• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny/ridiculous that Verizon and every CSR was really pushing me to sign up for email updates on the galaxy nexus page so I can be the first to get information on the phone. I don't know about any of yall, but i have received no such email. Those Verizon execs still deserve a swift kick to the shin.

Upvote 0
Finally what a relief!!!! Stayed at work an extra half hour just to read all the news, it was like 440 ish and people started getting the canceled launch news and I was freaking out then a little after 5 the release was official... what a roller coaster of emotions lol.

Have my name held on a phone at Best Buy can't wait to join you all as a proud nexus owner tomorrow! See ya later OG Droid.

Upvote 0
with the release upon us (surely, verizon can't mess this up...), i've got a question for the group. I'm certain I want to buy a battery, and from the accessories we've seen it looks like we have two options:

1) the bigger battery: 2150mah
2) same sized battery with charger.

Setting price issues aside, which do you think makes more sense? Of course it'd be nice to have a larger battery, but i like the idea of being able to charge two batteries at the same time, which means if i wanted i could always have access to a fully charged battery.

any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Wooooo!

images.jpg

Upvote 0
I find it funny/ridiculous that Verizon and every CSR was really pushing me to sign up for email updates on the galaxy nexus page so I can be the first to get information on the phone. I don't know about any of yall, but i have received no such email. Those Verizon execs still deserve a swift kick to the shin.

Yeah I'm not sure how anybody at Verizon can say "sign up for our email list to be the first to know, blah blah blah" with a straight face. My guess is I'll get an email this weekend :p

Upvote 0
hey my store (manchvegas, NH) that has been all "sorry we don't know..." is now all like "get here at 9, we haven't received as many as other things in the past"!

OK he didn't say it just like that, but... It's in a mall, so I'll probably get there when the mall opens. I won't feel so weird that way about waiting...

Sorry to post another "hey this is what my store said" post, but it's the first confirmation I've heard in New England still.

Upvote 0
hey my store (manchvegas, NH) that has been all "sorry we don't know..." is now all like "get here at 9, we haven't received as many as other things in the past"!

OK he didn't say it just like that, but... It's in a mall, so I'll probably get there when the mall opens. I won't feel so weird that way about waiting...

Sorry to post another "hey this is what my store said" post, but it's the first confirmation I've heard in New England still.

Upvote 0
Figured it was a good time to come out of hiding. I have been lurking for about 2 weeks and I love you guys.

My husband and I have been following the Nexus ride since September. It has been a crazy one. We were on Sprint but got tired of there constant policy changes mid contract. We were on Samsung Moments that barely worked. Mine would barely charge and was cracked. We couldn't wait anymore after the 9th and got rezounds. They are great phones but I have a love hate relationship with sense. I can't wait to get my nexus with vanilla ice cream sandwich tomorrow!!

Reactions: Bonez and crt134
Upvote 0
Figured it was a good time to come out of hiding. I have been lurking for about 2 weeks and I love you guys.

My husband and I have been following the Nexus ride since September. It has been a crazy one. We were on Sprint but got tired of there constant policy changes mid contract. We were on Samsung Moments that barely worked. Mine would barely charge and was cracked. We couldn't wait anymore after the 9th and got rezounds. They are great phones but I have a love hate relationship with sense. I can't wait to get my nexus with vanilla ice cream sandwich tomorrow!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones