1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

8AM appointment tomorrow. Anyone's store open before that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hornet1455

Hornet1455 Lurker

I'm as frustrated as everyone else (been stalking the GN since July!), but I have to Verizon grudging respect for making the best of a VERY tough business situation. Here's how I think the drama has played out so far ... give this theory a shot by putting yourselves in the shoes of Verizon's sales-strategy team:

Big Red has been out trying to sell two other very expensive phones (RAZR & Rezound) in the hottest buying season of the year. They've purchased a large quantity of each one and need to unload as many as possible to avoid eating the inventory cost (or giving them away for next to nothing). Now, they HAVE to be concerned the GN will effectively suck the life out of these other phones -- which explains the well-after-Black-Friday launch and near-total radio silence about the GN to date.

However, all the leaks/rumors about a 12/9 (or other) release date just continues to build the GN's buzz far more than Big Red wanted. So, why not delay the launch again to 12/15 -- or at least fake another delay -- to kill some buzz and pressure buyers into giving up and buying the RAZR or Rezound? After all, the GN is gonna be a hot seller even after the holidays, other phones be d*mned...

Bonus: By leaking stories about an OTA update to fix some alleged glitch, Big Red can play the "looking out for our customers" and "nation's most reliable 4G network" cards, thus saving some face with otherwise-enraged customers who want the phone now, NOW, RIGHT THE F--- NOW!!! (Okay, so a few folks are enraged anyway ... but not most ... I hope.)

Thoughts?

3. zoukis05

zoukis05 Member

It's a shame...if it was pushed back to Friday we might have gotten to 100k.

soy.lor.n likes this.
  4. Romparoo

Romparoo Android Enthusiast

I believe it! LOL

5. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 Well-Known Member

WAHOOOO!O!!O!O!OO!O!OO!O!OO!OOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

F150FAN likes this.
  6. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member

OMG it took so long for this dumb post to load that I MISSED THE ANNOUNCEMENT!
    That said... WOO HOO!!!

7. RookTheKlown

RookTheKlown Well-Known Member

YES!!!!! I already warned my boss that I'll have to take some time off in the morning for this, and now my wife can FINALLY stop hearing me talk about this phone.

On a side note, I completely missed that I hit 100 posts, the majority of which were in this thread. Will miss this, but so glad to be getting my Nexus!!!

8. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

I don't see the official tweet on Verizons account, though everyone seems to be talking about it.

9. dinkey33bw

dinkey33bw Newbie

Yyyyyyyyyeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. tomato88

tomato88 Android Enthusiast

11. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

OMG! OMG! OMG! I think I am hyperventilating! It is really happening at last? Quick! Someone pinch me.

12. bammbamm

bammbamm Newbie

Yeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhbbbb baby!!!!!!

13. zedster

zedster Android Enthusiast

14. red66charger

red66charger Android Expert

Now that wasn't so hard, was it? :D

15. kmr0026

kmr0026 Member

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!

16. lovebyte21

lovebyte21 Well-Known Member

17. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

18. Khatmandu

Khatmandu Well-Known Member

Poor Han.. he's got Hanette, Princess Leia and now Lando-ette (I can't see calling the poor woman Chewette) wanting to strangle him over the release of this phone. :D

19. cschwartzy

cschwartzy Lurker

All the Verizon stores around me don't open till 10 AM :(

20. sarxsvt

sarxsvt Well-Known Member

Never been so happy to have been proven wrong. Yay.

21. greatchief1

greatchief1 Newbie

This thread is about to explode...

22. matt999000

matt999000 Well-Known Member

I dont know how im going to sleep tonight, and make it to 10am tomz

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews