• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit, but I've gotten all excited before (last month) and was only left with a bad taste in my mouth. Never again. I'm sticking with tomorrow is not happening. For every "confirmation" peeps have gotten from friends, relatives, and insiders that work at VZW or retailers, there are as many "confirmations" that there is no way it's coming out tomorrow. I just don't see it happening.

Denile,Its not just a river in Egypt.

Upvote 0
Aren't you all so glad we didn't cave with the RAZR or HTC Device or anything else? I know I was REALLY freaking close a few times, so thanks for talking me off the ledge!!

I dunno, I'm still enjoying my HTC Device thus far. It's a keeper til I see the GNex screen quality with my own eyes and make a final decision. Beats (no pun intended) the hell out of being on my Droid 2 that much longer. Can't believe I've had it a month tomorrow. Either way, we're all going to have a happy ending! (and by "happy ending", I don't mean the R-rated version) :D

Upvote 0
Think of the fallout of hundreds if not thousands employees calling to cancel their sales of the phone tomorrow, I don't think verizon could recover when it comes to their higher end phone customer base. Last week, we saw this on a much smaller scale, but by this time most appointments had already been cancelled.

Wellll. I hate to say this and if I"m eating crow tomorrow, I'll do it happily with a GN in my hand:

I do not believe any sales rep has set an appointment with anyone to purchase a GN tomorrow.

Upvote 0
So I am in a dilemma. My original droid is broke. I have no phone, so I'm praying on the Nexus tomorrow.

If I would happen to pick up the white razr, can't I return it within 14 days if "I don't like it"? aka to get a Nexus? Has anyone done this? Also would I be charged extra at all for doing this? Thanks

I feel your pain. My OG Droid finally died 6 weeks ago. So, since then I have been chasing the proverbial carrot that is affectionately known as the "Galaxy Nexus"

Besides, if it doesn't release tomorrow we only have to wait another week........ Oh, when will it end......?????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
FAIL: typo under NFC .. can anyone verify if its actually a typo on the google nexus too?

abm43m.png

4.0.1, build ITL41D has it spelled correctly.

Reactions: bnace
Upvote 0
Wellll. I hate to say this and if I"m eating crow tomorrow, I'll do it happily with a GN in my hand:

I do not believe any sales rep has set an appointment with anyone to purchase a GN tomorrow.

You really have not been paying attention then. I've read post after post. At the very least, customers have been promised the phone will be available, so naturally they are going to rearrange their busy schedules, miss time at work etc, essentially it's going to be a massive cluster**** if they show up and get no phone.

Upvote 0
Sure. Soft launch. That's why they haven't announced anything. Not at all because it's not being released. I can't possibly be that.

It's not like we were hearing about the possibility of a soft launch MONTHS ago. :p So what are you saying about the hundreds of us who've been told it's tomorrow from various Verizon retailers? That they're all lying about it? For all of our sakes I hope you are wrong. :)

Upvote 0
Just talked with a nice guy at a Corp VZW store. He read me the email everyone got yesterday confirming launch Thursday. Then read me the email they got last night/this morning saying there was a potential delay and they'd let them know tonight if they could sell them tomorrow.

I almost WANT there to be another "Stop Sale, Stop Sale!" go out the last minute so I actually get to buy mine against VZW's will before the message gets out.

Reactions: pcriz
Upvote 0
I think you're totally right.. There is no way Verizon would be silent about such a phone of this magnitude and not say a single word other than "We will make a statement" . Well it is 3 P.M. EST and still none.

They even announced the White Razr tomorrow! Sorry to be a debbie downer, but i believe it will be unfortunately delayed again. ridiculous

THat's just it, I don't think this phone is "delayed." I think VZW hasn't set a date for launch and all the "leaks" and "sources" have been pure BS. The GSM version has been out for a while now. Why would they have to keep delaying it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones