• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many are we guessing the corporate stores will have in stock on average? 1-10? 11-20? 21-30? 30+???

I feel like the only thing still standing in my way at this point is them selling out, although my store opens at 8 and I'll be there waiting by 7:45.. hope that gives me a good enough shot.

My corporate store texted that they have 40 in stock and ready to go!

Upvote 0
BOOO-YEAHHH

Just got a call from my Verizon girl!!! (Actually it was an hour and a half ago, but the boards were crashing on me)

No way for me to get there until 5pm tomorrow, so she is just gonna ring it up and hold it for me!!!

I've been riding this thread since page 300 or so (for those of us with 50 posts per page:rolleyes:)

Thanks to everyone for getting me through these past few months!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I specifically mentioned I wanted to order online tonight. The only real difference I can think of was I previously had the early annual upgrade. Sucky that they're giving you a hard time about 2 weeks. This was the only time I've ever tried to move my upgrade date though.

I'd keep trying a couple more times if I were you. Good Luck

And you can log into your account on the website and it says your upgrade is available 12/14? Did you have to have the CSR get a supervisor to do it?

Upvote 0
I've got mine ordered and might have it tomorrow, if not it will be here Friday morning. I live in such a small area in NY state that none of the stores around here are going to have it until Friday, possibly Monday and the local Radio Shacks don't honor early upgrades. I actually got it from the phone number that was posted earlier, I called the minute it was posted.

Upvote 0
Well, as a trial run I tried to upgrade my original droid to a razr right now, but it's forcing me to choose a new data plan, I have the unlimited data plan from years ago and I have been careful not to change it. Everything I read says I should be able to keep my data plan when upgrading to another smartphone, so what gives? Don't see a way to get past the plan select screen and order an upgrade without selecting a data plan.

Upvote 0
I think I'll unlock and root immediately, but I won't be loading any ROMS for a while. ICS looks great.

I just want to be able to take off the search bar at the top and add a search button in among the software buttons on the bottom.

Also, there is a hack someone released that makes the folders on your homescreen square instead of round. I think I'll do that tomorrow, too.

Isn't this exciting!??!!

Will people wait for the OTA update (if not already on the phone) before unlocking the bootloader/root? If not, will we have to find the update on XDA or some other site? I plan on unlocking/rooting ASAP!

Upvote 0
Hate that I have missed most of the excitement today:( been out getting my Christmas shopping done. When I saw the fb post from Verizon insider I about did a happy dance in the middle of carrabbas:D

Missing today was not such a bad thing......there was many ups and downs, and right before it became official, Things were looking pretty dicey. I lost a couple years off my life today, but tomorrow is Phone Day :)

Reactions: redchilicat
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones