1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. billsmed

billsmed Android Expert

I posted this information on Sunday after visiting a Verizon corporate store, but this thread moves so fast and you may have missed it. Now that we're getting so close, I feel it's worth repeating. I wasn't able to get any information about the Nexus that day, but the salesman did ask me if I was a veteran and when I told him that I was, he said to be sure to bring in my DD-214, which proves I was in the service and I would get 15% off.

Wow, that's a $45.00 discount! :)

Advertisement

2. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

Thanks, hopefully this is the case for everyone getting the No Info line.

3. woodstorm

woodstorm Android Enthusiast

Guess it's time to load up ADB in the new laptop. Been waiting until I had the right feeling. Got enough positives in the area. Let's do dis.

jbdan likes this.
  4. EraserXIV

EraserXIV Newbie

Called 2 vzw corporate stores in Boston. Both said they have them in stock but haven't been given the go ahead to sell them.

The rep at the Boylston Street store said she's dying to have the phone too. I mentioned that there are some rumored dates, and before I could finish she interrupted me and said tomorrow is a rumored date but she hasn't heard anything official.

Also called 3 RadioShacks in the area, they all denied having any in stock.

5. carpmike21

carpmike21 Newbie

Those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't.

Travillion and rpretzel like this.
  6. 1Time

1Time Member

Is it sad that out of all my phones that I owned, 3 out 5 are Samsung and the 4th of 6th is also Samsung >< First phone was a motorola flip with a detachable camera lol and the other being a lg chocolate.

7. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Needs to be mentioned thanks for posting it aggain and thanks for serving our country and freedoms. ;)

8. bdub

bdub Newbie

Congrats! My wife and I went to her 20 week ultrasound this morning and found out were having a boy, approx. May 1st. This is our second, we have a 2 year old boy that is just a hoot.

jimbo1mcm and BabyBlues like this.
  9. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert

No, they plan on leaving it free, but only for this phone. All the rest will have the charge.

10. davey11

davey11 Member

Amazing how this thread and this phone has made the lurkers come out, myself included. :)

11. xGalaxyNexusx

xGalaxyNexusx Android Enthusiast

Sleep is for those who already have their Nexus. For us, we require no such thing. All we need is the motivation of a potential release to keep us charged up throughout the night!

chiph411 and jbdan like this.
  12. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Android Enthusiast

Hey guys I'm back! Went to my local reseller who last week told me to come in today and he would have a demo. Lo and behold, he was playing with it as I walked in! Let me play with it for a good ten minutes or so. MAN! This thing is SEXY! :D We even booted up another Gnex to try out Android Beam. It was sick!!!!

Anyways, he confirmed with me tomorrow is the day and to be there at 9 when they open :) I asked him why some stores still deny and he told me there is a gag order out and they can't say anything until the official PR is released (he checks them as well).

There ya have it; I was down earlier but now am CONFIDENT it'll be in our grubby hands tomorrow!

13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Yep. I think I'm now 95/05 in favor of tomorrow!! :D

SPLover, DaGeek215 and NEXUSorBUST like this.
  14. Rippin508

Rippin508 Android Enthusiast

Just curious, what is with the double postings today? Noticed this on 3-4 occasions.

Sorry if this has been explained already.

15. vespoid

vespoid Lurker

Does anyone know if Verizon has a corporate presence in Blacksburg, VA? That seems to be where all of the locations in the simulator are, but google maps doesn't show even a corporate store, just some premium retailers.

16. JRowMe

JRowMe Well-Known Member

wasn't there reports yesterday that mentioned that the 12/15 date was in the infomanager? I'm surprised if that was true that there isn't a screenshot...

:(
    doubt it setting in...

oh help me.

17. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

All I have to add to all the speculation is that I went to the corporate Verizon store here today and the rep there told me that they had been told that the release was now on a day to day wait because there was a battery issue and verizon wanted to wait until they had an OTA update to send out at the same time as the release. Take that with all the NACL you want.

coach26 likes this.
  18. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

[​IMG]

Yep, +2 million - for a while now - and around 10k away from doubling the Dinc thread. Practically striking distance to this crowd! :eek:

:D

Rybnik, Travillion, sluf and 3 others like this.
  19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I love the GSM box so much more than the Verizon.

Frakking idiots even have to screw up the box.

Ugh.

tpags likes this.
  20. NEXUSorBUST

NEXUSorBUST Member

Color me Jealous!! I wish the store you owned was in NC!! I am tired of getting the Verizonaround... I mean run around!

21. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Android Enthusiast

I am the android forum server and.....i think i'm getting a hernia.

backs4iu, BabyBlues and jbdan like this.
  22. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

lol yeah sleep will be difficult tonight. I know one thing though....I'll have no problemo jumping out of bed in the A.M. :D

chiph411 and xGalaxyNexusx like this.
  23. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

Best Buy confirmed phone launch tomorrow. Only took 35 min for someone to answer the phone. insane

magpullin likes this.
  24. GoRavens

GoRavens Lurker

Its just amazing to me how varied the responses from vzw stores is, i called up about 5 locally in MD and although I got a couple to admit they had stock, none of them would say anything or claimed to know anything about the actual release. Most were nice people who I had a conversation with and seemed to be relatively upfront, one even blamed the delay on Samsung, said its the manufacturer holding it up (doesn't seem likely)

SO after all of that, I decided to call a vzw corporate store down in Florida where my parents are for the week, the guy has a waiting list going, says its unofficial for tomorrow, all of the communications theyve had have pointed to tomorrow, but he's been trying to get a definite answer from his higher-ups but they're being "wishy-washy" in his words.. And to completely make sure I realized I need to move to Florida, he told me they have a decent amount in stock and its too bad I'm not down there because he's got one running in the back that people are checking out

25. akellar

akellar Well-Known Member

The pending Nexus release is tearing a hole in the space-time continuum.

windhunde and sluf like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: