1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

Please read it all...don't get lazy on me. :D

Just called my local corp store, a guy I haven't spoken with yet (suprised there is anyone left) said we haven't heard anything...then I asked if he knew if the white Razr was launching tomorrow he said Yes that phone is launching the same time as the Nexus...I asked him if he knew Verizon sent out a PR today saying the W/Razr launches tomorrow he said "yep" and chuckled.

So they really do know but can't say anything...

Advertisement

SPLover, RichSz, DCRussian and 18 others like this.
  2. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Well-Known Member

I know, me neither. I'll pick up a white razr if I have to to get me off my stock OG Droid. Runs like crap now with or without rooting or roms. Tried too many and always sucks. And maybe the nexus will finally come out before my return window closes and I can exchange. I want the nexus so bad but I'm dyin over here. Takes me 30 seconds just to get my stock launcher to load up when I hit the home button sometimes, plus my battery doesn't last more than two hours and the back plate has swelled up from it

3. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Android Enthusiast

Not that it matters a whole lot but have we gotten any confirmation as to whether or not this will be the Galaxy Nexus or the Nexus Prime?

I'm thinking it will be Galaxy Nexus but Nexus Prime still pokes its head up every now and then.

4. red66charger

red66charger Android Expert

Thanks Han. I just wish she could have weighed in on that statement from earlier this morning from VZW. I just don't see why VZW would release that statement...with that specific wording...if they are still launching tomorrow. I do feel like there have been ample reasons to believe tomorrow is happening, but what is the purpose of that statement?

I gotta say, if this releases tomorrow, which of course is what I'd like to see happen, VZW really, really showed they could give a crap about US after issuing that misleading statement. Either way, it's a lose-lose for Verizon. They really pissed me off this time.

Edit: And I blew my 500th post on such a negative post! I hate you Verizon...I cursed the sky at you!

kcs7272 likes this.
  5. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

HanSolo, BB, OTD, Cheif, AntimonyER, MachDroid:
    Thanks for the effort, posts, etc you put into this thread. Enjoyed getting to know you guys a bit and thoroughly enjoyed each of your antics and discussions throughout the thread. Thanks for keeping me somewhat sane!

Also, Han, give Cheetara a big thanks as well!

Tomorrow I'll have a new phone in my hand, whatever it is. Enjoy the madness and whatever new phone you guys end up with.

Geek signing off!

ASC, RadYOacTiVe, cusjs and 8 others like this.
  6. compwagon

compwagon Newbie

Just called Nashville corporate store. Release confirmed (in no uncertain terms), in stock.

Like many an out-of-loop CSR before him, he could be basing this on old info, or on rumor, but fwiw he instantly knew what i was talking about, and he said he was sure.

xGalaxyNexusx likes this.

7. Just called and held one at Grand Wireless...thanks for the tip!

Hopefully this will all go well!

8. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Android Enthusiast

He must not be aware of the vampire part is the only thing I can think of

Les NexMan likes this.
  9. vespadaddy

vespadaddy Well-Known Member

I bought a TPU case because I could get it pre-launch, it was cheap (under $10 shipped from Madison WI), and I like that it covers the perimeter of the phone without adding a lot of bulk. It is also not constructed of grabby material, so it doesn't tug on the pocket lining of my pants, and it is not a lint magnet.

soy.lor.n likes this.
  10. Badget78

Badget78 Member

Sorry for delay.. hopefully these work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

rhietpas, SPLover, RichSz and 42 others like this.
  11. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

I'm using a non-functioning Dinc (To keep unlimited data). One week without a phone at all is about as far as I'm willing to go. I will be overnighting a GSMNex tomorrow if no PR is released by tomorrow noon. Assuming it isn't sold tomorrow.

12. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Android Enthusiast

Just spoke to my salesman at VZW. Its GO TIME! I ll see him at 10 am. He said 100 % sure.

Rybnik, Cam and BabyBlues like this.
  13. m1scr3ant

m1scr3ant Well-Known Member

LOL @ (ex)friend - have a feeling he's going to banish you from his friend-land?

14. Mooem

Mooem Android Enthusiast

Problem is, we haven't see evidence of a "no go" yet. Things have just been quiet so far on the press releases.

jasaero likes this.
  15. EmotionalNinja

EmotionalNinja Well-Known Member

...seriously?

16. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Android Enthusiast

Agreed, that was brilliant! I wish I could write like that.

mthoren68 likes this.
  17. dakster

dakster Well-Known Member

Just talked the the corporate store in north kingston, RI, and she put me on hold to talk to her boss. Came back saying they haven't gotten word on yet on when they can release it. I asked if they had them in stock, she paused, laughed, and said, "errr, no".

Then went on to say that if they get word from verizon to go ahead they'll be selling them then, so I guess they do probably already have their stock.

18. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Android Expert

You, sir, are my hero.

F150FAN likes this.
  19. jmar

jmar Nexican

Thank you for asking Han. But I would like your approval for naming my phone Han Solo. I am not being sarcastic, I promise.

Let me know.

jmar

20. truelove79

truelove79 Android Enthusiast

I'm right there with you. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect nothing to happen tomorrow.

21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I hear you, Red. But remember, that statement from VZ was simply a reply to a blog's request. It wasn't a typical PR.

The blog got exactly what we got for the last month or so. "We don't know, sign up for the info, it'll be some time this year."

Totally canned response.

Almost worthless, IMO.

red66charger likes this.
  22. Graham84

Graham84 Member

I think they would have had to send notice to all stores both 3rd party and corporate by now if they intended to prevent the device from being sold tomorrow.

I think the most likely scenario is a soft-launch tomorrow and a full launch with marketing in the next week or so.

I just hope it can be bought online tomorrow, I've already lost hope for today. I just want it before the weekend without having to deal with a store.

23. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

ALSO remember people, we've seen several "Leaks" that show 12/15.

It's time to bring it back

U Gotta Believe

jmar and BabyBlues like this.
  24. jasaero

jasaero Android Enthusiast

Even if they try and put another stop sale out again tomorrow, I am pretty sure even more of us will be Nexus owners tomorrow than were last Friday. At some point with stock available most places these tentative on sale dates and communications are going to be VERY hard to take back and still hold employee's and third parties liable for going ahead with sales.

25. jamor

jamor Android Expert

Does anyone else like opening the instruction manual just for the new book smell?

jbdan, jaydotelloh and atrain311 like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews