1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

just got my 3rd conformation in a week. hahaha tomorrow at 10 the Nexus will be mine!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SPLover

SPLover Newbie

Too cute!:)

3. zedster

zedster Android Enthusiast

I apparently also hack in real life! My boss hates his t-bolt, so I get to do my 9am trip to VZ tomorrow to pick up the phones (mine and the bosses) tomorrow!!!

BabyBlues, crt134 and matt999000 like this.
  4. Manny212

Manny212 Newbie

i knew i wouldn't be eating my rezound tomorrow. Awesome!

Was in my local corporate store a few minutes ago and all set for tomorrow morning

5. QuickDraw23

QuickDraw23 Member

Is there a Nexus LTE ROM out yet?

6. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I was gone since 2 minutes before the announcement until just now! :D :D

Dayz and weekz on end of following in real time, most of the time - and I was out. :p

Congratulations, Nexicans, your diligence and patience have paid off.

There are too many to thank, I hope you know I've come to enjoy to all you great cats, and wishing one and all many good lucks and happy Nexus days. :)

Expect the thread to close 11:30 tomorrow following the Dinc thread tradition. Only thing Phases and Steven haven't said is - what time zone??

I have a source on when the lock is coming, so - maybe - just maybe ...

:) ;)

Again - congrats, everyone!

8. NextNexus

NextNexus Member

9. EllieN

EllieN Member

just called a rep and said its not going to be available before black friday :( i hate you, verizon. but seriously, this thread is a reality show in the making. who wants to move in to a giant house?

BabyBlues, fmadrigal and jdduncan11 like this.
  10. Grendil

Grendil Well-Known Member

Well, wireless and mobile news says "We have confirmed the price from Verizon spokeswoman Brenda Raney which will be $299 with a contract and it will go on sale from Verizon Wireless online at 1:00AM EST."

11. rove75

rove75 Well-Known Member

So Steven, When does this thread close? I'll be sad to see it close, but ecstatic to finally get my hands on the nexus.

12. SPLover

SPLover Newbie

I know right?? While he's going off, the number of followers he had is steady getting lower lol

13. kidtronic

kidtronic Member

We should all do a giant Google+ hangout tomorrow after we pick up our phones.

ASC, fmadrigal, vespoid and 2 others like this.
  14. fiatandroid

fiatandroid Newbie

arrghh -- should have done all my rational thinking pre announcement. it's not like we didnt have enough time :). what you're saying makes sense to me... probably a stupid question (this will be my first non-rental smartphone), but should i expect a cheap external charger to come out within a couple months?

15. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

I'd like to say thanks to the Mods that patrolled this mega thread. You guys made it through finally. Now a new breed of monitoring will begin tomorrow. The all things root section will be slammed tomorrow if i had to guess.

I called my local store. I asked if i got there an hour early if that would be early enough. She said that might be early enough. She said they are expecting a line tomorrow. So i guess i'll shoot to get there about 2 hours early and hope that is early enough.

edit* glad we busted 2mil on the views :)

16. Hardstyle

Hardstyle Well-Known Member

im so glad its finally coming out!
    im debating if i should call out of work or not since i get out at 6pm. soooo tempting!

17. Rrrracer

Rrrracer Android Enthusiast

LOL this place has definitely gone plaid! I'm elated!

CHEERS to all of us!!

[​IMG]

BabyBlues likes this.
  18. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast

Yea, what time zone will it be available to order? 12am eastern?

Last time it was 12 am pacific time when I got the TB

19. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Android Enthusiast

Bella eating in her chair - YouTube

and This is how my cousins dog has to eat. : videos

20. COHusker

COHusker Member

Where is open1your1eyes saying:

"I just talked to my source. He says that Verizon will DEFINITELY be releasing the Galaxy Nexus tomorrow, 12/15."

bhill, EB0199, orlando bull and 9 others like this.
  21. EricFoss

EricFoss Newbie

You still won't get it until Monday unless you pay like $40 for one-day shipping. Verizon is free two-day. If they ship Thursday, you receive Monday...

22. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Why am I not surprised that my Verizon e-mail from the signup hasn't hit my inbox yet?

cusjs, stew930, snowmancomic and 4 others like this.
  23. zx10droid

zx10droid Android Expert

24. red66charger

red66charger Android Expert

I can see mods coming down on this, but he really is classless. I'll leave it at that.

25. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member

?que?

F150FAN and SPLover like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews