• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then someone was on testman and refreshed, and at the bottom of the screen there was a galaxy nexus ad, he took a picture and posted it so its on here somewhere, but then refreshed again and it was gone. Pretty funny night

I don't believe that, I'm pretty sure they took the picture and just shopped it in. It didn't fit in with the broken images/contact stuff above it.

Upvote 0
Just my two cents regarding the hit or miss information coming from corporate stores. Anyone here who has ever worked and had bosses can attest to the fact that different managers are, well, very different. And with Verizon, we have different levels of management: store managers, regional managers, etc.

I imagine some managers push sales above all else, don't care about corporate gag orders, or at least don't enforce or push those gag orders in their stores. I imagine other managers are the "follow the rules" sorts, refusing to risk their jobs for the sake of a sale, coming down hard on employees that don't simply supply the corporate line. Take this one step higher: some regional managers may be passing things along freely to store managers, others may be cracking down with iron fists.

The information has to flow through multiple gatekeepers, and past multiple opportunities for gag order enforcement. Thus, inconsistent answers may not mean much with regards to release date. All it could mean is that management is communicating inconsistently.

Upvote 0
A store in Chicago is saying that they can bill it to my account today and have it ready for me to pick it up tomorrow.

That means it's in the system, guys. We are good to go!

Its been there since last weekend. I went to a store and got all the way through the process of a pre order billed to my account before the manager decided to make a call to see if it was ok. At which point they were told first come first serve. So

Upvote 0
britishturbo just tweeted this. This is good news.
britishturbo @britishturbo 4m VerizonWireless is now pushing out the update for the Galaxy Nexus that was needed before it could be released... What does that tell you ;)
Apparently devices in stores are starting to get the OTA update.

Okay, ninja'd a thousand times apparently.

Reactions: RadYOacTiVe
Upvote 0
I hate to be the one to post this, but I just got a text from my rep telling me it just got delayed again. I'm flabbergasted!! We had set up an appointment yesterday and at 11:00 am today she texted me today that it was still a go. Hopefully she is wrong, but I doubt it. :(

PS - off to humbabe practice....so I'm not ignoring anyone if I don't reply to questions. Prove my rep wrong guys!!!!! PLEASE PROVE HER WRONG!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
This made my day! Thank you so much. You rock

britishturbo just tweeted this. This is good news.

Apparently devices in stores are starting to get the OTA update.

Okay, ninja'd a thousand times apparently.
I really dont get this. So what; they open all the boxes and update it then shut it off and put everything back in the box neatly?

Upvote 0
so i called the store closest to me an hour after they opened and the guy on the other line gave me the same canned response that other had gotten word for word... "the device hasn't been released yet."

it dawned on me later that this guy was the same guy that sold me the rezound when it came out and that i still had his business card, so i texted him a few hours later. he responded back with tomorrow is INDEED the day, but they are opening at the same time as usual. YESSSSS!

i no longer have to feel uber guilty for not doing anything for the day's entirety! :)

Reactions: ItsASamsung
Upvote 0
I hate to be the one to post this, but I just got a text from my rep telling me it just got delayed again. I'm flabbergasted!! We had set up an appointment yesterday and at 11:00 am today she texted me today that it was still a go. Hopefully she is wrong, but I doubt it. :(

tell her to check again. this train is leaving the station tomorrow.

Upvote 0

yep.. I wasn't a believer either until about 3 minutes ago.. The rep I've been harrasing and calling everyday for the past month and even had no news to tell me this morning just called me and said tomorrow is the day!! I feel like he knows I would punch him square in the esophagus if he was lying... ITS HERE! :D

At this point, i'm just numb, and I chuckle.

It's the crazy kind of chuckle, like just before someone snaps, and goes postal.

Reactions: SamMax
Upvote 0
I figured that might be a problem with ICS. I've started playing around with Groove IP and a few other apps just for that reason.

Not sure if it is the case on the Nexus, but in my ICS ROM (under Phone > Settings) there is an option for Internet Call Settings. In those settings there are options for a SIP account. You may want to look into that.

Slight OT GV VoIP/PBX questions.

Has anyone here messed with FreePBX and Asterisk to just setup their own personal PBX that can tie into Google voice for both inbound and outbound calls?? I have been meaning to build such a little PBX box for awhile, but have never got around too it and never really read any stories from peeps that have done it as to how large a hassle it is to get it all running well.

I plan to just use this dedicated pbx build if/when I do it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones