter would be a wise choice.

7. vzw reseller 1) it's supposed to come out thursday. no stock yet, dunno when stock will be in.

vzw reseller 2) they have a bunch of them in the back, no news on release date, but took my name and placed it on a box for me

vzw corporate) we dont know anything.

who knows what the hell will happen... this is just too weird to EXPECT good things tomorrow.

8. bdub

bdub Newbie

I'm southern wisconsin, and got a yes for thursday, as of Monday evening. This was a corporate store. Retailers and Authorized dealer both were mum on the subject.

9. vzw reseller 1) it's supposed to come out thursday. no stock yet, dunno when stock will be in.

vzw reseller 2) they have a bunch of them in the back, no news on release date, but took my name and placed it on a box for me

vzw corporate) we dont know anything.

who knows what the hell will happen... this is just too weird to EXPECT good things tomorrow.

10. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

I'm having major flashbacks to the Incredible thread.

emmur0 likes this.
  11. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Android Expert

The Wireless Zone in East Providence says they only have 2 in stock and a couple people have already reserved them. I can't get there for opening because of a damn conference call!!!

12. nismo300zx96

nismo300zx96 Member

This thread should be saturated in acid and sent to hell to burn for the rest of eternity, once the phone is released of course ;)

Stang68 likes this.
  13. ink4n3

ink4n3 Newbie

Just got a call back from the store I had called this morning. She just wanted to confirm with me that they definately are getting them in tomorrow. She took all my account info down and said I can stop in after work to pick it up.

14. Yeah i would be pretty heated if I took 1/2 day off to get it and nobody ends up selling.

nismo300zx96 likes this.
  15. TKEnzy

TKEnzy Well-Known Member

There are nearly 12,000 guests on AF. Wow. Just wow.

16. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

A store in Chicago is saying that they can bill it to my account today and have it ready for me to pick it up tomorrow.

That means it's in the system, guys. We are good to go!

jruther2, Paul1201, rhietpas and 29 others like this.
  17. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

It's coming out tomorrow. How do I know? Because the forum is causing a ton of double posts and it's a last ditch effort to hit 2x the # of posts in the dinc thread. You heard it here first folks. :p

WheresTheBeef likes this.
  18. tdub88

tdub88 Android Enthusiast

The stores that aren't saying anything don't have their stock yet. When it comes in, they are able to say it will be released tomorrow.
    They can't sell what they don't hav, so why would they say it will be available? And Verizon doesn't want people coming in expecting to buy a phone when there aren't any there, so the policy is "if you don't have it, you don't have it".

Seems pretty simple to me. Kind of like what you would call a soft launch..........

19. clb2196

clb2196 Android Enthusiast

they do a bunch of shows that week, they always all sell out though. They actually do a free one in the morning of St. Patty's day, but, obviously, you hafta get there reeeeally early. ;)

huh, lotsa RI-ers! I actually work in Taunton, so if I can't find a place here that has 'em I'd be willing to drive out there, seems pretty mixed, though.

drbugsmn likes this.
  20. nismo300zx96

nismo300zx96 Member

12,000 peeping Tom's bogging down the server!!!!!

21. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Careful there Han, someone else posted it IS in the system, but for $10,000. That would be one NASTY bill next month ;)

Penguissimo and akellar like this.
  22. EmotionalNinja

EmotionalNinja Well-Known Member

Han keep in mind I'm a train ride away from Chicago. If you are yanking our chains...

:p

23. mthoren68

mthoren68 Well-Known Member

I apologize in advance, I am bored.

'Twas the night before Release Day, when all through the store
    Not a creature was stirring, not a manager on the sales floor;
    Accessories were hung on display racks with care,
    In hopes that the Gnex soon would be there;
    The Members were nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of Ice Cream Sandwiches danced in their heads;
    And OTD in her nightie, and Steven58 in his cap,
    Had just settled down for a brief late-night nap,
    When from his computer there arose such a clatter,
    Steven58 sprang from his bed to see what was the matter.
    He woke up his Mac to see what was causing the ruckus,
    In the back of his mind thinking,

acemarke, NotJayKay, Stigy and 41 others like this.
  24. m1scr3ant

m1scr3ant Well-Known Member

Same store from last night?

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews