1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. lightsout

lightsout Member

Thanks sorry on my phone at work easy to get lost in this thread sometimes

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Store rep has done it in a parallel thread to this one, in their updated OP.

They are asking for orders.

soy.lor.n and woodraskam like this.
  3. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert

4. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

Still no official word, huh?

Couldn't sit on the forums today, so I only now just caught up. I wouldn't put it past Verizon to give a 7pm announcement, just like when they announced the GNex.

5. artnsx

artnsx Well-Known Member

thanks but I called two stores just now and they told me still unreleased and to call back tomorrow....

6. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I just called my local RS too, and no dice. Don't even have stock, supposedly. Oh well. I'd rather get the $100 off at Verizon corp. anyway.

7. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

I'm getting a little scared, :(

8. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

And here comes the floodgate opening up with all the last-minute cancellations.

Verizon is SCREWING their resellers over. How bad do they all look now for telling people they have them and making appointments for the SECOND time?

I hope tons get sold at resellers just to spite them and their craptastic handling of this device.

9. guitarevan07

guitarevan07 Newbie

Hate to be bringing bad news but just got off the phone with the corporate store on north dale Mabry in Tampa Florida and they told me they got an email saying not to sell it tomorrow. Spoke with 2 different people about it too. And this morning they had one on reserve for me. Issue with it being corporate? :(((((

10. NextNexus

NextNexus Member

Whatever happened to 4.1? Were those just test builds?

11. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

I'm going to up the anti :)p) and go to 99.8% my corp store manager just texted me that he's been given the green light and tomorrow is the day!

Cool how all the pieces to the puzzle fall into place all at once.

Love your Christmas avi btw just noticed it

daveydog and AntimonyER like this.
  12. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

same here. im so pissed. :mad::mad:

13. Ninjak

Ninjak Android Enthusiast

Too bad the two Radio Shacks near me aren't doing that. Especially the one telling me to try on Sunday.

14. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

Thanks for the update. I was afraid some poor guy was about to get bombarded out of the blue. He's gonna have a busy next 30 minutes if nothing else.

15. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

There's the 3rd report of this...God damnit Verizon, you are just trolling us now. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

16. lickwidravr

lickwidravr Android Enthusiast

thank you, i've actually been working today (i'm very proud of myself) so i must have missed this....almost had a heart attack :D I'll be at Verizon tomorrow at 7:30-7:45

17. eyehut

eyehut Newbie

So I just called the corporate Chain Bridge store in Tysons Corner, VA and when a sales rep first picked up, she was being honest and told me that it's rumored for tomorrow, but it was unconfirmed.

But crazily enough, while she was talking to me about it, the manager told her it was confirmed that it is set for tomorrow!

It seems like my meeting is not taking place tomorrow, so I will probably swing by there in the morning as well.

She said they have a number in stock and I "should be good."

How will I last through the night?

fiatandroid and jbdan like this.
  18. sk2609

sk2609 Newbie

Did you call the newport center one? What's frustrating is, even at the same store, responses are all different depending on a rep. Screw VZW.

19. JRowMe

JRowMe Well-Known Member

o...m..f...g

20. davey11

davey11 Member

I've heard of some strange names before but Edvonecia?

If your name is Edvonecia...no offence. :)

21. Ginga

Ginga Lurker

!!!:)
    just got a call from the manager at my local verizon. claimed he had just received news that the sales are ready to go live and will hold one aside for me tomorrow morning. said the number of phones are limited at this time and its first come first serve. :)

jbdan likes this.
  22. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Wow, just. Wow. 4pm? the day before? REALLY!? Congrats Verizon. I hope the blogs flame you hard tonight. You have earned it.

johnrclem, lickwidravr and jkc120 like this.
  23. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member

Probably bad time to ask cuz it'll get lost but if the nexus treats internal memory as one partition and you need to wipe the phone or replace the ROM everything gets wiped?

24. webz

webz Newbie

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Just got off the phone with a corp store in CT. They have had stock since last week, got more today, and just got a e-mail that the release is off. No new date. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

25. DJ407

DJ407 Newbie

yeah, i am hoping its just verizon shutting them up but i will call other stores. my money is ready to go for tomorrow and I dont care what rep/ store takes it :p

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews